Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#121 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Just left Wal-Mart on Independence in Springfield, MO. Had the clerk get it out of the case. She rang it up and Immediatly hit a button to override it. It required a Manager Override. I saw the $39.96 flash on the screen before she hit the button. She walked away and came back, redid the transaction and let me buy it for $43 w/tax. I asked her what was going on. She said they were suppose to be putting new barcodes on them and it was a price mistake, she said she was suppose to override it to $59.96. As I was walking out there was a guy pulling all of the copies out of the case.

I was not going to buy this but for $40 w/the first one included I had to. I have 2 & Brotherhood so this gives me all 4 to play. Thanks OP.

#122 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

Here is the Walmart bonus

The Armor of Brutus was a virtually unbreakable set of armor, once in the possession of the Assassin Marcus Junius Brutus. It was the strongest armor of the Rennaissance era and was found alongside the Dagger of Brutus.
The armor was stolen and treasured by the Followers of Romulus, who sealed it within a gate locked by six keys. After he had obtained these keys, the armor came into the possession of another Assassin, Ezio Auditore.

Here are the statistics for it:

Armor Piece Health Resistance
Pauldrons of Brutus 4 8 (Unbreakable)
Chest Guard of Brutus 6 8 (Unbreakable)
Vambraces of Brutus 2 8 (Unbreakable)
Greaves of Brutus 3 8 (Unbreakable)

Did you in-store copy have the Walmart pre order bonus?

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#123 JD*

JD*

Massacre Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

picked up one today for 39.96 as well in Ogdensburg, New York.. all this town have is Wal-Mart heh

only 360 verison have that bonus.. I think.. PS3 comes with Assassin's Creed 1

MeMyselfAndJD.pngtumblr_mco65un4lN1rk3gouo1_250.gif

#124 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

This is a good deal but if you use a 10% off coupon at best buy and do the 5/$100 the game comes out to $33 and you can still do any PM's if the game drops.

You won't get the 10% off coupon. If you're doing the 5/100, I would buy and then just PM by bringing the WM receipt up there along with the game so you can say "I guess I'll go with WalMart since they're cheaper" if they deny you.

#125 chuckwagon

chuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

Confirmed, Xbox 360 version. Paducah, Ky.

#126 jaimefbh

jaimefbh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Confirmed this is live in Amarillo, TX too.

Took a picture of the price tag and the game and took to my Best Buy. They called Walmart to confirm the price and that they had in stock and price matched no problem. Best for me since i had gift cards from trade ins.

Thanks OP!:applause:

#127 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:

Spoiler

Pic/Receipt:
Spoiler

Receipt:
Spoiler

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

LMFAO! You're like a drill sergeant or something!:lol: This ^ should be stickied and made a standard of how to post this type of YMMV deal!:applause:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#128 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Denied at BB even with a phone picture of the walmart tagged version. Can't believe I was denied a hard sale drop with picture proof.

#129 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

You won't get the 10% off coupon. If you're doing the 5/100, I would buy and then just PM by bringing the WM receipt up there along with the game so you can say "I guess I'll go with WalMart since they're cheaper" if they deny you.

I already used the 10% coupon for three games and they all show up in my best buy game tracker as confirmed for the 5/100.

Many people have used the 10% AND have had the game show up in the tracker as eligible for the 5/100.

#130 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Confirmed in Greensboro, NC.

#131 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Confirmed for me in Austin, TX at the store in South Austin off of 71. I hope to get BB to price adjust the one I had preordered for the $20 rewardzone credit. Fingers crossed.

The one by Mopac or I-35?

#132 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

Just called and confirmed the price of $39.96 in Pasco, WA. I'm going to call BB and see if they'll price match for me before I drive over there.

#133 slv-chris

slv-chris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Confirmed in North Metro Atlanta.

#134 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Just called and confirmed the price of $39.96 in Pasco, WA. I'm going to call BB and see if they'll price match for me before I drive over there.

Sup man.

You live in Pasco? Good deal. I live in Kennewick. Thanks for the pricing confirmation.

#135 fireseal859

fireseal859

Single Dad. Gamer.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

In AZ the price is $39.96 at my local Walmart. Having my friend pick up a copy before they realize the error in there ways.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

card.png

#136 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

Sup man.

You live in Pasco? Good deal. I live in Kennewick. Thanks for the pricing confirmation.

I knew there had more be more Tri-Cities folk around here!

#137 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

This is a good deal but if you use a 10% off coupon at best buy and do the 5/$100 the game comes out to $33 and you can still do any PM's if the game drops.

Or you can just PM now.... Why would you wait?

#138 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Just got my price adjustment at BB
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#139 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Or you can just PM now.... Why would you wait?

Because PM's have been getting denied according to ths thread and the best buy 5/100 thread.

#140 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

The Armor of Brutus was a virtually unbreakable set of armor, once in the possession of the Assassin Marcus Junius Brutus. It was the strongest armor of the Rennaissance era and was found alongside the Dagger of Brutus.
The armor was stolen and treasured by the Followers of Romulus, who sealed it within a gate locked by six keys. After he had obtained these keys, the armor came into the possession of another Assassin, Ezio Auditore.

FYI this is the same armor you got in Brotherhood once you beat all of the Romulus dens. I'm sure it looks the same as well.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#141 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Confirmed in Los Angeles, CA.

Got the PS3 version for $39.99 with both the Brutus Armor and Assassin's Creed 1.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#142 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Glad a lot of you guys and gals were able to get in on this. Seems like it was definitely some kind of glitch/error, but it seems like it's been going strong for a good 12 hours or so!

#143 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Looks like it might be dying off as I just called a Walmart who checked/verified price at 59.96. Note a different Walmart in my area had it earlier at 39.96.

#144 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Crap, I won't make it. Not off work for 6 more hours

#145 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Did you in-store copy have the Walmart pre order bonus?

Yes. It will have a tag on the actual artwork next to ezio head that says only at Walmart.

#146 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Looks like it might be dying off as I just called a Walmart who checked/verified price at 59.96. Note a different Walmart in my area had it earlier at 39.96.

Never call it alerts them to the error.
Posted Image

#147 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

Never call it alerts them to the error.

Can't believe people have to be told. Even if you're coy about the question, if enough people call it sets off red flags.

#148 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Never played any of the others in this series. Is it metal gear solid- like stealth?

#149 poopmastr7

poopmastr7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Just went to WalMart in Springfield, PA and got it for xbox for $40. They had brotherhood on its shelf space though so they grabbed one from behind the counter and it rung up as $40.

I was looking forward to the Gamestop exclusives but just can't beat that deal. I feel kinda bad...I had 5$ on GOW3 but got it from amazon for the better deal, put that 5$ towards AC:R then ended up getting this at Walmart lol. Now I have 25$ or so in credit...guess I can finally get Mario 3DS!

At this rate I will probably never set foot in Gamestop ever again. Any idea if they were price matching this?

#150 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Those appear to be the stats and info for the brotherhood armor. Can anyone confirm that its an armor set and not just a skin with no effects?