Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#91 adamical

adamical

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

Finally have to admit that Wal-Mart opening a store 5 minutes from where I work can be beneficial.

Both the 360 and the PS3 versions were shelf-tagged at 39.96, but when she rang up the PS3 version, it was 59.96. I pointed out the tag and she agreed to price match it; the problem was they didn't have any of the "Only at Walmart" versions in the case, and the SKU was off by 1. Still got the game Day 1 for $20 off, though; I would've waited for a price drop but I really wanted the original game included. That's an amazing "preorder bonus" right there.

I might take it back later and try and exchange for the preorder bonus, or I might try and price match at Best Buy.

#92 yuanhongsung

yuanhongsung

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Saddle Brook NJ, for 40. price sticker shows 40 but rang up 60 so they need to do price change, but it works at the end. didnt get the walmart only armor though...

#93 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

I can wait for a $20 deal in 2 months or a gamefly $12 deal in 5 months.

I need a new signature.

#94 yuanhongsung

yuanhongsung

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Finally have to admit that Wal-Mart opening a store 5 minutes from where I work can be beneficial.

Both the 360 and the PS3 versions were shelf-tagged at 39.96, but when she rang up the PS3 version, it was 59.96. I pointed out the tag and she agreed to price match it; the problem was they didn't have any of the "Only at Walmart" versions in the case, and the SKU was off by 1. Still got the game Day 1 for $20 off, though; I would've waited for a price drop but I really wanted the original game included. That's an amazing "preorder bonus" right there.

I might take it back later and try and exchange for the preorder bonus, or I might try and price match at Best Buy.

it seem only xbox have the armor sticker. didnt see any ps3 version with the armor sticker for me too

#95 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

This is true! I try to abide by the following rule:

Never buy a game for more than $20 unless you plan to play it IMMEDIATELY.

#96 Edeuinu

Edeuinu

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Got the PS3 version for $40 this morning too.
Posted Image

#97 rennoc3258

rennoc3258

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

they fixed the ps3 one all ready in the computer to 59.96 but i got them to pm it from the tag on the tag on the shelf reading 39.96 get yours fast before they catch it

#98 rennoc3258

rennoc3258

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

ac1 was included too lol awesome

#99 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

This. Plus Ubisoft games drop faster than Wall Street on a bad day. Besides, I still have to finish AC2 (2 hours in) and start Brotherhood

I need a new signature.

#100 UJam

UJam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

No kidding. Was really debating on picking this up considering my current backlog and BF, then I remembered I had a giftcard, so it was a no brainer. Bought at at the Baldwin Park, CA location, tagged for the low price and no issues.

#101 daemissary

daemissary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Confirmed to work in Vancouver WA. Thanks OP, I definitely didn't want to wait til Black Friday to pick this up

#102 Se7en69

Se7en69

Revolutionary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

I just went and it rang up regular price. It had the sticker in front, but not the Walmart exclusive sticker. The guy was just putting them in the display cases. I couldn't see if there were other versions at this store. Hialeah, FL. Just my luck.

#103 MacaqueOwnzU

MacaqueOwnzU

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

To the people saying not to pick it up you are forgetting Wal-Mart will price adjust any items until mid Jan.

#104 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

lol im with you guys. i was all jazzed up to get it for 40, but black friday bestbuy has it for 35, and a pricematch doesn't seem like it's going down today, and i only want to spend my credit @ amazon/bestbuy.

and yeah ubisoft...
and huge backlog of AAA games...
and gamefly sales....
and i havnt finished ac2 or started brotherhood.../backlog!

yeah i guess i can wait ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#105 sluggo

sluggo

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

No luck in the Coaltownship PA Walmart. They don't have it on the shelf and the worker looked through most of the boxes and couldn't find it! I guess I'll try out the one in Bloomsburgh.

#106 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

No luck in the Coaltownship PA Walmart. They don't have it on the shelf and the worker looked through most of the boxes and couldn't find it! I guess I'll try out the one in Bloomsburgh.

I demand the 7:36 of my life that I just wasted back! Awful video!

#107 Claus DuBois

Claus DuBois

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Denver, CO / 9:13 am MT / Nov 15, 2011 Confirmed - Just picked up AC Revelations for $39.96. Walmart hadn't even put them on the shelf yet, but the clerk was kind enough to open up the shipping boxes and voila! She said she assumed it was probably $59.96, but when she scanned it right out of the shipping box, it was $39.96 with no hook blades or hassle involved. Giddy up before Wally realizes it just sold all its Revelations inventory at its Brotherhood price!

#108 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Really? 2 months? I'll send you $25 right now if you send me acr in 2 months.

#109 monkeyz

monkeyz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thanks OP. I managed to snag one for $39.96 for XBOX 360. Both PS3 and XBOX 360 were tagged for $39.96 and rang up no problem and this was for the "Walmart Only" version. Also this was still working as of 11:25am EST.

#110 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Does the Walmart in-store come with the Pre-Order Bonus???

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#111 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

Are you really that desperate for youtube hits that you feel the need to spam every, single post you make with them?

#112 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Just snagged a copy here for $40. Was priced at $59.99 but rang up at $39.99. Wasnt planning on getting this today but for $40 its hard to say no. Thanks OP

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#113 Pheee

Pheee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Denver, CO / 9:13 am MT / Nov 15, 2011 Confirmed - Just picked up AC Revelations for $39.96. Walmart hadn't even put them on the shelf yet, but the clerk was kind enough to open up the shipping boxes and voila! She said she assumed it was probably $59.96, but when she scanned it right out of the shipping box, it was $39.96 with no hook blades or hassle involved. Giddy up before Wally realizes it just sold all its Revelations inventory at its Brotherhood price!

Which walmart was that? So tempted to get this, but like others, still have AC2 and Brotherhood to complete lol.

#114 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Here is the Walmart bonus

The Armor of Brutus was a virtually unbreakable set of armor, once in the possession of the Assassin Marcus Junius Brutus. It was the strongest armor of the Rennaissance era and was found alongside the Dagger of Brutus.
The armor was stolen and treasured by the Followers of Romulus, who sealed it within a gate locked by six keys. After he had obtained these keys, the armor came into the possession of another Assassin, Ezio Auditore.

Here are the statistics for it:

Armor Piece Health Resistance
Pauldrons of Brutus 4 8 (Unbreakable)
Chest Guard of Brutus 6 8 (Unbreakable)
Vambraces of Brutus 2 8 (Unbreakable)
Greaves of Brutus 3 8 (Unbreakable)

#115 hatback

hatback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

I was successful in getting Best Buy to price match.

I had already bought the 360 version from Walmart for 39.96. I went to the customer service desk at BBY to pick up my pre-order for the 360 version that I had placed there. I showed my Walmart purchase receipt (no game title on receipt, just the UPC number) and a picture print-out of the 39.96 price sticker. The rep there called the Walmart to confirm the 39.96 price and in-stock availability, and then granted the price match. I then returned the copy that I had bought from Walmart back to Walmart.

For those of you wanting to try a price match at Best Buy, and you don't have a purchase receipt or price sticker picture like I did, you may still have a decent shot. Tell the rep at the BBY customer service desk that Walmart doesn't have a weekly ad this week, but you saw AC:R at Walmart for $39.96 and they can call the store to verify. This should have a good shot at working, I'd think. And if you get unlucky with a uninformed Walmart rep on the phone that quotes a $59.96 price, I suppose you can ask the BBY rep to either tell the Walmart rep to scan the price or try calling a different Walmart store.

And as always, be calm and polite about it and don't pitch a fit. If you get denied, just say "thanks, it's okay", walk away, and try at a different store. Best of luck.

#116 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

lol im with you guys. i was all jazzed up to get it for 40, but black friday bestbuy has it for 35, and a pricematch doesn't seem like it's going down today, and i only want to spend my credit @ amazon/bestbuy.

and yeah ubisoft...
and huge backlog of AAA games...
and gamefly sales....
and i havnt finished ac2 or started brotherhood.../backlog!

yeah i guess i can wait ;)

You dont think a best buy price match is possible? Well I'll take that challenge at lunch today.

#117 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Got one at Walmart thanks.

#118 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

This is a good deal but if you use a 10% off coupon at best buy and do the 5/$100 the game comes out to $33 and you can still do any PM's if the game drops.

#119 Siterath

Siterath

Frugality 101

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

Confirmed for Reading PA

My local Walmart claimed not to have any, so I had to travel to the Reading Supercenter. Was not on shelf, but behind register. When I asked for a price check, employee stated it was 59.99, but after scanning it, it rang up (much to her surprise) for the $40.

Thanks for the heads up!

#120 DocProphecy

DocProphecy

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Managed to get my copy at walmart for $39.96 despite being advertised for $20 more. I bought Brotherhod for the same price last year but it took about a month for it to drop in price. Would be nice if more AAA titles had this kind of release day price(even if it's due to pricing errors).

Thanks OP.