Amazon Countdown to Black Friday Deals - EXPIRED

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#361 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Yes. Enter the UPC code and it will pop up.

Do Standard Edition and Limited Edition have the same UPC? I just searched Limited Edition UPC and the Standard Edition just pop up. Thanks a lot.

#362 herpderp118

herpderp118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

does anyone know if amazon's trade ins policy is per person or per household?

#363 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

per person

#364 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Have to say trade-in prices are pretty weak overall. In fact, the few games I looked at trading in (after I had read about this "deal" yesterday) either have not had any increase in value or in some cases, actually DECREASE in value in less than 24hrs.
Posted Image

#365 ceve2001

ceve2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

I really hate to do it, but I might have to trade in Arkham City for $36 and rebuy later (maybe there will be a GOTY edition some day). I beat it, got all Riddler trophies, and played a decent amount of the challenge maps. I wanted to do New Game +, but I guess that can wait, since I've got a million other things to play now.

I'm trading in UC3 and Dance Central 2 since the BF ads have them much cheaper and I still have the BB coupon for B2G1 to use. I think if you can dump it now for a good price and re-buy later then do it! BF is only a few days away. Just play some other games you haven't yet finished while you wait :)

#366 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

Have to say trade-in prices are pretty weak overall. In fact, the few games I looked at trading in (after I had read about this "deal" yesterday) either have not had any increase in value or in some cases, actually DECREASE in value in less than 24hrs.

I think the 50% must just be on the 100 games listed when you click on the OP's link?

I agree that it's pretty much a joke, save for a few specific games. I was thinking it would be a univeral 50% boost, so was thinking of trading in some games like Mirror's Edge/Arkham Asylum, Blur, etc. The sad reality is Mirror's Edge was $6.00 a few weeks ago, now it's $2.25!!! No thanks, I think I'll just to go ebay....

Amazon is just playing games with people at this point. The PS3 version of Battlefield 3 is a good deal though, I'm trading that in for $40.50 which is awesome considering it came with a $20 bonus. I won't have time to get back into it until possibly after the new year anyway, so I can just trade it now, then pick it up for cheap again at a future sale.

#367 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm trading in UC3 and Dance Central 2 since the BF ads have them much cheaper and I still have the BB coupon for B2G1 to use. I think if you can dump it now for a good price and re-buy later then do it! BF is only a few days away. Just play some other games you haven't yet finished while you wait :)

Oooh, yeah, $37.80 for DC2. Wow. And I bought for $33 + tax through Target's B2G1 a few weeks ago. I see BB will have it for $25 on BF, and Wal-Mart will have it for $15, plus it'll come with another 240 MS points. Guess I'm trading that one in too.

#368 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

Here's a good site to check the history of TIV's

http://tivtrackr.com

I'm trading in a couple of games I've gotten from goozex to cash out.
Posted Image

#369 rajESP

rajESP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

You guys think they will take in a "not for resale" black ops game if I cut out that part of the cover?

Or could I possibly print out a UPC for the game and glue it on?

#370 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

I wish I could take advantage of the trade-in offers, but I haven't had any time to play any games.

/sadface

lol same. i mean i have UC3 but i doubt ill beat it soon. im on chapter 19.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#371 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Got battlefield 3 for $40 after my gears 3 promo and another 20 on top of it. Thinking of taking the karkland code out of my copy and trading it in, rebuy it for 32 after tax on black Friday.

@agent orange,
Keeping the dlc? I think that's what I will do.

#372 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

You guys think they will take in a "not for resale" black ops game if I cut out that part of the cover?

Or could I possibly print out a UPC for the game and glue it on?

They say they don't take "not for resale" versions.

#373 rajESP

rajESP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

I know. That's why I asked If there was a way to circumvent that?

#374 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Anyone know how we to (if it's possible) sort trades by Trade-in value (highest to lowest)?

#375 dax93

dax93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

I have Battlefield 3 Limited Edition on the Xbox 360. I chatted with Amazon. They said that I need to trade in the exact item listed. Only the Standard Edition is listed, so I received the "sorry you cannot trade-in the Limited Edition at this time."

#376 argyle

argyle

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

lol same. i mean i have UC3 but i doubt ill beat it soon. im on chapter 19.

There are only 22 (or is it 23?) chapters. If you're on 19 you could finish it in a couple of hours easy. And trades submitted today don't have to be mailed until next Weds.

I'm trading the Origins collection I got from BB for $16.xx. Will make a nice $10 on that one. Dropping it off at UPS after work, and hoping I get the credit by BF. :)
Posted Image

#377 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

I have Battlefield 3 Limited Edition on the Xbox 360. I chatted with Amazon. They said that I need to trade in the exact item listed. Only the Standard Edition is listed, so I received the "sorry you cannot trade-in the Limited Edition at this time."

I'm going to give it a shot.

Often times their description will say "greatest hits",I have the regular edition, and they accepted that regular edition no problem. So long as the UPC is the same it shouldn't matter, and it would actually be completely baffling logic to reject it for that reason. I don't even think it's a different UPC, when i typed in the UPC off the limited edition it brings up the current listing that says standard edition.

That being said, they have had a habit of doing baffling things to my trades lately. (i.e. reject for no apparant reason at all, or in the worst case they lost the game disc on me and returned an empty case:roll:).

#378 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Got battlefield 3 for $40 after my gears 3 promo and another 20 on top of it. Thinking of taking the karkland code out of my copy and trading it in, rebuy it for 32 after tax on black Friday.

@agent orange,
Keeping the dlc? I think that's what I will do.

Yeah. Actually I think the DLC is just tied to the "online pass" code that you enter. I don't think there is anything else to it, in the terms it just says I will get a notification when the DLC is ready to download.

I did the same with Bad Company 2. I bought the "ultimate edition" when KMART had a crazy deal on it relatively soon after release. Originally I was going to trade my standard edition, but then realized that the "Ultimate Edition" was nothing more than a DLC code that was redeemed on PSN. So I kept my regular edition, redeemed the code from the Ultimate Editoin, then traded the UE for like $15 profit. :applause:

#379 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Pretty great trade-in price for Infamous 2 and a okay price for Black Ops. Having a hard time deciding if I want to throw SMG2 and NSMBWii in the mix though. I haven't played either but I don't think I'll be using my Wii...

#380 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

Trading in AC:B, Black Ops, Infamous and Killzone 2 for $53. I'm pretty satisfied considering I think I paid less for all 4 and beat most of them. Couldn't get through KZ 2 though.

#381 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

trying to trade in dc:2 & kinect sports season 2 i noticed the trade condition there is only good and acceptable but mine are both pristine any way to change this?

#382 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

trying to trade in dc:2 & kinect sports season 2 i noticed the trade condition there is only good and acceptable but mine are both pristine any way to change this?

Those are the only two options. Pristine is "good."

#383 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Those are the only two options. Pristine is "good."

oh ok thanks for the reply.

#384 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Went ahead and cashed in on Rage, Infamous, Bioshock 2 and finally got rid of the stupid blu-ray remote that my PS3 came with. $52.65 for Christmas shopping.

#385 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Check out eBay. People love CE swag and will pay for it when the CE is sold out or hard to find. The founders card will fetch much much more after 11/30 when it doesn't from free w/ the $50 Elite membership, but whatever. Preorder codes/swag always net money too. It pays to preorder in a lot of cases.
When MGS4 came out - those beta codes w/ the MGS Saga vol 2 dvd's netted me $100/per on eBay, and I preordered 2 copies of the game at like 6 gamestops. $60 out of pocket - after fees about $1050 in the bank. Got my $60 back in the fronted money to the gamestops too.

So... you got the swag without having to actually pay for the full preorder?

Does GS always do that? If so, I may have just found a new sideline. Gotta love the free market. Sheesh.

#386 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

I know. That's why I asked If there was a way to circumvent that?

Does it say not for resale on the disc? If not, maybe swap cover art at GS like was suggested for a different game?

#387 Tumbler360

Tumbler360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Is the 50% bonus included in the trade in prices already?

I'm confused...are they offering $40 trade in credit then a 50% bonus on top of that?! So trade in BF3 PS3 and get $40 credit then an additional $20?!

Seems more likely that the 50% bonus is already in the offer...right?

$38.50 for MW3 and $38.50 for Madden 12 doesn't seem right if that is the case. Madden 12 should be less than that and MW3 should be more than $40.

#388 rajESP

rajESP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Does it say not for resale on the disc? If not, maybe swap cover art at GS like was suggested for a different game?

No, not on the disc. It says "not for resale" on the place where the UPC should be.

#389 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Is the 50% bonus included in the trade in prices already?

I'm confused...are they offering $40 trade in credit then a 50% bonus on top of that?! So trade in BF3 PS3 and get $40 credit then an additional $20?!

Seems more likely that the 50% bonus is already in the offer...right?

$38.50 for MW3 and $38.50 for Madden 12 doesn't seem right if that is the case. Madden 12 should be less than that and MW3 should be more than $40.

No the 50% more is already included in the trade-in offer.

#390 Tumbler360

Tumbler360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

No the 50% more is already included in the trade-in offer.

...ugh...those prices are terrible then. Madden 12 for 360 at $40 is pretty good, everything else is too low. (in my opinion)