Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select New Releases at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#241 RedRose

RedRose

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

Everyday They change the games???? I Just buy MW3 and uncharted 3 (Ps3 both) But I will like batman and assassin creed too :(

#242 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Everyday They change the games???? I Just buy MW3 and uncharted 3 (Ps3 both) But I will like batman and assassin creed too :(

It doesn't look like they'll be adding onto this one, and the only thing I remember not being there when it first started is that Black Eyed Peas game (or was that already there?).

#243 RedRose

RedRose

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

It doesn't look like they'll be adding onto this one, and the only thing I remember not being there when it first started is that Black Eyed Peas game (or was that already there?).

Ohh so sad :(

#244 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Skyrin dropped to 54.99!! I picked up COD 3 MW3 (57.99) and Skyrim for 85.48. Added my Halo and Saints Row promos for 65.48 out the door.

#245 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

BEP has been there since day 1....

#246 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

BEP has been there since day 1....

What's with the ellipses?

I'm fairly certain it wasn't there when the deal initially launched early in the morning. That was also the case for the daily deal on Tuesday, as some things weren't up until I woke up later (Radiant Historia for instance).

#247 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

What's with the ellipses?

It wasn't there when the deal initially launched early in the morning. That was also the case for the daily deal on Tuesday, as some things weren't up until I woke up later (Radiant Historia for instance).

Sorry the ellipses bothered you

And I purchased when it stated that you could buy each at 50% off and I picked up MW3, Skyrim, Goldeneye and BEP!

#248 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

For those who ordered Skyrim. Does it still comes with the exclusive premium map, or this was only for the pre-orders???
Posted Image

#249 ninjatuned

ninjatuned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

For those who ordered Skyrim. Does it still comes with the exclusive premium map, or this was only for the pre-orders???

Got mine yesterday - map was included inside the box

edit: well looking at things further I'm not sure - it "feels like burlap" like the post says but the also say all copies will get some kind of map. It certainly wasn't "cloth" but it feels thicker and has more texture than regular glossy paper maps.

#250 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Got mine yesterday - map was included inside the box

edit: well looking at things further I'm not sure - it "feels like burlap" like the post says but the also say all copies will get some kind of map. It certainly wasn't "cloth" but it feels thicker and has more texture than regular glossy paper maps.

Could you tell if it is the regular paper map included on every game or the high quality premium map ofered as a pre-order?

Thanks.
Posted Image

#251 King of Swing

King of Swing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

I clicked in here not really looking to buy anything, but Skyrim and Batman for $62 after adding a bunch of unused promo codes seems too good to pass up.

#252 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

Could you tell if it is the regular paper map included on every game or the high quality premium map ofered as a pre-order?

Thanks.

Honestly, the premium map is nothing to get excited about. It's just thick paper that's textured to look like papyrus or something. It's cool if you just want it for your collection, but I wouldn't let it make or break a deal. If you have the game and aren't sure if you got the premium map, you can check the back of the game case. There's a box at the top that says something like "premium map included" on the ones that have it. You will be disappointed though if you are expecting a nice cloth map like most people were (myself included).

#253 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

Thanks.

It was just thick paper. My co-worker actually ripped it as he was trying to open it. He laughed at the 'high' quality.

#254 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

Thanks.

They are one and the same. The map comes inside the game as long as it says so on the top left hand corner of the back.
Posted Image

#255 ninjatuned

ninjatuned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

so it sounds like the one i got does have the premium map - i wouldn't say it's a selling point but it is nicer than a standard map for sure

#256 DeadRabbit

DeadRabbit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Ok, so obviously the moral answer as well as the ethical answer is I should mention their mistake to Amazon, but here is the deal.

I Emailed support and asked them if they could include Saints Row: The Third in the b1g1 50% off deal, because I wanted that and Skyrim. I also added that Kmart was running the same promotion with both games I wanted but I would much rather purchase from Amazon.

I don't ever complain or haggle, I'm pretty much a model customer. I also do alot of business through them.

So I get an Email back stating that while they couldn't officially offer SR: TT, they would be more than happy to refund me the 50% after I completed the order. They told me to just Email back after I placed my order with the order# and they would take care of it.

So I did exactly that, I ordered Saints Row and Skyrim for 129 and change, sent the order # reiterating that I was promised the b1g1 50% special for these 2 games.

I get an Email about an hour back stating that they are sorry they can't provide the promotion, but they were going to refund me 59.98 for my troubles.

I've already gotten the refund, and both games will be here tomorrow.

Like I said I know what the right answer is, but seriously, I told them twice what the offer was, and this was a clerical error on their part. Do I just go ahead and say "Score" or what. What would you guys do?

#257 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

seems you can only buy 1 copy of each, I tried grabbing 2 copies of skyrim for this promo (both for PS3), it was a no go...

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#258 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Ok, so obviously the moral answer as well as the ethical answer is I should mention their mistake to Amazon, but here is the deal.

I Emailed support and asked them if they could include Saints Row: The Third in the b1g1 50% off deal, because I wanted that and Skyrim. I also added that Kmart was running the same promotion with both games I wanted but I would much rather purchase from Amazon.

I don't ever complain or haggle, I'm pretty much a model customer. I also do alot of business through them.

So I get an Email back stating that while they couldn't officially offer SR: TT, they would be more than happy to refund me the 50% after I completed the order. They told me to just Email back after I placed my order with the order# and they would take care of it.

So I did exactly that, I ordered Saints Row and Skyrim for 129 and change, sent the order # reiterating that I was promised the b1g1 50% special for these 2 games.

I get an Email about an hour back stating that they are sorry they can't provide the promotion, but they were going to refund me 59.98 for my troubles.

Like I said I know what the right answer is, but seriously, I told them twice what the offer was, and this was a clerical error on their part. Do I just go ahead and say "Score" or what. What would you guys do?

Why complaint? You didn't push them or anything you just asked a simple question and they honored they own mistake.

So win, win!

#259 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

Wow. So you basically got one of those games for free? Nice.

#260 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

Tried emailing AMZ customer service to get this done as well but was shot down :cry:

#261 Gmmr04

Gmmr04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

I don't know if I should take advantage of this deal. I want to get Batman: Arkham City and Rage.

It comes out to $70.95 after a $10 promo credit.

$35 a game

Should I get it now? or try and wait to see what Amazon has? or is it too good to pass up right now?

#262 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

I don't know if I should take advantage of this deal. I want to get Batman: Arkham City and Rage.

$35 a game

Should I get it now? or try and wait to see what Amazon has? or is it too good to pass up right now?

If they match Batman's lowest price on Black Friday (under $30) you end up spending more, and I don't think Rage will retain much value for much longer (Best Buy will have it for $30 which also might get matched). I see it as one of those $15 on Gamefly sales in two or three months, but $30 is a good price for what you get too in my opinion. Basically, I'd wait, because even if they "match" with $35 prices each, you'd still be paying less in that scenario.

#263 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

$35 a game

Wait for sure. Batman and especially Rage will go down in price black Friday.

#264 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

is skyrim and batman worth $65? (i have $20 credit) or should i wait for their black friday deals?
Posted Image

#265 Gmmr04

Gmmr04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Thanks guys, I will wait.

#266 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

is skyrim and batman worth $65? (i have $20 credit) or should i wait for their black friday deals?

I'd say skyrim alone is worth $65. but with it being this close to bf, I'd just wait and see what deals they run.

#267 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Skyrim alone is worth $65 IMHO!

#268 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Worth it? YES! but will it be the best deal during BF, I think not.