Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/13/11 to 11/19/11)

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#91 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

hmmm..might as well take in my receipt from Arkham City and get a free copy of Batman Year One. Though I already own it.

I wonder if this will work with the Collector's Edition?

Also, the 10% off coupon.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#92 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Will BB match the buy 1 3DS game, get the 2nd 40% off?

#93 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Pricematching at Fry's for 10 dollars off, plus selling my Robin code for 25, and NOW (maybe) a free Blu-ray of Year 1? Yes, please.

#94 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

I'm wondering the same thing. I want to get Mario 3DS and Shinobi 3DS and I'm not even sure if TRU will get that in on Tuesday.

#95 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

I was going to get Saints Row 3 & Halo Anniversary at KMart with the Buy 1 Get One 1/2 Off sale, but with TRU adding the Saints Row SG in the mix, I am in for TRU this time around (or if BBY will price match of course :D)
Posted Image

#96 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

thanks a lot! in for the 3D glases Posted Image

I picked these up earlier today, but they will be going back to BB on Tuesday as the glasses are too small for my head. They were great quality, but the glasses were so tight on my temples that I got a headache. Granted, my head is so big that I wear a 8 1/2 sized baseball cap, so the size should be good for most regular sized heads ;)
Posted Image

#97 brxandon

brxandon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

crazy if thats the real list for the trade in's. I have a bunch of garbage that is listed, I could easily get $25 lol

#98 smilee0519

smilee0519

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

What is Toys R Us return policy on gift card with purchase?

Bought a game that came with a $15 gift card, but want to return it with the game because they have a better $20 gift card promo come Friday.

Sorry dude but they don't take back gift card. They're just going to refund the price of the game, not the gift card. But seriously, is it worth wasting time over fiver bucks8-[

#99 fireworkfan

fireworkfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

I know. The ol' lady wants to get a new one. I'm telling her we need to hold out a bit longer.

I'm waiting a bit longer as well personally I hope to here these magic words,Price Drop:)
Posted Image

#100 clrockny24

clrockny24

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

I've been wanting the kinect; don't have the 360, so I might buy it. They have these deals alot lately, $50 GC when you buy the 4gb kinect bundle. I'm thinking it could potentially be $65, if I am able to use the coupon that they had in their holiday catalog, which is a $15 GC when you spend $150 or more.

I don't know though, there could be better deals if I wait a few weeks. I do have $115 in target gift cards I saved from my birthday.

Edited by clrockny24, 13 November 2011 - 03:17 PM.
typo

#101 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Are the HALO HERO PACKS valuable on EBAY at all? Can these mega blocks people be used with Legos?

I haven't seen the series 3 halo figs yet, but if they follow the pattern from the first 2 sets, then there will be 5 'common' figures, 2 'uncommon' figs, and 1 'rare' fig. (the 'rare' fig is usually molded in clear plastic to represent active camo) The bags have had a numbering system on the back. If you look closely, there are a series of #'s and letters stamped (like pressure stamped, not with ink) on one edge of the packet. You're interested in the number after the A (if it follows the first 2 series) they are numbered 01, 02..08, 09, 10 (they leave out a few numbers, like 5 I know is left out) anyway, you're looking for #'s 8,9 and 10. 10 is usually the active camo 'rare' fig and 8 and 9 are the uncommon figs. In the first 2 series, the active camo figs have brought ~ $10 on ebay, and the uncommon's around $5. the common figs...not so much.

#102 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Booyah. Got my free Batman Bluray by taking back my receipt from almost a month ago (Arkham City purchase)
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#103 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

So the $20 GC for purchasing 2 games, would that work on UMVC3 & Halo Anniversary or what games qualify?

neither are listed in the eligible titles(between the bold ****).Best bet is to use the b2g1 coupon from the @gamer mag welcome pack if your unlocked/received them or do the $10 credit from BB for Halo & get the extras.

#104 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

Booyah. Got my free Batman Bluray by taking back my receipt from almost a month ago (Arkham City purchase)

I probably should have done that. I just repurchased the thing. I did that mainly to extend my return time to cover the $30 BF price next week

I wonder if this will work with the Collector's Edition?

Also, the 10% off coupon.

Use the 10% coupon and Year One comes out full price.
Posted Image

#105 King Royalty

King Royalty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

Anyone knows if they are doing midnight openings for AC and Halo?

#106 The Long Haired Bard

The Long Haired Bard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

crazy if thats the real list for the trade in's. I have a bunch of garbage that is listed, I could easily get $25 lol

Same here. Can anyone confirm that? And how are they doing it also, is it a $25 gc + the normal TIV, or just a $25 gc?

And can ANY Target do trade-ins? I never even knew Target did trade-ins.

#107 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

Anyone knows if they are doing midnight openings for AC and Halo?

Looks like only Gamestop and Microsoft Stores (for Halo) are running Midnight releases.

I'm sorta tempted to pick up AC on Tuesday morning, but have never made a day 1 game purchase at TRU. Are there usually lines for big releases like this, or can you just walk in whenever they open?
Posted Image

#108 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Picked up two Mario 3d copies for about 69 after tax.

#109 clrockny24

clrockny24

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

I'd say call your local target. I just called and apparently, it's true. Trade in any 2 games from the list. It's crazy to think that something like skate it for the wii and tetris party ds are worth $25.

#110 slayerxD

slayerxD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

So for the trade-ins, is it $25 each? Or is it $25 for both. And is it a $25 giftcard + the TIV or just the $25?

#111 clrockny24

clrockny24

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

$25 gift card for sure, for 2 games. Just the $25, but that's still a great deal for games that could be worth a dollar at gamestop. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it can be any game, like two 3rd party 4-year-old ds games are worth $25 combined. wow.

#112 ralus

ralus

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

http://target.nextwo...s/sub/top_1000/

That is a direct link to the eligible games. Looking like its the top 1000 titles. A lot of obscure games towards end of list but I think with some effort you could make this deal turn into a big time thing.

#113 smilee0519

smilee0519

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

Wow people are actually thinking about getting AC on release date. Its gonna be 35 in two weeks on black friday

#114 Starky27

Starky27

RPG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

It can be YMMV, but I did it this morning on Kirby: Return to Dreamland and Super Mario 3D Land. Used my $25 of RZ credit and got them both for under $50.
Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

#115 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

Does anybody know if the Professor Genki pack is just going to come with all first run versions of the game (Like the ROck DLC will for WWE 12) I want the weapons that come with that and have it preordered at Gamestop, but I'd love to get the free guide and GC for buying it at TRU

Only for preorders with the usual suspects. If you preorder from the THQ store tonight you can get it tax free with the preorder pack and the season pass for free, and free shipping if you go with the slow USPS option.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#116 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Wow people are actually thinking about getting AC on release date. Its gonna be 35 in two weeks on black friday

Well Gamestop does have the only LE of the game so I can see getting it from there and some people may want that figure as the gift card is OK but not as big a discount as Best Buy.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#117 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:58 PM

Sorry dude but they don't take back gift card. They're just going to refund the price of the game, not the gift card. But seriously, is it worth wasting time over fiver bucks8-[

I just bought MW3 with a $20 gift card and want to return it.

If TRU will only refund $40 for MW3 to me and not let me return the $20 gift card, I will not be shopping at TRU again (another reason to not shop at TRU!). Let's see how it goes.

At the very worst, I can put that toward a $20 PSN card.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#118 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Whose sale is this? TRU?

B1g1 40% off for Xbox games is legit?

#119 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

B1g1 40% off for Xbox games is legit?

Ad says only Wii and DS games
Posted Image

#120 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

http://target.nextwo...s/sub/top_1000/

That is a direct link to the eligible games. Looking like its the top 1000 titles. A lot of obscure games towards end of list but I think with some effort you could make this deal turn into a big time thing.

Hmn... might be a good time to trade in my MvC3 Special Edition PS3... well just the game by itself. Love my steelbook. Have to find something else :bouncy:

Anybody tried anything not on that list? Just curious....

Edited by Greenboom98, 14 November 2011 - 12:05 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]