Amazon Countdown to Black Friday Deals - EXPIRED

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#421 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

I received my Dark Souls CE today. Totally mangled. And it wasn't even because of crappy packaging. It was packed superbly for shipping in a box, secured to a flat cardboard. It was already dented and they just sent it out anyway, haha. Hopefully I can get replacement.

Posted Image

evophile.pngevophile.png

#422 n8dawwg

n8dawwg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

Thank you Jesus for this! I bought Kinect Sports 2 when it launched for $37, was able to send it back to Amazon for $34. Not too bad of a loss on what ended up being one of the worst sequels I have ever played. Sports One was awesome, but this game suck suck suck SUCKS.

#423 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

New deal?

#424 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Its a crappy accessory deal day
Posted Image

#425 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

Its a crappy accessory deal day

It def is but I need a kinect tv mount because my tv is mounted too high on my wall to work so I guess I am in for that!

#426 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

It def is but I need a kinect tv mount because my tv is mounted too high on my wall to work so I guess I am in for that!

I need a device that combines sensor bar, PS Eye, and Kinect...

#427 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Blasphemy!

#428 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Well, this gets you two out of the three...

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_1

#429 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

I received my Dark Souls CE today. Totally mangled. And it wasn't even because of crappy packaging. It was packed superbly for shipping in a box, secured to a flat cardboard. It was already dented and they just sent it out anyway, haha. Hopefully I can get replacement.

Posted Image

That's what I'm afraid of... I think the current inventory of the CE are returns, most of them are either dented or near perfection. I'm sitting out on this CE, it's not worth it. Newegg's $20 coupon will be handy when the standard version of Dark Souls hits $25-$30, basically makes the game $5-$10 :)

#430 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

Well, this gets you two out of the three...

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_1

Damn! If only that could hold my PS Eye! Screw the Wii bar!

#431 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Damn! If only that could hold my PS Eye! Screw the Wii bar!

There actually is one that holds all three, but it looks like shit. I meant a third-party device that combines all three devices into something the size of the kinect (or smaller).

Edit: http://www.amazon.co...21641395&sr=8-1

Edited by elessar123, 18 November 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#432 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

I bought the Kinect TV Mount Clip yesterday for $18.33 and was able to get the price adjusted down today to $12.80.

#433 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Ouch, that sucks on the condition of the Dark Souls CE. That should have been sold on Warehouse Deals only...and once you send it back, probably will.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#434 intuition

intuition

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Really need a store (besides Kmart) to put up a deal on a PS3 headset. Should've bought the Sony one when it was $65 :cry:

#435 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

Snagged a Kinect mount. Needed one and $12.80 is a good price to finally snag one.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#436 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

There actually is one that holds all three, but it looks like shit. I meant a third-party device that combines all three devices into something the size of the kinect (or smaller).

Edit: http://www.amazon.co...21641395&sr=8-1

Wait ... where have I seen that monstrosity before? ... oh yes!

Posted Image

Kill all humans! Kill Johnny 5!

ach.png

#437 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

So how does video games on black friday at amazon work exactly? How do they roll out? If there is a thread to discuss this can anyone direct?

#438 herpderp118

herpderp118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

does amazon trade in require manual + box?

#439 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

So how does video games on black friday at amazon work exactly? How do they roll out? If there is a thread to discuss this can anyone direct?

It kinda varies. Some deals are just active on BF and you can get in on them whenever. Others are Lightning Deals with limited quantities for limited times.

#440 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

It kinda varies. Some deals are just active on BF and you can get in on them whenever. Others are Lightning Deals with limited quantities for limited times.

The really good deals tend to be Lightning Deals.

#441 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

The really good deals tend to be Lightning Deals.

Yeah, maybe. But many of the competition price matches are not Lightning Deals (but some are).

GoW: Collection was $10 last BF, it was a Lightning Deal (Wal-Mart price match). Demon's Souls GH was $15, it was not. And the PS3 Bundle was not a Lightning Deal either. That's all I bought last BF from Amazon, but I remember that price matches were pretty mixed between Lightning and non-Lightning deals.

#442 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, maybe. But many of the competition price matches are not Lightning Deals (but some are).

GoW: Collection was $10 last BF, it was a Lightning Deal (Wal-Mart price match). Demon's Souls GH was $15, it was not. And the PS3 Bundle was not a Lightning Deal either. That's all I bought last BF from Amazon, but I remember that price matches were pretty mixed between Lightning and non-Lightning deals.

You think that amazon will have the ps3 bundle for sale? I heard its a Sony bundle so it's not store specific, that means that they should be on sale on all Major stores, right? Including Amazon?

#443 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

I think you're right. Still, there's no way of knowing what Amazon will use for their lightning deals. I'm hoping the 4GB Kinect bundle isn't a lightning deal or at least isn't in an awkward time slot for me (if it is a lightning deal).

#444 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

You think that amazon will have the ps3 bundle for sale? I heard its a Sony bundle so it's not store specific, that means that they should be on sale on all Major stores, right? Including Amazon?

I'd be surprised if Amazon didn't have the bundle. Just about every major retailer has this bundle on sale. It seems like a no-brainer for Amazon to have it as well.

#445 BlindJoker

BlindJoker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

Posted Image

That's obviously a previous return if it did not get damaged in shipping. My Dues Ex augmented came in today and it also had damage. The damage on my copy was on the outer slip cover, it was covered in scrapes that gave it an appearance of a used game. Thankfully, the game box itself was brand new, so I won't be making a call for a return.

Man, for $40, this augmented edition rocks :). Didn't expect something so classy.

#446 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

So will there be anymore sales tomorrow and Sunday?
Posted Image

#447 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

So will there be anymore sales tomorrow and Sunday?

Tomorrow there is supposed to be a sale on stocking stuffers (up to 30% off), so I'm assuming you'll see a lot of low priced items at an even lower price. I'm not sure if there's anything for Sunday. Monday is when the real deals are supposed to start with the best deals being offered, of course, on Black Friday.

#448 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

there were dents in the tin box, and the lid has a barely visible one but is seen when looking at inside part. this is going back ;)

#449 PopCall

PopCall

Proud Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Why would Amazon think it's fine or okay to post list prices in their sale ?? Or .03 off. Out of 20 360 games, at least a third are like this.

Someone there must be brain dead. Or maybe people actually pick them up anyway and I'm giving the consumer too much credit here.

#450 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

Why would Amazon think it's fine or okay to post list prices in their sale ?? Or .03 off. Out of 20 360 games, at least a third are like this.

Someone there must be brain dead. Or maybe people actually pick them up anyway and I'm giving the consumer too much credit here.

Exactly!