Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#511 variablesunknown

variablesunknown

Artful Dodger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Went to Poway, California store this afternoon, deal was dead. Brutus stickered copies were $59. Oh well, bestbuy here I come on black Friday.
"Brian, I am going to be honest with you...that smells like pure gasoline". Ron Burgundy's take on Sex Panther cologne

#512 tenike1

tenike1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

DEAL IS DEAD.. in virginia at least i was just at several walmarts in my area and was told by the electronics dept./zone mgr. all the stores in their districts got emails telling them to remove all the 39.96 stickers and that the upc offices would change all sku's to the 59.96 price

they had numerous copies of both sku's but were all priced at 59.

as i was leaving one of the associates was hanging a generic were sorry/ price error msg with assasins creed pic on it

Yeah. I'm sure they are soooo sorry. :roll:

:booty:

tenike1.png
tenike1.png

#513 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

I'm surprised people are still randomly getting this deal... it must have been one big of a "F" up for it to take this long to correct.

#514 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

Question for you guys who bought the PS3 version:

The free copy of Ass Creed 1, do you play it off of the disk or does it install on to the HDD and you can play it whenever? Thanks in advance.

#515 cgm92284

cgm92284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

you can install on to your ps3 then you can play whenever 7gb install though

#516 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:34 AM

not true. disk is required to play like ds: extraction
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#517 N4M3LE5S

N4M3LE5S

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:52 AM

Went to Poway, California store this afternoon, deal was dead. Brutus stickered copies were $59. Oh well, bestbuy here I come on black Friday.

sorry dood if i were able to post a few days earlier i would have stated that south bay walmart was good to go for the price. i just called before hand to confirm before i drove down there since i'm only 5 mins away.:cry:

I do have a question for all though. Now pardon me if this is a rookie question but have any of you purchased a game prior to black friday then return & repurchase on black friday later throughout the day so that you may purchase it for the sale price? I thought about this due to what i did when i bought disgaea 4. i received the bbuy coupon in the mail & went back to return/repurchase & i was simply refunded the difference, nothing more so i fgured well heck, if it's still sealed & you purchased it beforehand, why not just come back 2-3 days during black friday & do the aforementioned. After all, it is black friday & the game is sealed so i don't see why not. With this in mind, I have yet to see anything set in rules & regulations regarding this but correct me if im wrong.

#518 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

sorry dood if i were able to post a few days earlier i would have stated that south bay walmart was good to go for the price. i just called before hand to confirm before i drove down there since i'm only 5 mins away.:cry:

I do have a question for all though. Now pardon me if this is a rookie question but have any of you purchased a game prior to black friday then return & repurchase on black friday later throughout the day so that you may purchase it for the sale price? I thought about this due to what i did when i bought disgaea 4. i received the bbuy coupon in the mail & went back to return/repurchase & i was simply refunded the difference, nothing more so i fgured well heck, if it's still sealed & you purchased it beforehand, why not just come back 2-3 days during black friday & do the aforementioned. After all, it is black friday & the game is sealed so i don't see why not. With this in mind, I have yet to see anything set in rules & regulations regarding this but correct me if im wrong.

Would be YMMV.... some might view this as a price match and not allow the repurchase at the service desk and may force you to try and find another copy in the store.

It's a loop hole, but I've never tried it... you're always welcome to try at your local store though, but it will depend on the person working the counter and then the manager if goes that far.

#519 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

Wow, I don't get why this is on the front page without at least a YMMV in the title. I've been to four different Walmarts with this $40 story and they all thought I was a fucking spaceman.

I think it would be responsible not to get anyone's hopes up over an unlikely situation and waste their gas money only to be disappointed.

#520 floormat

floormat

psn id: floormat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

Looks like its dead. Tried a store last night and no copies. Went to another one today and it came up 59 musta ended. Shucks...

#521 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Wow, I don't get why this is on the front page without at least a YMMV in the title. I've been to four different Walmarts with this $40 story and they all thought I was a fucking spaceman.

I think it would be responsible not to get anyone's hopes up over an unlikely situation and waste their gas money only to be disappointed.

It's dead bro.

It was listed as YMMV on Tuesday but was widespread.

If you missed out you waited way too long. It was live for days!

#522 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

Thanks CAG, and special thanks to the OP, ! :applause: My Wal-Mart only had the "plain vanilla" versions on display in the case, but when I asked the clerk about the "Wal-Mart Exclusive" version she said she would check. Another clerk leaned over and told her, "those are the ones in the back". A minute or so later she returned with it, and $39.96 + tax later :bouncy:

#523 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Thanks CAG, and special thanks to the OP, ! :applause: My Wal-Mart only had the "plain vanilla" versions on display in the case, but when I asked the clerk about the "Wal-Mart Exclusive" version she said she would check. Another clerk leaned over and told her, "those are the ones in the back". A minute or so later she returned with it, and $39.96 + tax later :bouncy:

Was thaT today?
Posted Image

#524 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Yes, around 1pm. The Boonton, NJ store. Don't know how many more they had, if any.

#525 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

It's dead bro.

It was listed as YMMV on Tuesday but was widespread.

If you missed out you waited way too long. It was live for days!

It appears it's not dead, the guy below bought it today, if you can find the Walmart special Edition.
Posted Image

#526 joseraul

joseraul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

I was at a store in Puerto Rico earlier today and the 360 version was still marked at $39.96. (Walmart at Plaza del Sol, if anyone's interested).
There was only one PS3 copy left, but the tag had been removed, so it was probably at $60.

#527 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Thanks. If this is the case, it would be worth renting/ buying the PS3 version if you get to keep Ass Creed I. This was the case with free Medal of Honor Frontline with PS3 Medal of Honor (2010).

not true. disk is required to play like ds: extraction

Are you talking about Revelations or 1? Please confirm.

#528 Janaak

Janaak

Console Rpair Needed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

Well guys they might be cracking down since I got one priced check for 59.96 here in milpitas, ca.
Posted Image

#529 Irrat8ed

Irrat8ed

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:23 AM

Why is this already $40?

#530 The Truth

The Truth

I miss SOCOM. DBU!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

Greenville, PA and Grove City, PA are at $59.99 and was told they were never any different. Will be checking stores in Ohio and West Virginia tonight and will report.
"I'm hot boy, I'm burnin' up. I do my thang in the club with da burner tuck'd."

#531 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:11 AM

Thanks. If this is the case, it would be worth renting/ buying the PS3 version if you get to keep Ass Creed I. This was the case with free Medal of Honor Frontline with PS3 Medal of Honor (2010).

Seriously?! You obviously need the disc to play Revelations; so what do you think he's referring to

#532 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:11 AM

Is it too late to check? I'm in NJ, and I just didn't have time to pick it up last week. You think if I called they would tell me honestly?

#533 Kidd.o

Kidd.o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:22 AM

You need the Revelations disc to play Assassin's Creed 1 from the harddrive.

#534 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

even though I got in on this, I want to know if anyone that got it for this price has gone back to the store and seen the price "fixed" or whatever at $59.9x ? If so then it might have been an unintentional sale/glitch

#535 Self_Possessed

Self_Possessed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

I was at a store in Puerto Rico earlier today and the 360 version was still marked at $39.96. (Walmart at Plaza del Sol, if anyone's interested).
There was only one PS3 copy left, but the tag had been removed, so it was probably at $60.

When was that?!?!?!?!?!?!? :hot:

#536 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

You need the Revelations disc to play Assassin's Creed 1 from the harddrive.

I'm not sure what that guy is talking about, but you also need the MoH disc to play Frontline.

#537 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

I'm not sure what that guy is talking about, but you also need the MoH disc to play Frontline.

There was a patch at one point. I forget if it made it do you had to use the disc or if it made it so you didn't have to use the disc for MoH Frontline.