No love for AC:Revelations?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

The only thing is it MIGHT have been included with purchase of the Da Vinci DLC as I had a cosmetic armor outift I didn't have access to before when I booted up my game post Da Vinci download and I'm pretty sure it was the BB armor.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#32 becuzimbrown

becuzimbrown

Very popular in the OTT.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

Anyone watch the intro video for the multiplayer? I accidentally skipped it and cant watch it again. Care to fill me in on what happened?

#33 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

About an hour in and
Spoiler

#34 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

The graphics are holy shit amazing

#35 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

I just picked it up from gamestop and I was able to get the CE of Brotherhood for $25the at best buy. Its an assassins creed celebration, bitches!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#36 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Since there isn't an official thread for Revelations (there was another thread started, but it didn't look like anything official), I figured I would start one.

I'll update the OP later with more info, but for now, feel free to discuss the game.

#37 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Desmond is fucking ugly in this. Anyone know why they redesigned him? I think it means they may've lost the license for Francisco Randez's likeness.

#38 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Since there isn't an official thread for Revelations (there was another thread started, but it didn't look like anything official), I figured I would start one.

I'll update the OP later with more info, but for now, feel free to discuss the game.

It was earlier than this thread, so now yours is merged into the existing one.

#39 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

It was earlier than this thread, so now yours is merged into the existing one.

Okay... whatever...

#40 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

So far its been a little bit of a letdown. I really enjoyed Brotherhood though, i think it was the best in the series. But so far in Revelations im not really digging the map world.

- One thing i hated in GTA san andreas was when your hood is under attack! So how many years later and ubisoft think its a great idea to put in this game. Only its your assassins hideout place that is under attack. Then when you have to defend it you get to play play a pixel junk monsters type game. I only had to do this twice, and i lost the 2nd one. So i had to reclaim that fort, which took all of 2 minutes, but still, its annoying. I really dont want to waste my time playing these mini games. I would rather have them capture it and i can get it back playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

- Another one i hate, maybe its more my fault, but these coward templars you have to kill to get the area for yourself. Dude runs so i go to chase him and ezio decides its a good time to climb a wall instead of going through the door opening, by the time i get down from the wall he is gone and i have to retry tomorrow. -_-

Honestly i liked having assassins and recruiting them in brotherhood, but for some reason i dont really care about it this time around. Would have been cool if your recruits from brotherhood were transfered into this game. Then again that would just make it grandpa assassins running around with the time line.

EDIT:

wow not 5 minutes later another hood is under attack. So i do it, and im doing really good. They couldnt even break past my first barrier. Then in comes the ram tank, and he plows through everything and they take over. WTF? Whats annoying is im targeting ram tank and shoot the cannon and it totally misses it even though im right on it and see it glowing. Im not even going after these anymore, they can kiss my ass. Once i get them ill buy all the shops and thats all i care about. If they get them back good for them, take them!

MORE EDIT:

Seems like im always in red, so guards are always noticing me. If i spend the time to get rid of the red, it eventually comes back not long. That is kind of annoying.

I was just doing a mission, did 2/3 of it, then used that tunnel to fast travel and it resets the mission and now i have to do it over. Which was annoying in the first place, trying to kill many guards is annoying in this game. The ones with the long spears you cant counter, and they end up trying to spear you when you are in a fight with someone else. Then i through down some spikes or whatever to make them hop around for easy kills and ezio sticks to this one guy so that whole thing was a waste. One guy left i try to grab, im pressing B, B, BBBBBBBBB and he is just standing there. Oh i guess i had to press LT to re engage my fighting stance, because for whatever reason he decided he was done fighting.

Wow totally getting annoyed by this game, and i LOVED the series up until this game. So far its been nothing but disappointment and frustration.

Edited by The 7th Number, 16 November 2011 - 09:50 PM.

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#41 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

I finished (100%) both 1 & 2 this year, and have Brotherhood still to play, but I picked up the Sig edition anyway because I paid for it entirely in credit and I like the extra stuff. I plan to get to the stories over time but I jumped into the MP already because I really really like it. I was bummed when my first match (Manhunt, 4v4) was full of a bunch of idiots running around the map stabbing for 100 pts, but I got into some good deathmatch games later.
Posted Image

#42 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

I have read that your Assassin Strongholds only get attacked if you are at 100% notoriety for more than a couple of minutes. Someone said he played the whole game and only did the stronghold defense once (the first time).

#43 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

I have read that your Assassin Strongholds only get attacked if you are at 100% notoriety for more than a couple of minutes. Someone said he played the whole game and only did the stronghold defense once (the first time).

Yeah that's what Totilo said on Kotaku. One thing to remember in this game is just buying property is enough to increase the awareness meter in this game and there's no longer the wanted posters everywhere to easily decrease it. I just farm the town crier's and pay them money to keep it at a manageable level so far.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#44 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

I just passed sequence 4, i have two strongholds being invaded but im not even going to try to get them. Not until i finish the story, or run out of places to buy health, weapons, or get money from the bank which would force me to do them. I think if a stronghold is being invaded it locks stores in that area. Its a really annoying part of the game so far, i dunno who thought it would be a good idea to have it. Like i said before, it was the 1 thing i hated about GTA SA. Otherwise i think its been a decent game so far. Hopefully the story makes up for the annoyances during gameplay.

EDIT: Just did 2 of the desmond levels and it feels like a cheap portal type game. The worst thing is i dont like it at all. First it was defend your castle, now this? Wow they really went in the wrong direction. From AC to AC2 to ACBrotherhood the games just kept getting better and better and now this shit. -_-

EDIT EDIT: I had my power all red, but the square part was maybe 50% around, and templars attacked one of my dens. So i guess it doesnt have to be 100% full. I tried to defend one again and i do good till the end where that fire tank comes. It just busts through my fortified wall in seconds. The only good thing is when i lose, ive always been able to reclaim the den within a minute of failing because they put you right in front of the templar really.

Edited by The 7th Number, 17 November 2011 - 09:47 AM.

#45 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

few more notes...

- There was a random drunk guy with a red target over his head, so i killed him, nothing happened. A minute later he respawns, so i kill him again, he comes back! Kill him again, and again, he just kept coming back!

- Was playing an altair mission and saw some past memories while using eagle vision, saw the subtitles, but there were no voices to go with them. Happened to all of the visions. -_-

- Why can i gently push everyone, except those women who beg for money? Really?

- Did a mission where i had to flee, it got really annoying since the guards that were chasing me can run faster than me. Also the combat is annoying, because with the most recent fights ive had, they dodge everything. You try to counter, kick, slice, dice, they move all the damn time. Then i just say F it and try to run cos i get bored when all my attacks are doing nothing.

So far this is the worst AC game ive played. What a let down. First MW3 was crap, now this? And this was supposed to be a great time for games. Hopefully Saints Row 3 will be decent!

#46 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

few more notes...

- There was a random drunk guy with a red target over his head, so i killed him, nothing happened. A minute later he respawns, so i kill him again, he comes back! Kill him again, and again, he just kept coming back!

That's Duccio. He appears early on in Assassins Creed 2. You beat him up for cheating on Claudia. Beat him up in this game for an achievement.

- Did a mission where i had to flee, it got really annoying since the guards that were chasing me can run faster than me. Also the combat is annoying, because with the most recent fights ive had, they dodge everything. You try to counter, kick, slice, dice, they move all the damn time.

Just like in Brotherhood?

I've only done one den defence, though I don't mind them - change of pace innit. If your 'Templar Awareness' bar is full, it means ONE more incident with guards or renovation will result in a den being attacked. Bribe a herald or kill some officials if you come across them (they have a white eye symbol above them). You have to reduce the awareness completely, then the middle symbol will stop flashing red and you're free to muck around again. You can take as long as you want to reach the heralds, as long as you stay out of trouble.

I really enjoy the Templar assassins that come and stab you. It's fun to catch them in the act.

I'd just finished a trailing mission, and at the end of the roof was a 'citizen' just standing with his hands behind his back. You can tell who they are before they even make a move because they glow and the ability to send your assassins flashes up. So I pushed him off the roof. He went back to his stance so I ran past him and called one of my assassins. He chased after me, unaware that one of my guys was chasing him. Fun.

I seem to be in the minority, but I actually enjoy the Desmond levels. I found the glyph puzzles from the last two games quite atmospheric, and I find these levels even more so.

#47 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

On sequence 2 I believe and so far so good. Feels more like an expansion to Brotherhood, but that's good enough forme considering how much I love this series. Been avoiding the main quest in hopes to build up my assassin crew. In Brothwrhoodwhen you had a few badass assassins it was easy mode from there on out.

#48 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

That's Duccio. He appears early on in Assassins Creed 2. You beat him up for cheating on Claudia. Beat him up in this game for an achievement.

Just like in Brotherhood?

- ahh maybe thats why he kept coming back, i had to beat him up, not kill him.

- I really dont remember brotherhood combat being so annoying. Ive always thought AC combat was too easy, but this game they really avoid getting hit a lot, then shoot guns at you, its quite annoying sometimes.

#49 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Try going barefist against them. Disarming works every time unless it's against a 'boss' type character.

I always call my assassins for shooters. Run around a bit to dodge their shots then let one of your buddies take them from behind (.....Ahem, kill them. Kill them from behind).

Edited by Ashwood, 17 November 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#50 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

There are 2 unlockable outfits you can see in the inventory.

Spoiler

2. How do you get this, and what is it?

#51 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

Obviously Ubisoft has no love for the XB360 version, cause PS3 players get AC1 free. Moot point if you're a true AC fan and already own a copy of AC1 or played through AC1; but it happens.

The stunt they pulled with Sequence 12 and 13 on ACII still left a bitter after taste. Having it go on-sale nearly for fee later on helped; but it happened.

Barely kicked-off Brotherhood is another reality. AC Brotherhood is great, no doubt. But WAY TOO many other AAA titles flooding the market. Revelations will go on 'store backlog' until its sub-$20 price point is incentive enough me.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#52 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Any metal gear references in this game?

#53 Ashwood

Ashwood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Spoiler

The second one is
Spoiler
You get it for 100% synching sequence 8.

After you unlock that one, a third, locked skin appears in your inventory, but I don't know what it is or how you unlock it.

#54 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

The second one is

Spoiler
You get it for 100% synching sequence 8.

After you unlock that one, a third, locked skin appears in your inventory, but I don't know what it is or how you unlock it.

interesting, thanks for the info!

#55 becuzimbrown

becuzimbrown

Very popular in the OTT.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Spoiler

You get Desmond by finding 30 animus fragments and completing the 5 first person Desmond missions in the animus

#56 joseraul

joseraul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Does anyone know if the Armor of Brutus code from Walmart is only good for US accounts?

#57 Blue Lou

Blue Lou

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

I'm enjoying this game so far..

I seem to spend most of my time building up a retail empire.

#58 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:23 AM

I'm enjoying this game so far..

I seem to spend most of my time building up a retail empire.

Right there with ya man.

#59 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

I really really really dislike the "Oh, we couldn't find you a game for this mode, let's put you in a game with another mode" mechanic. I like playing Corruption so I want to specifically look for those games and I'm willing to wait to find others who are in the same boat. I don't want to be put in another game where I can't quit out till I'm actually loaded in.

Sorry for the rant but I like the multi in Revelations more than Brotherhood and that might be my only gripe about it.

#60 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

I am so into multiplayer in this game! I'm not a multi guy at all, but I tried it with Brotherhood and now I've played online much more than the single player campaign. I can see this game monopolizing my time until Mass Effect 3 comes out.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~