Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#241 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

I kind of want to take advantage of this, but with II and Brotherhood on my shelf waiting for me to play them,... by the time I get to them, it'll be $30 or less (this release, that is).

Thanks for the information, though, guys!
Posted Image

#242 debbter

debbter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

sir fragalot , return your copy and buy another one while price matching the toysrus 15 dollar gift card deal!!! if ya can....

#243 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

definite ymmv. You'd have a better shot if the ad didn't say 59.99 right under it.

#244 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

saw this in my store. Not interested in this game, but figured I would check. I wish more games were this price at launch...

#245 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

Walmarts not even supposed to match gift card deals afaik

#246 debbter

debbter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

:http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.302657639752245.80776.100000240344795&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=302657643085578&set=a.302657639752245.80776.100000240344795&type=3&theaterhttp://www.facebook....&type=3

#247 debbter

debbter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

well the walmart lady was kinda stupid, so..yeah , find a stupid person lol

#248 debbter

debbter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

oh yeah and the manage is dumb too if you think about it for allowing that lol

#249 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

they were nice enough to match for ya and u call them stupid. =/

#250 debbter

debbter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

i just dont like walmart...have had bad run-ins with them

#251 ColinKSU

ColinKSU

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Just picked up my copy for X360 at the Austintown, Ohio Walmart. It said $39.99 right on the shelf.
Posted Image

#252 MisterInfinity

MisterInfinity

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

Got the PS3 version for 39.96 this afternoon, thanks OP

#253 Tgebbs

Tgebbs

Black Label

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

wait, so they had swtfu:use too? fml

#254 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

I wish there was a way to price match this at Best Buy, I've got $40 in rewards certificates there.

#255 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

So the guy at a Walmart in Des Moines, IA grabs me a copy out of the endcap (where the sticker read $59.96). Then I see a copy in the case itself with the $39.96 sticker. I say, "I think I want this one instead." He guns the one I have in my hand and it rings up $39.96.

Walmart guy says, "Sh*t, I paid $60 for this at Gamestop just this morning."

I told the guy he should really visit CheapAssGamer sometime.

Don't know why he wouldn't get it at his job to begin with. Don't Wal-Mart employees get a discount?

I kind of want to take advantage of this, but with II and Brotherhood on my shelf waiting for me to play them,... by the time I get to them, it'll be $30 or less (this release, that is).

I finished II but not Brotherhood. Got bored about halfway through and moved on to something else. I'm sure I'll get Revelations at some point so I'll have them all but I can wait until it's $30 or less.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#256 zanticon

zanticon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

BBY (orange, ca) called local WMs asking for price check on the title. i insisted he tell them to search by the sku# but did not listen and WM emp said $59. went to WM (santa ana)...$39. i think the BBY emp was trying to be slick but i'll make sure i go back and show him the receipt and make them PM+10% off w/ mobile coupon.

#257 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

Don't know why he wouldn't get it at his job to begin with. Don't Wal-Mart employees get a discount?

Because they may get 10% off which is $6.

For an extra $6 at GS you got an mp skin, 3 extended ammo and a bunch of other atuff.

#258 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

I own all the AC games now, haven't even played a single one yet :lol:.

I bought this one because it came with the original for PS3 (which I never played) so essentially it was $40 for two games.

Also I wish Sony told you how much you were going to install before you install games. The original Assassin's Creed took up 8 gigs and there was no warning that I would be installing that much (nor on the box of AC Revelations). Thank god I still had enough left over to install it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#259 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

BBY (orange, ca) called local WMs asking for price check on the title. i insisted he tell them to search by the sku# but did not listen and WM emp said $59. went to WM (santa ana)...$39. i think the BBY emp was trying to be slick but i'll make sure i go back and show him the receipt and make them PM+10% off w/ mobile coupon.

It'll be a different UPC though, so they probably won't honor it.

And I guess I'm gonna go out on an adventure and attempt this now out of boredom.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#260 zanticon

zanticon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

my bad--i typed sku but meant UPC (but yall knew what i meant). going to BBY w/o a receipt/picture proof, i was hoping he would just give them the UPC and the WM emp would reply with $39.

#261 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Its funny how I don't even want this game but am considering getting it due to a price error, lol. I hated the first AC and vowed I would never play one again. Seriously though, if you guys just wait a week and a half it will be $34.99 everywhere on BF.

#262 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Its funny how I don't even want this game but am considering getting it due to a price error, lol. I hated the first AC and vowed I would never play one again. Seriously though, if you guys just wait a week and a half it will be $34.99 everywhere on BF.

I would rather pay $5 extra then go out on Black Friday. Trust me, the $5 is worth my sanity, I did Black Friday the past 2 years and I vow to not do it again if possible.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#263 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

You also probably won't get the dlc which sells for $10+ on eBay. Making it a better deal than BF WITHOUT having to deal with BF crowds.

#264 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

I hated the first AC and vowed I would never play one again.

I think you should reconsider, the first game pales in comparrison to the sequels.

#265 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

You also probably won't get the dlc which sells for $10+ on eBay. Making it a better deal than BF WITHOUT having to deal with BF crowds.

Is the DLC that comes with this game of any significance? Or is it some silly outfit or avatar item? As for crowds Amazon is going to be price matching most Black Friday deals, so its no big deal.

Walmart and Best Buy are really the only places where people act crazy. I got everything I wanted at Target last year, and I actually went to Best Buy too and got some good stuff after the lines had died down. Black Friday shopping doesn't have to result in getting injured/groped if you know how to do it right.

#266 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

I think you should reconsider, the first game pales in comparrison to the sequels.

That's what I've heard, but the first game made me so furious that I literally wanted my time back, and I only paid $8 for it. The whole time you did the same crap over and over again! Climb towers, save citizens, sword fight some "boss" and his goons who take turns attacking you slowly :roll:. Someday I'll play the rest but the bad taste is still in my mouth from the first game.

#267 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Still live for me. Just bought it, cashier said he picked it up at GS this morning. The.look on his face at the Total was funny, but no fight or comment from him

#268 underkover19

underkover19

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

On BF the TIV will drop at BBY as it is a game that they are putting on sale. If you can get it and beat it by then then it is a free rental with the dlc bonus.

If you are planning on keeping it then just eBay the crusader code for $10 and you get the same BF price.

It's actually going for a bit more by the looks of it. If anybody is willing to sell a 360 code for $10 to a CAGer feel free to PM me.

Edit: Sorry to the people who have been PMing me, I've been looking for the Bestbuy *crusader* DLC code and not the walmart one. Apologies!

Edited by underkover19, 16 November 2011 - 03:49 AM.

#269 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Sorry to say but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are pretty much the same game (maybe addition of the brotherhood), so if you don't want repeating things.....yeah, the series is not for your. I loved the 2nd, but as soon as I bought the third I played it for an hour, said....oh same thing, and returned it the same day. Series has gotten way too stale.

#270 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Still working, just got home with my copy, bought around 6pm here. I had the guy scan one in the glass case without even looking at it and it scanned $60 but then I saw it wasn't the WM exclusive. Went up to the front new release endcap and they had two copies of WM version in their own cases. Scanned on the next craft aisle, $39.96. That's a bingo!