- - - - -

Dragon's Crown for Vita (39.99) and PS3 (49.99) - August 6, 2013

Dragon Vanillaware Action RPG Vita ARPG Hand drawn graphics 2D action

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Don't watch if you want to be completely spoiler free (contains a boss type character).  The last few minutes are nuts.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PGu2_7YueF8

#32 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

Hadn't really thought much about this game until recently. Watched some gameplay vids and it looks pretty fun, just pre-ordered it for the Vita. Better late than never I suppose.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#33 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

TOMORROW.

#34 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

In case anyone's keeping score, seems Best Buy (at least as of today) is not carrying this in store.  Online only.  

#35 Max Spider X

Max Spider X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

Dang!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:49 AM

I see that. There is however ship to store options, for some stores, so you can probably have CS do it for you and still use the coupon as you originally intended.

The downside is the wait time.

xivpads.png

#37 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

New Patch Will Allow PS3 and PS Vita Cross Platform Multiplayer

One of the few flaws of Vanillaware’s Dragon’s Crown is that it didn’t allow cross platform gameplay between players using the PS3 and PS Vita version. Luckily, that’s going to change with the patch released today in Japan, and that will probably follow soon on the North American version. At long last we’ll be able to play with our friends regardless of the platform they’re using.

Here are the full patch notes.

Improved stability under certain circumstances.
Cross-play is now possible for co-op gameplay, matching players with the PS3 and PS vita versions.
It’s now possible to set a on/off toggle to protect items so that they’re not accidentally sold or discarded.
In the “Game Setting 2″ screen is now possible to toggle NPC joining on and off.
The behavior and effects of the skills of each class has been adjusted.
Conditions for matching in the Labyrinth of Chaos has been relaxed. Now it’s possible to join regardless of the number of rounds.
Other tweaks have been implemented in order to improve the system across the board and comfort of operation.

#38 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

New Patch Will Allow PS3 and PS Vita Cross Platform Multiplayer

One of the few flaws of Vanillaware’s Dragon’s Crown is that it didn’t allow cross platform gameplay between players using the PS3 and PS Vita version. Luckily, that’s going to change with the patch released today in Japan, and that will probably follow soon on the North American version. At long last we’ll be able to play with our friends regardless of the platform they’re using.

Here are the full patch notes.

Improved stability under certain circumstances.
Cross-play is now possible for co-op gameplay, matching players with the PS3 and PS vita versions.
It’s now possible to set a on/off toggle to protect items so that they’re not accidentally sold or discarded.
In the “Game Setting 2″ screen is now possible to toggle NPC joining on and off.
The behavior and effects of the skills of each class has been adjusted.
Conditions for matching in the Labyrinth of Chaos has been relaxed. Now it’s possible to join regardless of the number of rounds.
Other tweaks have been implemented in order to improve the system across the board and comfort of operation.

Well that's some splendid ass news.  Also, item protection toggle!  Looks like I'll be jumping back in to try and get up to the labyrinth.

#39 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

hoping for a sale on the Vita version soon. $30-40 is still too much for me when so many good games can be had for $20 or less.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#40 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

hoping for a sale on the Vita version soon. $30-40 is still too much for me when so many good games can be had for $20 or less.

Watch on AWD, can find it now for 20ish on there.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#41 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Just picked this up during the sale. Anyone looknig to group up and play?

#42 kilik64

kilik64

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Just picked this up during the sale. Anyone looknig to group up and play?

add me kilik123

Still havent really played this too much. 

Oh and in case you didnt already know, you have to play for 3-5 hours before you unlock online play.

#43 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

You can add me too, MildObstruction.  Just threw it back in the ol vita tonight.  I'll have to relearn what I'm doing but shouldn't take long.

#44 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

cool, sent you two friend requests. I'm hone02 on psn. When do you guys usually play?

#45 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

The crossplay patch is live for NA now. Just finished downloading it from the PS3 ver.

#46 hone

hone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Yeah, just updated mine as well and unlocked Hard Mode today. :)

#47 kilik64

kilik64

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

man I need to play this more, forgot about it. Been playing origins and just got some sonic racing game.

Will put it back in the vita so ill play it since im pretty lazy about switching games out. 

#48 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Started up my second character last night trying to plow through the intro levels to get in to online play.  Man, it drags the second time around.  It really is amazing how different the characters play though - I went from a tankish dwarf to a squishy early level wizard so I guess it should feel different, but still.  

It's a good game.  I think I might be ready to be done with it, but at the very least I'm going to grind levels to get my dwarf to the end game - I'd like to see it.  29 levels until 99 feels like it's going to take a while...

#49 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

"Dragon’s Crown Gets New Patch, “Ultimate” Difficulty, Raises Cap to Level 255, Opens New Dungeon"

Atlus just released a new patch of the PS3/PS Vita side scrolling JRPG Dragon’s Crown, bringing quite a few interesting new elements to the game. Here are the full patch notes:

[Bug Fix]
Improved operational stability under certain circumstances.

[Added Features]
If you clear the ninth level of the Labyrinth of Chaos you can now select the “ultimate”  level of difficulty at the temple.
When you’re playing on “ultimate” you can access the new automatically generated dungeon “Sky Road of Dreams.”
On “ultimate” difficulty the level cap has been raised from level 99 to level 255.
Both the up arrows and the L button can now be individually used as item shortcuts.
Damage can now be displayed as a total number.
Silhouettes can now be displayed on the foreground to improve visibility.
On a save game with a cleared game it’s possible to skip the initial phase of the story with new characters and start with the search for the talismans.
It’s possible to skip quests that have already been completed once.

[Operational Improvements]
Adjusted skill effects and actions for each class.
Adjusted behavior of NPCs.
Adjusted effects and rules of equipment and items in the Arena.
Made all round improvements to the system in order to enhance operability and ease of use.
That’s definitely a big patch, and those that loved the game like me will now have two and a half as many levels worth of progression. We’ll have to see just how nightmarish the new level of difficulty will be.

It’s worth mentioning that for the moment the patch has been released only in Japan, but Atlus USA is normally quite quick at localizing them.

#50 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

In case anyone missed it (though it is mentioned in Frisky's PSN sale threads), Dragon's Crown (digital version) is on sale for 17.49 (same price for Vita and PS3, but not cross-buy), through Monday 3/3/14. Since I really love the game and want to support the devs, I double-dipped and bought both versions (already had the retail ones). Really love having it on the Vita digitally, can play anytime without changing the cart!

#51 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Plan on picking this up on the vita this afternoon. If any wants to play just add my PSN name.

QuantamPulse
Posted Image