Amazon Countdown to Black Friday Deals - EXPIRED

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#151 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Looks like I am holding on my trade-ins until tomorrow.

#152 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

Thanks OP, i wanted to buy this game, but i think i'll wait some more till it drops a little further. But good to see its already droping. maybe i'll get it on black friday

Totally. I was pre-ordered on this, but didn't think the $149.99 was justified and cancelled my pre-order. Not quite sure where the buying point is now, though.

#153 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

bah no alan wake!

#154 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

$149.99 for Skyrim CE is highway robbery. $129.99 is still too much, I would've bought it at $99. They finally realized not many people bought it at $149 so the price dropped already.

#155 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

Might try to snag one of these if they drop to the $80-$50 range and then sell the game and maybe the statue. The game is fantastic, already put in 20 hours on PC (somehow, yikes) and I'm barely out of the first big town. The game is huge and amazing, with very few flaws (well, aside from some bugs .. and stupid omnipotent guards ... again).

#156 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

Wow that's some bullshit on the Dark Souls CE. The original thread had a bunch of people saying they ordered from Amazon and they only got the standard.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#157 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

Wow that's some bullshit on the Dark Souls CE. The original thread had a bunch of people saying they ordered from Amazon and they only got the standard.

Yeah that is beyond shitty. Same with hardened mysteriously popping back in stock

#158 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

Yeah that is beyond shitty. Same with hardened mysteriously popping back in stock

This Hardened edition restock is total shit. I have enough credit to cover it, but since it was "sold out," I paid for it at Target. I know that I could pull off some elaborate buy and return to Target, but it is just a pain at this point.

#159 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

Give amazon some credit... people that order today may get the standard edition as well!
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#160 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

I bought the Balls of Steel edition. Does anyone know if the actual game case itself has a barbode or a "Not for Resale" sign instead. I'd like to trade it into BBV at some point, but no barcode is a dealbreaker for them.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#161 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

What's the speculation on tomorrow? 50% on all trades? Some? I assume it will be select games and the good ole TIV will be doctored to hell. I don't see it being like best buys promotions.

Edit: BB doesn't care about not for resale barcodes. They understand collectors editions and I've never had a problem trading one in.

#162 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

I bought the Balls of Steel edition. Does anyone know if the actual game case itself has a barbode or a "Not for Resale" sign instead. I'd like to trade it into BBV at some point, but no barcode is a dealbreaker for them.

wow bestbuy offering DNF for $2

#163 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

You can download the barcode, print it out and place it over the "not for resale" on any game. I do it a lot
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#164 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Debating on picking up the Cabela's pack for my nephew for Christmas. I know the bundle (with one gun only) can be had for $10 at Toysrus, so I'd essentially be paying $10 for another controller :/
Posted Image

#165 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

I bought the Balls of Steel edition.

I was going to buy the regular edition for $10 at Gamestop on BF despite the reviews because I'm a series fan, but for $8 more new, I'll be happy to take home the collector's edition.

#166 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

I bought skyrim ce from Amazon at launch last week. Do they refund under price protection?

#167 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

Tomorrow: Trade-in Day: Get up to a 50% Bonus in Trade-in Value.

So I'm assuming the 50% bonus is for games only? not hardware? :D

#168 keine

keine

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

I'll wait a little longer and see if I can get that Skyrim CE for under $100.

#169 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

will trade in my regular edition at BBV, just bought Duke ball of steel ps3.

#170 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

... up to 50% bonus on TiV tomorrow....

MMM...

#171 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

realllyyyy tempted by that Skyrim CE..grrr...

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#172 Cjrosa6

Cjrosa6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

wow bestbuy offering DNF for $2

I would like to know where. Lol

And dammit I missed the beautiful PoP cover for $15! :(

#173 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

Really want Mortal Kombat CE but I feel I could get it cheaper.

#174 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Now, if they could just get MGS HD Collection CE back in-stock some how...

#175 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

That Skyrim one still isn't worth it at $130. At that price they're still saying the extras are worth more than the game itself! I definitely can't support pricing like that...especially not for a little statue and some other relatively lame extras.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#176 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

Skyrim CE will drop further... The thing is too big and retailers don't want all of them sitting on the floor/in the warehouse wasting space. Just be patient.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#177 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

That Skyrim one still isn't worth it at $130. At that price they're still saying the extras are worth more than the game itself! I definitely can't support pricing like that...especially not for a little statue and some other relatively lame extras.

I know, it needs...a plastic guitar. Haha music games are dead and it's funny.

#178 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

Im holding out for a sub-100 price on the skyrim CE as well

Im debating the Balls of Steel Edition but I wont get free shipping since its under 25 and I dont have Prime. Prob going to pass on it...I heard the game is pretty lame.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#179 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

why no melon gear salad hd collection lemonade edition??? :(

Hahaha

#180 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

I am guessing that there are more MW3 Hardened Editions lurking in warehouses out there and we will see them on sale before or shortly after Christmas. I can wait.