CAGcast #261: CheapyD Is Your Homie

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

The dream meal discussion was hilarious! Cheapy D the homie!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Bawb

Bawb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

I agree with Shipwreck. This month is horrible for new releases! Too many good games and no more money to buy them with! My wife won't give up $60 for Skyrim. :( Plus Saints Row: The Third!

#33 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

I agree with CheapyD completely about video game reviews spoiling shit. I never read reviews anymore because of this. It's better just to play the game and experience it for yourself than to read about every detail of the game, especially if you know you're going to get it regardless of what the review says.

I wasn't planning on getting SR: The Third, but after hearing about Cheapy being in the game as an actual character, I almost feel obligated to now, haha. I'd love to see a real expansion with him in the storyline somehow.

Edited by PrarieD0G, 15 November 2011 - 05:34 PM.

#34 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

What a great show. Woke up this morning and my wife and I listened to the whole show. Thanx for all the laughs. We used to call in Shaundi as our homie, but we will def be calling in CheapyD from now on!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#35 Amnesia Bot

Amnesia Bot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I had completely forgotten to try out that Rayman Origins demo, the graphics do look really interesting. I'll have to try that out.

Now I'm going to wait for Volition to announce The Ballad of Big Gay CheapyD add-on for Saints Row: The Third.

#36 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Awesome to see the follow up on this Saints Row stuff. Glad to hear it went further than expected. Congrads.

#37 Kyrox

Kyrox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hold A to pick shit up in Skyrim. It can be a pain in the ass to flip the pot. Also how are you going to balance your time between SR3 and Skyrim. Also if you have the time, watch this awesome SR3 commercial by Tim and Eric.

#38 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

so will there be a conest to see who can kill your character in the best or coolest way ?

#39 greydt

greydt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Huh, sounds like Wombat is playing exactly the same type of Skyrim character as I am: Imperial/single weapon/Destruction & Restoration magic. Wonder if Bethesda will eventually have gameplay stats to show if there's some majority in how we're all playing. Shipwreck definitely nailed the whole "making up your own background" thing - it helps to have some self made parameters to guide the character's action rather than doing things willy-nilly (in my case, "wronged Imperial seeking vengeance by joining the rebellion".)

So, who's going to be the first one to slap homie Cheapyd around with a big purple dildo?

#40 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Joystiq has an article about Cheapy's appearance as well as a picture.
http://www.joystiq.c...ints-row-the-t/

haha awesome. I'll pick this up once the dlc comes out. Good episode guys.

#41 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

While my sister played WoW around her kids she would always use the "They're sleeping, I'm helping them sleep." card all the time. I got a riot out of it, not sure if it's great for kids though. Then again I'm 19 what do I know about parenting XP
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#42 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Good show fellas. I can't wait until SKYRIM takes over my life and forces me into marriage counseling. I'm completely kidding but needless to say, I can't wait to play the game. Besides, I was a master of one handed weaponry waaaaaaay before I ever started dating my wife ;-)

Cheapy, I have a question on COD:MW3. What do you think of the maps on the multiplayer format? Frankly, I think the maps really suck. It seems like the maps are all designed solely for close quarters battle unlike MW2 which had several open maps such as Wasteland, Derail, Afghan, etc. Also, MW3 maps have little to no change in elevation (you can go up to one story max in almost every map) unlike MW2 which had maps like Favela, Quarry, Estate, etc. where the elevation changes drastically. Basically, for a game that sold over $400M in the opening weekend, it sure seems like they cut some major corners on the multiplayer format.

Am I the only one who thinks these maps suck? I'm interested in your feedback, thanks.

#43 jeepinillini

jeepinillini

Torque Obsessed Maniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Cheapy: I live in Champaign, where Volition has its headquarters and it has been crazy down here with all the billboards and stuff. I've dealt with these guys before when they fly out and they're always really nice. One of the guys flew out a while back and I printed up a bag tag for his luggage that said "American Airlines Loves Professor Genki." Can't wait to play the game a little later today.

Wombat, you coming off the cuff and saying, "PETA can suck a dick, move on to the next game," was the funniest line I've ever heard from the CAGCast. Well played sir, well played.
Posted Image

I'm not sure how many of you were still interested after the whole MILF thing, but knowing CAG, I'm sure it's a lot of you.

#44 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

To pick shit up in Skyrim, I've held the A button down and you can then hold it and move around with it in your hands.
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#45 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

SO now you are a footnote in videogame history. You are immortal, a part of videogame lore. I'm impressed and jealous! I know this is a very cool thing for you.
Enjoy it!
Posted Image

#46 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for answering me in the show feedback section. :)

I guess I can understand that you guys aren't as high on it because you actually care more about the series(as weird as it sounds). I would have actually liked to hear the discussion had my whole comment been read, but whatever - I thought the reply was good enough. But yes, Ship did complain just a bit about AC:R coming out just a year later. ;)

Anyway, great show as usual. Also, although I am a thread late, you can add me to the Wombat fan club as well.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#47 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

hmm why is ps3 sr3 an 81 but xbox360 is 85? hmmm

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#48 Viper139

Viper139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

I was on the fence about getting saints row 3, but now I know cheapy has such a awesome roll I've gotta get it! :)
Posted Image Check out my blogs :D

#49 mclazyj

mclazyj

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Have not listened to this week's podcast, but I did want to chime in on Wombat's behalf and let him know that I have enjoyed him, Cheapy and Shipwreck. Sure, sometimes the jokes are flat, and the humor is like the tide with ups and downs, but Wombat is like Norm from Cheers - he is always there through thick and thin. Cheers to you Wombat for adding some humor both good and bad to my podcast listening.

#50 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

I was on the fence about getting saints row 3, but now I know cheapy has such a awesome roll I've gotta get it! :)

This actually has piqued my interest as well(never played the previous iterations), I may pick it up once the price drops.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#51 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

Wombat: I don't want to spoil it, but someone in Skyrim basically says what you asked for at the end of the episode. I don't want to spoil it for you, but I laughed when you brought it up.

#52 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:34 AM

SeanNOLA if you didn't want to spoil it, how come you did? Like, in the very same sentence. "I don't want to spoil it for you, but Darth is Luke's father!"

#53 dts5000

dts5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:26 AM

@CheapyD

Will your character in the game have the RoboCop gun?:)

#54 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

Will it actually be called the CheapyD Pack?

yes

That is awesome!

#55 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

So psyched about this SR3 thing. Very proud of you, Cheapy!

#56 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Holy bejesus, when was the last time all three of you were

a - playing the same game at the same time
b - enjoying the same game at the same time
c - praising the same game at the same time

Awesome show, Skyrim is on my purchase list.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#57 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The fact the DLC is actually called the CheapyD pack makes it x100 more amazing, considering the fact on how amazing it is in the first place!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#58 Liveforlaughs76

Liveforlaughs76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Great show guys, especially the skyrim discussion. Just wanted to tell Cheapy that I too am rocking the Dark Elf Mage and it totally rocks! I'm also working towards pickpocketting so I can steal enemies equipped weapons.

#59 Colgol

Colgol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

The part with CheapyD playing skyrim with Tai was fucking hilarious! :lol:

Colgol/anders
"Doh"

colgol.jpg

#60 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!