Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) 11/21 @ 12PM ET - BEST BUY Black Friday Ad RZ SILVER MEMBERS - List in OP

• Please log in to reply
992 replies to this topic

#61 newbslice

newbslice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Offers valid only for Reward Zone Premier Silver members from 12:00 P.M. ET through 11:59 P.M.ET on November 21, 2011, or while supplies last

Insert homer Simpson voice "doh!" Lol

#62 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

best buy for business used to have a gold tier. i dont know if that even exists anymore
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#63 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

Enuf, since you're kinda like the "insider" for Best Buy, do you think IT won't screw up like last year and will only give access to actual Premier Silver members?

I'll be glad as long as it doesn't mess up like the last Midnight Deals [Specifically the Movies/BD selection... let us not go there :cry:] Wonder if I could pick up that 3DS w/ OOT :drool: I can only hope :roll:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#64 Saberj

Saberj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

Oddly enough, I never hit $2500 at Best Buy, and I still got upped to Premiere Silver. They did a bunch of people that way at some point. People on the Best Buy forums were hot because "we didn't earn it". *shrug*

I'm very close to earning it this year though. Between my W&D set and iPad 2 plus assorted games and such. I'm $501 off.

#65 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Oddly enough, I never hit $2500 at Best Buy, and I still got upped to Premiere Silver. They did a bunch of people that way at some point. People on the Best Buy forums were hot because "we didn't earn it". *shrug*

I'm very close to earning it this year though. Between my W&D set and iPad 2 plus assorted games and such. I'm $501 off.

You can do that final $500! Can I send you my want list?

#66 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

You're a better man than me then.I have PM'd a buncha stuff this year at BB(Uncharted Dual Pack, Dark Souls, etc), but definitely nowhere near the $2500 amount. Now if they put those Sharp 42" HDtvs up on the website for $200 I might just spend $400-600 in one shot, though I sincerely doubt that'll happen.

How much do you spend @ AMZ/Newegg etc. on items sold at BB? I pm EVERYTHING games/dvd/movies/portable HD's/Scan disks cards most of my "play money" goes to BB. Most of the AMZ gaming deals I get the same/similar at BB by pm'ing other retailers & when getting the silver bonus/perks etc it's hard to get a deal at AMZ that beats BB in the long run...for me.
I know people doing the 5 for $100 3 or more times just b/c the flips were to be had & in the end they'll have $400-$800 coming on top of the DLC $...merry xmas:applause::applause::applause:

You have time to play through 48 games in a year :shock:? I envy you. :drool:

I didn't get that many games but I got alot I got a game wall that could make Gamestop :drool: LOL & that's only PS3/PSP games plus a very limited # of PS2(less than 20)

Enuf, since you're kinda like the "insider" for Best Buy, do you think IT won't screw up like last year and will only give access to actual Premier Silver members?

I don't really think they care if everyone has access seeing as they have an alotted amount that'll sell out no matter what...simple put EVERYBODIES MONEY IS GREEN. And it's not like their system is top notch just ask in the 5 for $100 thread.

#67 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

How much do you spend @ AMZ/Newegg etc. on items sold at BB? I pm EVERYTHING games/dvd/movies/portable HD's/Scan disks cards most of my "play money" goes to BB. Most of the AMZ gaming deals I get the same/similar at BB by pm'ing other retailers & when getting the silver bonus/perks etc it's hard to get a deal at AMZ that beats BB in the long run...for me.
I know people doing the 5 for $100 3 or more times just b/c the flips were to be had & in the end they'll have $400-$800 coming on top of the DLC $...merry xmas:applause::applause::applause:

Since I live in a state where there's sales tax(PA) I save 6% by buying from Amazon because they haven't been bullied by the state to begin collecting it yet. Plus as I said prior, if BB would match the $10/$20 credits(or gift cards) for some of the newer releases gaming wise like Amazon has been giving out, then I might really consider moving over my gaming dollars to them more.

But the only thing they seem to offer are the DLC codes for this or that and while I could resell those to recoup $10-20 of my out of pocket cost, I'd rather have a $10-20 credit straight up and NO DLC code to have to waste time selling.

Aside from games I haven't really bought many electronics in recent years, especially since BB did away with their awesome product replacement plans and replaced those with the service plans they have now.:puke: It was nice to go in at just about the two year mark with a tv(or whatever) that you had used for that long and getting it replaced with a 'fresh' one for the cost of the plan alone or upgrading to a bigger/better model for a lil bit more since the plan would give you the original cost of the item back on a gift card.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#68 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

Since I live in a state where there's sales tax(PA) I save 6% by buying from Amazon because they haven't been bullied by the state to begin collecting it yet. Plus as I said prior, if BB would match the $10/$20 credits(or gift cards) for some of the newer releases gaming wise like Amazon has been giving out, then I might really consider moving over my gaming dollars to them more.

I'm in PA as well but I live near the PA/DE line so I can avoid the tax on bigger purchases.

#69 CXK

CXK

KillerInstinctOnline.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

So what restrictions are we looking at? Its it really all of the items in the black friday ad?

kinav.gif
www.killerinstinctonline.net  -  The best Killer Instinct site!

#70 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

I'm in PA too Philly area, I make my large $ purchases in DE to avoid tax(not a big deal bout gas since I drive for a living & my best friend lives in wilmington). Even with tax, in the previous gamers club($10 for $150 spent, reg RZ points & RZ silver 25% bonus, $10 pre-order) combined with pm made the BB game deals pretty much unbeatable vs AMZ.
I usually only get games day 1 w/the $10 credit so this is my usual 5 game review;
four $60 day 1 games($254) pm'd $40 each game me an end result of
$169.60 w/$50 credit($40 from pre-order, $10 for $150 spent) & 211 outta 250 needed for another $5 credit. The 5th $60 game is now just $13.60 OOP prior to a $40 pm + I got a $10 credit too.
There's been some real deals this yr
$30 MK & $35 Portal 2 each w/$20 credit($10 gc/$10 pre-order), DE:HR $35 w/$10 credit

Now with the new gamers club I did the 5 for $100 & I'm seeing what they offer next though to make up for losing the $10 pre-order/$10 for $150 besides the 2X points.

#71 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:19 AM

I'm in PA as well but I live near the PA/DE line so I can avoid the tax on bigger purchases.

where? I hit the concord pike BB frequently but there & Christiana BB call to verify pm's the other Wilmington one is cool you just gotta convo with them.

Edited by Enuf, 15 November 2011 - 03:34 AM.

#72 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

damn maybe I should have signed up for the BB card (it grants Silver status even if you don't spend a dime at BB for the year right?) when I was "pre-approved" when trading games in back October.

Was this early access available to everyone last year? I read the OP that you can order over phone... maybe I can get BF prices by explaining how I was pre-approved for their card 8-)

#73 AceBB6

AceBB6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

I'm currently trying to recruit a handful of people to camp out with me at BB and thus far I believe I have at least 1-2 ready to do so. If they actually open up at midnight on Thanksgiving though, then that means I'll have to completely skip the meal and get there Weds night sometime most likely.:cry:

Haha, that would suck and not really worth it in my opinion. I know $200 sounds nice but its probably just a cheap TV. Not even the Aquos line. Pass.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

No sales tax in DE?! Wow. I get to pay 7% here in Indiana, or 9~10% if I head over to Illinois which is really close.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#75 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

Haha, that would suck and not really worth it in my opinion. I know $200 sounds nice but its probably just a cheap TV. Not even the Aquos line. Pass.

I doubt it's 'cheap'. And, that's why they make warranties.

Agree with you on this-"Haha, that would suck and not really worth it in my opinion."...unless he spends Thanksgiving alone. Would be sad to miss a meal like that for some object.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#76 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

And it's not like their system is top notch just ask in the 5 for $100 thread.

Don't remind me. Once my accounts were merged, it's been a big big SNAFU and they lost my games. Just waiting word from Mike-BBY @ the BB forums to see what the update is.

#77 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

Whaaa? I would love to get BF deals early, but I'm not a silver member. Is it true if you have a Best Buy card you are automatically a silver member? I do have one of those. And did they announce what items will be available early? I would love that 80 dollar tv...

#78 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

Doh, I really hope somehow in-store pick up becomes available for this...

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#79 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

So I suppose in order to get a 'good' tv one must spend $500 plus? That's not my thing. I'm cheap as cheap can be. But even though I like to get stuff cheap I also expect it to be durable and last. This is the issue I have with the newer tv's, where people seem complacent and expect them to wear out or be replaced in five years or so. I had my last SDtv before the current one I use in my room for 17 years. It was one of the 'throwaways'(Sharp brand), but we still got our money's worth from that one.

But if I'm paying $300-400+ for a tv and the frickin' thing starts acting up in a year(just outside the woefully short warranty most of these have)or two, then that sucks balls and I'd never buy a product from those companies again. This too is why I kinda refused to make the jump to HDtv's for a looooong time and only jumped into HD with a $40 21" monitor with HDMI for my PS3.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#80 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Still hoping for most/all of the video games to be part of this! Hurry up Nov. 21!!!

Posted Image

#81 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

damn maybe I should have signed up for the BB card (it grants Silver status even if you don't spend a dime at BB for the year right?) when I was "pre-approved" when trading games in back October.

I have to charge $2500 a year to the card to get Silver status ... but that $2500 can be anywhere, doesn't just have to be at Best buy. I usually hit the limit in Feb.

#82 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'm a RZ Silver and never got an email about this. Was there a link associated with the email notification?
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#83 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm gonna grab nba 2k12 then exchange it in store for the Larry bird cover

#84 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm a RZ Silver and never got an email about this. Was there a link associated with the email notification?

I didn't get the email either, but if you log in to your rz page, there's an announcement about it. From Noon ET tomorrow to midnight...

#85 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

just got an email with a link to preview Black Friday sales. It looks like everything..the wording of the sales event makes me think it WILL apply to everything. Freaking sweet! I love this, almost makes me not have to go out this year..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#86 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

just got an email with a link to preview Black Friday sales. It looks like everything..the wording of the sales event makes me think it WILL apply to everything. Freaking sweet! I love this, almost makes me not have to go out this year..

Ahh, I'm getting excited! Hoping to get in on Arkham City and Gears 3 at least. Contemplating on the X12's also.. Hopefully I can snag a 3 month for $8 too. w00t!

Posted Image

#87 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

If you follow the link in your RZ, you can now see the items that will be available for the Early Access sale tomorrow. It's gonna be a free for all!

#88 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

huh the link in my reward zone just asks me to link my bb account and reward zone, which i have done. Don't see anything about what is going to be available.

#89 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

I have to charge $2500 a year to the card to get Silver status ... but that $2500 can be anywhere, doesn't just have to be at Best buy. I usually hit the limit in Feb.

unless i got a very old card the best buy credit card card can only be used at best buy (though my card is like 10 years old)
WOOOO I STINK

#90 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

huh the link in my reward zone just asks me to link my bb account and reward zone, which i have done. Don't see anything about what is going to be available.

I don't know how in the hell I got to it, then...BB is so cryptic with their changing links. Anyway, look here.

Also, remember you do have to be RZ Silver to access these deals early.