Amazon Countdown to Black Friday Deals - EXPIRED

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#241 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Maybe those are the fucked up copies that they sent back to Namco? It's easy for Namco to order another batch of the tin case and re-package them again.

Btw, how did Amazon suddenly have pallets of MW3 Hardened in stock? Did Activision reprint another batch to capitalize on the bundle that was in high demand and sold out before release.

I don't think it is a reprint. I have never seen a steelbook or any CE with a steelbook case in it get a reprint. I think they just held back some stock most likely.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#242 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

Dark souls is an awesome game, but the collector's edition is crappy, I would recommend getting the regular version when its on sale instead.

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II.

#243 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

I picked up the Duke Nukem collector's edition this morning before work for $17.99 from Amazon.

sixteenvolt420.png

#244 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

Anyone have any opinions on either Duke Nukem or Deus Ex? They're both current at my on the fence price point.

#245 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

Anyone have any opinions on either Duke Nukem or Deus Ex? They're both current at my on the fence price point.

Get both.

#246 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for responding! While it's too bad I won't be getting the CD it's still a great deal for the game itself. I fully admit to buying the first-fun versions of special edition games I like just to get the CD and then never listen to the CD :D I figure I'll find it somehow on eBay at some point but the game itself is far, far more important to me.

Hope you enjoy the game and thanks again for answering my question :)

You're welcome! I remembered seeing your post right after I placed my order and wondered the same thing, but figured that for $20, either version sounded good.

Now I just need to finish DQ IX so I can start either this or Ghost Trick ;)

#247 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Same here, I'm on the fence for Deus Ex.
Saw an unboxing video and the packaging is very nice.

#248 nakedninja

nakedninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

finally the killzone 3 helghast edition is mine. muhahaha

#249 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Same here, I'm on the fence for Deus Ex.
Saw an unboxing video and the packaging is very nice.

It's extremely nice, just slightly annoying it doesn't have a regular DVD case for the game. I for one don't like leaving out quasi-fragile cardboard boxes to switch in and out games.

#250 vherub

vherub

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

augmented is now oop, right?

#251 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

My DS was damaged AND was not delivered release day. I haven't opened it , so I am emailing them now for a new one in better condition. (I plan on keeping it sealed, so I have a matching set of Demon/Dark CEs.

Update: Does this mean I get to keep the first copy? Or am I reading this wrong?

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the condition in which your Dark Souls Collector's Edition arrived. I've placed a new order for you at no charge. Here are the details:Shipping Speed: One-Day Shipping
Estimated Delivery Date: November 17

#252 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

Update: Does this mean I get to keep the first copy? Or am I reading this wrong?

Later on they MIGHT ask you to return the first copy. If they don't, you're golden.

#253 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Dues Ex is well worth it, but don't bother with DNF or grab regular ed. when it hits $10. Course you could just hit up metacritic (DE HR | DNF).

#254 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

No, they will ship you a new copy at the price you paid from the original order, but will not credit you if you don't return the initial copy, don't be so naive...

#255 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

It's extremely nice, just slightly annoying it doesn't have a regular DVD case for the game. I for one don't like leaving out quasi-fragile cardboard boxes to switch in and out games.

I don't mind about the case since I'm very careful with my collection.

Reason I don't want to buy it now because I'm afraid it'll be discounted futher sometime in the furture. Or they'll release a GOTY with all the DLC. What's the chance of that happening?

#256 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Dues Ex is well worth it, but wait till DNF hits $10. Course you could just hit up metacritic.

Well, I was mainly taking into considering the collector's editions. I was debating on either to get it used for the PS3 for $5.99, or to get the Balls of Steel edition on PC for $19.99

#257 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Later on they MIGHT ask you to return the first copy. If they don't, you're golden.

That's not correct... When they ship you a replacement, you're already charged the amount you paid in the original order. So if you don't return the item, you're charged twice since you have two items.

I did this with a book, Okami, it was damaged and I had to exchange. When the replacement order was sent, I was billed for the same amount I paid for the damaged copy. When I ship back the damaged copy, they credit me back.

#258 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Just ordered Deus Ex for PS3!

#259 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

After running out early tues to get a MW3 hardened, I too am bewildered as to how Amazon now has at least 1000 copies of it in stock.

Bah

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#260 vherub

vherub

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

that founder's code alone is probably going to be worth more than the regular game as the gift giving season gears up

#261 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

that founder's code alone is probably going to be worth more than the regular game as the gift giving season gears up

Why, it does not really mean anything.

#262 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

Exactly, a year from now I imagine the founders codes will fetch a nice price. Probably from the same assholes that were buying the zombie maps for $50. I could see the founders codes going for over $100

Why, it does not really mean anything.

True, but some of these diehard COD fans will eat this shit up once its no longer available.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#263 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

I called them up and they gave me 20.00 credit. thanks

#264 wizzyx3

wizzyx3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

I thought the Founders status expires at the end of this month..

#265 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Mine's already got a $25 bid on ebay. If it is indefinite, it'll sell for a lot around Christmas time.
Posted Image

#266 custo

custo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Has anyone had any experience with returning games to Amazon? I picked up Uncharted (sadly at full price) and want to send it back and grab the CE

#267 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

Has anyone had any experience with returning games to Amazon? I picked up Uncharted (sadly at full price) and want to send it back and grab the CE

You just submit a return request on your order page. You get a label and they'll deduct the price of shipping from your refund.

#268 kamiyan89

kamiyan89

Colombian CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

over 999 copies for dark souls ps3 version, i hope for BF they'll lower the price

#269 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

You just submit a return request on your order page. You get a label and they'll deduct the price of shipping from your refund.

Or you can pay for the shipping on your own and have them provide you a full refund of what you paid for it from them.

#270 GarrettKapman

GarrettKapman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Question about the KZ3 CE, is it true that the codes for the psn downloads are already expired? As in I won't be able to download the content because the codes in the box are no longer valid?
Thanks.