Photo
- - - - -

CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

• Please log in to reply
4457 replies to this topic

#151 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

Picked mine up last night from Wal-Mart. Just need to pop it in

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#152 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

Picked mine up last night from Wal-Mart. Just need to pop it in

That's what she said ;)

#153 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

Got mine! I have also decided never to go to Walmart for Black Friday again.

#154 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Got mine! I have also decided never to go to Walmart for Black Friday again.

Try working there. I've survived for the first three hours. If you guys don't hear from me at all this weekend, assume I died.

#155 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

Is anyone else having trouble and getting error messages on amazon when you try to check out?

#156 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

Picked up the game last night at Best Buy! Will try to get some practice in this week to get used to the game and the mechanics.

#157 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

I'm not sure if the Browns being someone's secondary teams means they're not available, but if they're still available I'm interested.

#158 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, latecomers after the first 16 primary teams were picked get their choice of any secondary team.

#159 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

I'm not sure if the Browns being someone's secondary teams means they're not available, but if they're still available I'm interested.

Yeah, secondary teams are all available for the taking. I'll put you down as the Browns and TheSportsGamer23 can choose a new secondary team. You're also free to choose a secondary team too if you want. These are basically just "assigned subs" rather than trying to find a sub for each CPU team. You only play as them when they face a human opponent though. CPU vs CPU games will be simmed.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#160 silversnake5

silversnake5

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

Is there a deadline for the first game? I joined but won't be on tonight probably, so I want to be aware of when I should make myself available.
Posted Image

I will be your wingman. Even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up-Tobias Funke

#161 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

Well, I'm not even 100% sure if everyone has gotten the game yet. There are still a couple from the "waiting list" that haven't updated us on if they got it yet. As of right now, 9 people have joined the league, so we're still missing a few. We'll take week 1 slow to give everybody time to get set up and get acclimated, but I'd LIKE to have it wrapped up by next Friday (12/2) if possible. Everybody should definitely feel free to contact their opponent and schedule a time to play though.

Having said all that, I cleaned up the OP a bit and hopefully made the members list a little easier to read. There are still 5 secondary teams available for those who haven't chosen one. They are as follows:

Colts, Jaguars, Redskins, Cardinals, Seahawks

Other than that, I think we're good. I figured the holidays would slow us down a bit, but hopefully we can get things moving again this weekend and start seeing some games played! Good luck to everyone! :)

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 26 November 2011 - 03:16 AM.

#162 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

If there are no objections, I'll take the Bills as my secondary team. I was born near Buffalo and endured the four straight Super Bowls misery of the early 90s. Now I just laugh when they collapse (as they're once again doing this season). Playing with them should be a riot.

#163 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

Two questions:

1) Do we HAVE to take on a second team?
2) My first opponent is against the Dolphins and they don't have an owner. if they eventually don't get taken as a primary or secondary team, is subbing am option?

#164 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

Two questions:

1) Do we HAVE to take on a second team?
2) My first opponent is against the Dolphins and they don't have an owner. if they eventually don't get taken as a primary or secondary team, is subbing am option?

1) You don't HAVE to, but it would make it easier on everybody else. If enough people decline to take secondary teams, we'd just have to find subs for that team the regular way.

2) The Dolphins do have an owner (albeit a secondary one). The recently revised member list will hopefully make that easier to spot. Blade3D has them.

#165 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

1) You don't HAVE to, but it would make it easier on everybody else. If enough people decline to take secondary teams, we'd just have to find subs for that team the regular way.

2) The Dolphins do have an owner (albeit a secondary one). The recently revised member list will hopefully make that easier to spot. Blade3D has them.

Ahh sorry! I looked yesterday and didn't see them on the franchise screen. I blame the lack of sleep :P

#166 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Ahh sorry! I looked yesterday and didn't see them on the franchise screen. I blame the lack of sleep :P

Haha, I hear ya! But nah, the format sucked anyway. I realized that when I was trying to figure out which teams were left. Makes more sense listing them by division anyway. :)

#167 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:04 AM

I will take the Kansas City Chiefs as my secondary team

Also to add to the Member List, I am in the Central Time Zone

#168 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

I ordered my copy from bestbuy.com on Wednesday, still waiting to get a shipping confirmation. Other items from that order shipped today, so I'm hoping that it ships shortly.

#169 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

I am ready!!! Sent PMs about scheduling games!

#170 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

How do you pick up a 2nd team ? Blade is trying to pick up the Phins so we can play

#171 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

How do you pick up a 2nd team ? Blade is trying to pick up the Phins so we can play

He has to leave the league and then rejoin as the Dolphins. The password is cagls. Pretty much the same as subbing.

#172 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:13 AM

My first game is the Colts...what should I do? Also how do we play as the secondary team? I'm sorry I'm a little confused.

#173 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

My first game is the Colts...what should I do? Also how do we play as the secondary team? I'm sorry I'm a little confused.

We'll give it a few more days, and if need be, we'll find someone to sub. As for playing with secondary teams, all you have to do is choose to leave the league (as in quitting...don't worry, it's ok). Then, just rejoin as your secondary team by searching for the league "CAGLS JV League" and using the password "cagls". After the game, rejoin as your main team.

#174 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

Ya we got it going, though we disconnected twice. First game I was making a comeback in the final minute to tie it, second game I was leading by 21, and third game that we finally finished I got my ass kicked by 14 lol.

#175 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

Ya we got it going, though we disconnected twice. First game I was making a comeback in the final minute to tie it, second game I was leading by 21, and third game that we finally finished I got my ass kicked by 14 lol.

Ah, that sucks. Everybody should try to make sure their NAT type is set to open. Madden does have connection issues at times though. Losing by 14 isn't that bad...especially for somebody who just got the game. Good job kicking this league off though guys! It's nice to see people eager to get started.

#176 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

Blade wanted to keep playing last night after his game with Miami so he called and said be would sub for the Colts. I barely beat him with the Texans. When he subbed in he found out that the Colts still had ALL players which I guess we all forgot about because he had Manning, Addai and Wayne.

The score was 21 to 16 and if Blade would have been more familiar with that Teams offense then he probably would have beat me. Just wanted to let everyone know that the Colts might not be a bad pick up.

#177 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Alert: Anyone attempting to pass against Blade3D is going to get picked off 80% of the time! :P

#178 silversnake5

silversnake5

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

Is there a way to find out who may be available to play in general. Nobody's picked up the redskins and I'd like to get started on the season. I'd gladly return the favor.
Posted Image

I will be your wingman. Even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up-Tobias Funke

#179 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

I'm EST if you want to add that to the first post.

#180 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

Blade wanted to keep playing last night after his game with Miami so he called and said be would sub for the Colts. I barely beat him with the Texans. When he subbed in he found out that the Colts still had ALL players which I guess we all forgot about because he had Manning, Addai and Wayne.

The score was 21 to 16 and if Blade would have been more familiar with that Teams offense then he probably would have beat me. Just wanted to let everyone know that the Colts might not be a bad pick up.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. So, he just felt like playing more, so he subbed for the Colts too? We CAN'T do it like that guys. Aside from the fact that I said to give it a few days to give someone time to pick the Colts, NOBODY should be subbing without checking with the league first...ESPECIALLY to play someone who I know is a friend his. Do you not see at all how that could be misconstrued?

Since this is a first game, I'll let it slide, but in the future, subbing needs to be requested in the thread. Just because you can jump around from team to team very easily doesn't mean you should. This makes me believe more than ever that we need to get these last 5 teams distributed so this type of thing doesn't come up again.