Amazon Countdown to Black Friday Deals - EXPIRED

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#31 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

Looks to me like these are just their normal, everyday price on most all of these games. Lumping all your no-selling crap together doesn't constitute a "deal", Amazon.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#32 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

Not a bad price for Monster Tale.

#33 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Pretty meh selection and prices. I'll wait.

#34 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Pretty meh selection and prices. I'll wait.

I agree.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#35 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

I agree.

I agree too

#36 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

The DS games pointed out are good deals imo. Especially Radiant Historia for 20 and Monster Tale for only 14.

#37 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

I agree too

The funny thing is I received this email early this morning, and contemplated about posting it. Looks like the deed was already done, lol.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#38 bassec

bassec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

I will counter the ops review and say I think radiant historia is a damn fine game. One of the RPGs I fell in love with and could not stop playing.

#39 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

Not a bad price for Monster Tale.

That is a good price for Monster Tale, but the game itself is actually pretty over-rated: the dual-screen gimmick wears thin rather quickly (think Pokemon light), the challenege is minimal, and there's way too much back-tracking through the uninspired environments.

Then again, I am comparing to the same dev. team's earlier effort--Henry Hatsworth--which is one of the best DS games ever made.

#40 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

How is goldeneye?

I played through the first level and couldn't stand it. It felt extremely dated with nods to the old game. You'd have figured they would have put a little more work in cleaning it up. I understand they wanted to try and preserve the old N64 version but I think they just got lazy and phoned this one in.

#41 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

That is a good price for Monster Tale, but the game itself is actually pretty over-rated: the dual-screen gimmick wears thin rather quickly (think Pokemon light), the challenege is minimal, and there's way too much back-tracking through the uninspired environments.

Then again, I am comparing to the same dev. team's earlier effort--Henry Hatsworth--which is one of the best DS games ever made.

Seems that waiting for $9.99 for Monster Tale is the way to go.

#42 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Assassin's Creed II
by UBI Soft
Platform: Xbox 360
List Price: $19.99
Price: $19.96

Whoa buddy. Take it easy there Amazon.
Posted Image

#43 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

Whoa buddy. Take it easy there Amazon.

Im in for 4. Really who in their right mind would buy it for that price when you can get it for half at GS on BF and it counts towards a b2g1 on top of that.

#44 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

Monster Tale for $14 is a must-buy. Its kinda kiddy, but its old fashioned metroid-vania goodness.

538822.png

#45 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Probably in for Radiant Historia, was waiting for a lower price. I'd get TWEWY as well if it had a damn discount!
Posted Image

#46 Dukey77777

Dukey77777

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Radiant Historia, great fucking game

Anyone see NBA 2K11 for PS3 under $10 anywhere? Amzn has it $17 new, $11+3 used....

#47 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Amazon: hey let's inflate our prices to give the illusion of a sale (ex bioshock 2). Soccer moms won't ever notice !

Gamestop overlord in shadows: you are learning well my apprentice, Muaaa ha ha ha ha
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#48 thedragon

thedragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

I just get the deals when I find them, there is definitely no guarantee that Black Friday itself has better deals than the the sales leading up to Black Friday. In fact, last year I specifically remember finding better deals before BF, holding out for BF, and ten feeling screwed over

#49 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

Really like Amazon. Really sad when they do these "fake" deals. Games like Medal of Honor and Majin have hovered around $12 but come a special deal and they're back up to 19.99 or .96. It's insulting.

#50 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

All of those PS3 games have been cheaper.. on Amazon! I feel bad for all the non CAG'ers who will fall for this fake sale

Touche Cheapy....Touche.

No he was just stating the obvious :-$
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#51 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Radiant Historia for $19.99 is without a doubt the highlight of this sale. Anyone who doesn't think that's a great price is crazy. There's only 140 copies left at Amazon too, and who knows if they'll get more.

#52 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

Really like Amazon. Really sad when they do these "fake" deals. Games like Medal of Honor and Majin have hovered around $12 but come a special deal and they're back up to 19.99 or .96. It's insulting.

This. Great minds think alike Posted Image. I think we need to add the word fake before daily in the thread title
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#53 dealquest

dealquest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

This. Great minds think alike Posted Image. I think we need to add the word fake before daily in the thread titlePosted Image

Lol I was thinking the same thing... But hopefully as Cheapy said, these deals are updasted daily so maybe there will be something good

#54 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Radiant Historia for $19.99 is without a doubt the highlight of this sale. Anyone who doesn't think that's a great price is crazy. There's only 140 copies left at Amazon too, and who knows if they'll get more.

Grabbed one, thanks to everyone who pointed this out ;)

#55 pukadon

pukadon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

I ordered Radiant Historia.

I'm really tempted to get Monster Tale, but feel like I should pace myself.

#56 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

97 copies of Radiant Historia left :)

#57 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

We still have a week before the "real" black friday deals week starts for amazon. Their best deals the past couple years have been the week of BF, then on Friday all they do is PM everyone else. Heck, last year they DID PM everyone else during the week, I think I went to walmart at midnight just because it was open, then went back and played CoD Zombies till 5am, didn't even go out on BF because I had ordered everything I needed.
Posted Image

#58 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Amazon's deals tend to feel like them clearing stock to anyone paying attention.

It's not that a lot of us don't still love them and buy/pre-order tons of games from them but their pre-sale price hike tactics and obvious old stock moving deals are just a joke.:roll:

When you keep-up and look at the deals on the whole there really aren't many good ones outside of rare occasions. Taking into account places like Steam where most of the deals are not only good but also involve good games it's a striking difference in approach. (especially factoring in Amazon's desire to compete in the digital download space)

Or rather: When Steam puts a meh game on sale no one really cares because it's just a drop next to the vast majority of good stuff which goes on sale constantly whereas with Amazon it's the reverse.

I still love Amazon but they really need to hire someone with core gamer sensibilities to help steer their sales if they hope to ever truly capture said core gamers' dollars during said sales.
sudo mklove

#59 HeroesNoMore

HeroesNoMore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Very well said, Ian.

It seems the best deals I come across on Amazon are usually the ones that aren't ever advertised (or a deal of the day on rare occasion). Just casually browsing through the games at various times of the year saves me more money and nets me higher quality titles than their sales usually do.

Definitely a sign that your "sale" tactics are wack.
Posted Image

#60 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

43 copies of radiant historia left