Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) 11/21 @ 12PM ET - BEST BUY Black Friday Ad RZ SILVER MEMBERS - List in OP

• Please log in to reply
992 replies to this topic

#31 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

A 42" sharp 1080p tv for $200.

Just saw the add. I honestly think I'll move thanksgiving celebration to Wednesday and head out to Best Buy Wednesday night. I'll probably get the $300 laptop they've got on sale too. Plus games. My wallet cries.

#32 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

:cry:Aww cmon man. Don't kill my hope.:-#

Fixed.;)

I'm still wondering HOW people actually spend $2500+(and some of ya's admit to spending 2-3x that:shock:) at BB in a year. If I spend $200-250 there in a year it's a miracle. Speaking of miracles I'm hoping to have one happen n get one of those 42" tv's for $200.;)

I usually come pretty close. This last year I bought a new tv (sort of, I had the protection plan on my old one and it crapped out - the way they replace it is by giving you a gift card to pay for a new one, so it counted for ~$1500 or something in points) and came like 100 points short of it. I guess they felt sorry for me and gave me silver membership in Feb :P

Don't think there were any video game deals I was interested in, but I'm curious what $0.99 DVDs and $3 CDs they'll have.

Posted Image

#33 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

I honestly don't know how I'm silver. I haven't even spent half of the required amount of cash. I'm hoping we can get the sharp early. I'm pretty sure the tv I just got is the same one, but cheaper.

#34 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

I have a Reward Zone Mastercard. Besides best buy purchases, I use it to buy groceries and that counts towards my $2500 to retain my status as a premier silver member.

I also have the Mastercard so I can get Premier Silver, I don't spend even close to $2500 a year at Best Buy.

#35 smilee0519

smilee0519

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

Planning on buying the BOSE V35 this tuesday for our second floor theater. Its going to be around 3800 with tax, so its above the 2500 limit. However, would I become a silver member right away or do you have to wait for quite some time to get it

#36 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

Planning on buying the BOSE V35 this tuesday for our second floor theater. Its going to be around 3800 with tax, so its above the 2500 limit. However, would I become a silver member right away or do you have to wait for quite some time to get it

It becomes effective the following February to the next February. so in your case Feb 2012 to Feb 2013 if you purchase this Bose set.

Also I would try to use the recent batch of mobile coupons for a free gift card though Bose is usually excluded; but I would still give them the sku to see what happens.

#37 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:16 AM

Silver should unlock once the purchase posts to the reward zone account. And it should be good till February of 2013.

#38 berga52

berga52

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

I honestly don't know how I'm silver. I haven't even spent half of the required amount of cash. I'm hoping we can get the sharp early. I'm pretty sure the tv I just got is the same one, but cheaper.

Same here. But I have been a reward zone member since it started, back when you had to pay $10 per year and you only had to spend $150 for a $5 RZ certificate, so I wondered if it was a loyalty thing. Or maybe they noticed I started buying from Amazon w/ Prime.

#39 supermanram

supermanram

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:47 AM

I hope the videogames will be on sale then. Wouldnt mind ass creed at 34.00

#40 smilee0519

smilee0519

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

It becomes effective the following February to the next February. so in your case Feb 2012 to Feb 2013 if you purchase this Bose set.

Also I would try to use the recent batch of mobile coupons for a free gift card though Bose is usually excluded; but I would still give them the sku to see what happens.

Hey thanks a lot for that information. Kinda sucks I wouldn't be silver member this BB. Oh well, might just wait until BF and buy the BOSE from the BOSE factory store. Thanks again

#41 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

Offers are NOT VALID at Best Buy® stores and items purchased through this special event may not be picked up in stores. Some products may include a delivery fee

Retarded^^^

#42 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

It's an online special for RZ Silver members, so how is it retarded? Silver members get free shipping anyways. I'm just hoping they have the games offered at Black Friday prices for the Monday early access sale. I can dig some Uncharted 3 for 29.99.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#43 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

I'm pretty sure a lot of the sale-priced games were part of the RZ Silver early sale last year...seem to remember NFS: Hot Pursuit for $30 or so...

#44 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

I am hoping that they have the Asus Transformer deal on there but here is to hoping. Still not sure how I got Premier silver, I spent less than $500 at BB last year.

#45 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

I'm still wondering HOW people actually spend $2500+(and some of ya's admit to spending 2-3x that:shock:) at BB in a year. If I spend $200-250 there in a year it's a miracle.

Easy, average 4 games/month pm'd to $40 & there's $1920. Add some game flips thru @gamer mag & moving credit around, dvd/cds, apple accessories & your there. Others may make 1 large TV/washer/dryer etc pur. And finanlly there's always the RZ mastercard just spend on gas(high as $hit) & reg. bills you'll get there.

Keep dreaming. The TRUE doorbusters...like this TV....will be EXTREMELY limited and available in store only. Best Buy won't risk not having any left by the time Black Friday rolls around. There might be some good Blu-Ray and Video Game deals though. I'd love to get Uncharted 3 for $30.

they order stock just to cover this event then once it sells out they remove it. Once the deal is over they allow new purchases again @ reg. price.

Not sure bout the tv but games/dvd/cds were there last yr I got the $35 games online w/o standing in line.

Weird, I got this email Friday and didn't post it because it's not a deal. Funny how that works.

I posted this b/c there's a HUGE # of people who won't get the games in store BUT have a much better chance online/phone. Thus this has a direct effect on all the BB gaming deals. Watch this thread when people who actually get the games w/o standing in line are glad that they can now avoid BB lines & either focus on other stores or not go out at all.

^^^

Edited by shrike4242, 14 November 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#46 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Easy, average 4 games/month pm'd to $40 & there's $1920. Add some game flips thru @gamer mag & moving credit around, dvd/cds, apple accessories & your there. Others may make 1 large TV/washer/dryer etc pur. And finanlly there's always the RZ mastercard just spend on gas(high as $hit) & reg. bills you'll get there.

You're a better man than me then.

I have PM'd a buncha stuff this year at BB(Uncharted Dual Pack, Dark Souls, etc), but definitely nowhere near the $2500 amount. Now if they put those Sharp 42" HDtvs up on the website for $200 I might just spend $400-600 in one shot, though I sincerely doubt that'll happen.

I'm currently trying to recruit a handful of people to camp out with me at BB and thus far I believe I have at least 1-2 ready to do so. If they actually open up at midnight on Thanksgiving though, then that means I'll have to completely skip the meal and get there Weds night sometime most likely.:cry:

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 14 November 2011 - 04:19 PM.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#47 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

I'm in the same boat as those of you hoping to get Assassin's Creed for $34.

#48 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Do you think you spent anywhere close to $2500 at BB last year? If so, then you are. I really wish they would develop some kind of higher tier...I'm closing in on Triple-Silver for next year. :)

/shrug I called in awhile back asking about my spending and I'm set for Premiere silver til Feb 2013. I've spent way less in the past year but they basically gave me extra time I'm guessing for the amount I spent the year before.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#49 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

You have time to play through 48 games in a year :shock:? I envy you. :drool:

BTW: What's the annual fee on that RZ MC? I recall it being rather high (though to be honest any CC annual fee >$0.00 is too high IMHO). Do you really make back the fee in credit vs., say just using a Discover Card?
Posted Image

#50 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

You have time to play through 48 games in a year :shock:? I envy you. :drool:

BTW: What's the annual fee on that RZ MC? I recall it being rather high (though to be honest any CC annual fee >$0.00 is too high IMHO). Do you really make back the fee in credit vs., say just using a Discover Card?

There is no annual fee unless your credit is shit.

#51 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

I'm currently trying to recruit a handful of people to camp out with me at BB and thus far I believe I have at least 1-2 ready to do so. If they actually open up at midnight on Thanksgiving though, then that means I'll have to completely skip the meal and get there Weds night sometime most likely.:cry:

Heh same here. I'm currently up to 2 people but I don't think we will be able to get there before Thursday. The price is fantastic but I don't know if it's worth it to be waiting that long, especially through Thanksgiving/

#52 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

Yeah. I'm kinda shocked they're allowing a midnight opening(I think BB is anyway), but it's better in the end since then you can go home with your purchase(s) and enjoy them instead of freezing your ass off all night like usual.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#53 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

Yeah. I'm kinda shocked they're allowing a midnight opening(I think BB is anyway), but it's better in the end since then you can go home with your purchase(s) and enjoy them instead of freezing your ass off all night like usual.

I work midnight to 2 pm on Black Friday.

Fuck midnight openings.

Portal 2 i thought was a shooter

#54 SaveFarris

SaveFarris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Think if you got it through this, it'd still qualify for the "$100 off 5 Pre-Orders" deal?

$15 for a brand-new AAA title? Yes, please!
Posted Image

#55 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

So NO $199.99 Sharp HDTV 42" for those who are thinking about getting a jump on that. ;-)

yeah seriously... that sucks ass. I was gonna wait in lines at BB to get one of these, guess that plan's shot...

SteamWidget.PNG

#56 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Good. Glad they're giving the RZ Silver members some perk in the BF sale.

#57 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

Enuf, since you're kinda like the "insider" for Best Buy, do you think IT won't screw up like last year and will only give access to actual Premier Silver members?

#58 newbslice

newbslice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

The deals live for anyone yet? I tried some games but they aren't marked down

#59 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

yeah seriously... that sucks ass. I was gonna wait in lines at BB to get one of these, guess that plan's shot...

Oh no! You should, still, give it a go!:) Just try to go to the 'least' popular Best Buy you can find! I think I will try and get 1 for a gift. Back when the Hp Touchpads were selling like hotcakes, in seconds, a store 30 minutes away had some until after 1pm!!!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#60 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

The deals live for anyone yet? I tried some games but they aren't marked down

Offers valid only for Reward Zone Premier Silver members from 12:00 P.M. ET through 11:59 P.M.ET on November 21, 2011, or while supplies last
Posted Image