Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Countdown to Black Friday Deals - EXPIRED

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#211 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

DAMNN!!!! I sent out yesterday............

Trade-In Placed:
November 13, 2011

• Trade-In ID: TRN-9694314-5286870
  • Return Option: Do not return items
  • Total Amount Expected: $197.65
  • 23 Items Submitted

WTH! should i cancel;;?

Nope, by the time you got them shipped back it would be far too late and Amazon only allows you to send two games per system per three months even if you cancel. If you exceed that limit by canceling, then you're only screwing yourself further.

#212 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Just received Radiant Historia from the $19.99 deal a few days ago - this is the vanilla version w/o the soundtrack cd. While I originally hoped to receive the soundtrack version, Amazon sent this in a bubble mailing envelope, so it would've been completely destroyed. $20 shipped for this game still sounds good, no matter which version it is ;)

Radiant Historia CD version was sold out shortly after release and was OOS til the second printing without CD...?

#213 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Take pictures of anything you send. Disc, Manual, Case. I have had 1/3 of my trade ins rejected even though they were sent if excellent condition. They swap discs, and will stomp on the case to break it. It is kind of playing a chance game.

I have personally never had a problem trading games into Amazon. I have traded in over 60 games to Amazon across several dozen trades and I have only had 1 trade-in denied (which was my faulty...didn't realize I had traded in the Canadian version of the game).

#214 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

They rejected my PS2 because I didn't realize it needed a stock controller and they took 2 six axis controllers after downgrading their quality because they didn't have the USB cable. Other than that, mine have been great trades.

#215 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Nope, by the time you got them shipped back it would be far too late and Amazon only allows you to send two games per system per three months even if you cancel. If you exceed that limit by canceling, then you're only screwing yourself further.

I agree. It'll take well past your locked-in date starting tomorrow for you to get your items back.

#216 herpderp118

herpderp118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

anyone got a guess as to when the trade in bonus starts tmw?

#217 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Radiant Historia CD version was sold out shortly after release and was OOS til the second printing without CD...?

That's what I figured; my post was geared toward the other CAG who asked which version Amazon was shipping out. While it would be nice to have the cd version, I probably wouldn't end up listening to it anyway - I'm glad I was able to find the game in any form for $20 ;)

#218 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

The 2 titles that were out of stock on Amazon for a long time, Dark Souls and MW3 are still full price. Makes you wonder if they were hiding the extra copies in the warehouse until this sale showed up lol

#219 streydogg781

streydogg781

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

picked up duke nukem bos and killzone hellghast edition couldn't resist :) for $57.98

#220 Cjrosa6

Cjrosa6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Idk about that, I bought it while on a trip to Louisiana a few months ago at a GS for $30 and to my surprise it had the CD.

#221 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

The Duke Nukem Balls of Steel edition is still in stock for PC for $19.99. I picked that up and Demigod collectors for under $30 with free shipping. Pretty good deal IMO as I primarily game on the PC.

#222 DeadlyMan

DeadlyMan

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

The MW3 Hardened Edition should be able to be sold on eBay after two weeks for a decent profit. After November 30 it will be the only way to get "Founder Status".

#223 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

The MW3 Hardened Edition should be able to be sold on eBay after two weeks for a decent profit. After November 30 it will be the only way to get "Founder Status".

Did Activision say you'd get founder status no matter WHEN you redeemed a hardened code?

Argh I'm tempted that's for sure, but elite is such a cluster Fuck right now. *sigh*

#224 DeadlyMan

DeadlyMan

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Did Activision say you'd get founder status no matter WHEN you redeemed a hardened code?

Argh I'm tempted that's for sure, but elite is such a cluster Fuck right now. *sigh*

From what I understand; all Hardened editions give you "Founder" status plus all the other benefits.

This is from Activision's official website: "If you have a MW3 Hardened Edition you can use the code included on the Founder card to add Founder benefits to your Premium account on the site after 11/30/11" http://www.callofduty.com/founder

#225 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

wow seriously Amazon? MW3 HE and DS CE? I recall how many people didn't get DS CE despite pre-ordering early.

#226 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

The Duke Nukem Balls of Steel edition is still in stock for PC for $19.99. I picked that up and Demigod collectors for under $30 with free shipping. Pretty good deal IMO as I primarily game on the PC.

I really liked Demigod.

#227 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

wow seriously Amazon? MW3 HE and DS CE? I recall how many people didn't get DS CE despite pre-ordering early.

My DS was damaged AND was not delivered release day. I haven't opened it , so I am emailing them now for a new one in better condition. (I plan on keeping it sealed, so I have a matching set of Demon/Dark CEs.

#228 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

The 2 titles that were out of stock on Amazon for a long time, Dark Souls and MW3 are still full price. Makes you wonder if they were hiding the extra copies in the warehouse until this sale showed up lol

I don't understand how Amazon still have them in stock?!?!? I don't want to place an order and just to be screwed with the regular edition (Dark Soul, not MW3 HE).

#229 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Guess I won't buy Call of Duty's HE. I should be happy with BF3 and Skyrim. Maybe rent Modern Warfare 3 next year or something.

#230 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Went for Demigod and Duke Nukem on PC, held off on Killzone because I think it will drop lower, and 30 is my sweet spot for a CE like that.

#231 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

iNCREDiPiNOY mentioned Amazon had like 900+ Hardened editions for both consoles earlier. http://www.cheapassg...tcount=5 <br />

#232 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

wasn't dead rising 2 zombex on ps3 cheaper before, like $18 or something?

#233 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

My DS was damaged AND was not delivered release day. I haven't opened it , so I am emailing them now for a new one in better condition. (I plan on keeping it sealed, so I have a matching set of Demon/Dark CEs.

mine arrived the day after release and it was the regular edition! I sent several emails, and they assured me they'd send another. the last one just refunded my order without giving a reason. then I sold game to a friend. I had to settle for meh versions from GS

#234 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Finally bit on Duke Nukem BoS for PC. Feel sorry for those who dropped the C-note at launch, but patience is rewarding. Got the Halo 3 and Reach Legendary editions for $60 by just chilling.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#235 vherub

vherub

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

I would think Amazon allocated some stock months ago for this promotion. Items like Dark Souls CE, Witcher 2, Hardened probably did not have a reprint, once they are gone, would bet that's it.

#236 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

Just received Radiant Historia from the $19.99 deal a few days ago - this is the vanilla version w/o the soundtrack cd. While I originally hoped to receive the soundtrack version, Amazon sent this in a bubble mailing envelope, so it would've been completely destroyed. $20 shipped for this game still sounds good, no matter which version it is ;)

Thanks for responding! While it's too bad I won't be getting the CD it's still a great deal for the game itself. I fully admit to buying the first-fun versions of special edition games I like just to get the CD and then never listen to the CD :D I figure I'll find it somehow on eBay at some point but the game itself is far, far more important to me.

Hope you enjoy the game and thanks again for answering my question :)

#237 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

I would think Amazon allocated some stock months ago for this promotion. Items like Dark Souls CE, Witcher 2, Hardened probably did not have a reprint, once they are gone, would bet that's it.

I didn't want to think that Amazon would pull shit like this, but they're a shadow of their former self this year so who knows. I definitely can't understand how they'd have Dark Souls back in stock after the fiasco last month.

#238 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

I didn't want to think that Amazon would pull shit like this, but they're a shadow of their former self this year so who knows. I definitely can't understand how they'd have Dark Souls back in stock after the fiasco last month.

Maybe those are the fucked up copies that they sent back to Namco? It's easy for Namco to order another batch of the tin case and re-package them again.

Btw, how did Amazon suddenly have pallets of MW3 Hardened in stock? Did Activision reprint another batch to capitalize on the bundle that was in high demand and sold out before release.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#239 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

They may be from canceled pre orders. One of the COD HE may have been mine. I canceled on the Sunday before launch because they did not office any $20 off next regular purchase promo.

#240 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

They definitely pulled copies of the KZ3 Helghast edition the other day for this sale (same price as it was then). THey had over 999 for sure and all of a sudden they're all sold out, but a few days later and here they are again.

I'm positive they held back some other CE's for this sale and other upcoming BF deals