Gears of War 3 + 800 MSP $34.99 w/Free Shipping - Best Buy Deal of the Day

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#121 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

ordered one. gonna trade my copy to BB (hopefully tiv holds till Friday) when I pickup AC:R.

#122 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

Nice, bought this last week for $40 from BBY (Sears PM), but haven't opened it yet. Put in an order online for this one with an in-store pick-up. Just go in tomorrow and return the $40 one and pick up the new one. Save $5 and got 800 Microsoft Points for my trouble. Awesome.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#123 jimivegas

jimivegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

has anyone noticed that it says the points will be sent to you via email? add it to your cart with the game and that option clearly appears. Also as someone mentioned earlier, you can pick up the game in store rather than having them ship it to you.

#124 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

Given that to get the game for $35 you have to get BB to PM their own website and how bad their customer service is in-store I'd rather wait a week than having to go to their store.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#125 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

Given that to get the game for $35 you have to get BB to PM their own website and how bad their customer service is in-store I'd rather wait a week than having to go to their store.

Or you could just do in-store pick up (or free shipping) on the game, get the points in your email within 15 minutes and then go to the store and pick up the game when ready.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#126 pieczonka

pieczonka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:25 AM

amazon has priced match the game for $35 no 800 point though

#127 chronojin

chronojin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

Picked up two copies of GoW earlier from BB. Damn what a hassle....Had to printout the deal from the Best Buy website and give it to the cashier. Then she got a manager. The manager went to look it up and says "We don't have any of those 800 point cards in stock". :wall: Well duh...

I basically had to instruct them on how to ring up the game and points together. Great deal in the end but damn....

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 ZenDawg

ZenDawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

Got 2 with in store pick up, thanks op!!

800 MS point codes were already emailed too...but a quick question?

I haven't picked the games up yet but got the email they are ready...what if I wanted to return/cancel my order but already used the points?

One is for me and one for my brother in law, so that question doesn't apply, but just curious.

#129 Tkfourtwoone

Tkfourtwoone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

Grabbed one thanks!!!

#130 hootie

hootie

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Just picked this up. Couldn't resist. Thanks for the heads up!

#131 cag1125

cag1125

Jack of Most Trades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

Got 2 with in store pick up, thanks op!!

800 MS point codes were already emailed too...but a quick question?

I haven't picked the games up yet but got the email they are ready...what if I wanted to return/cancel my order but already used the points?

One is for me and one for my brother in law, so that question doesn't apply, but just curious.

They'd probably deduct the price of the points (800 MS Points = $10) from your order total.
Richest is the man whose pleasures are the cheapest - paraphrased from one of Henry David Thoreau's quotes

#132 ZenDawg

ZenDawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

They'd probably deduct the price of the points (800 MS Points = $10) from your order total.

So far that doesn't show on the invoice as a charge, just $0.00 for the 800 points

#133 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

"I haven't picked the games up yet but got the email they are ready...what if I wanted to return/cancel my order but already used the points?

One is for me and one for my brother in law, so that question doesn't apply, but just curious."

I think they thought of that, because the points will show up as $10 a la carte in the BB.com cart.

Returning to B&M w/o a receipt would work. It's Worst Buy we're talking about, just don't ever do this to Kmart.

#134 cag1125

cag1125

Jack of Most Trades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

Here you go: http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050027

Check out the "Promotional Items and Bundles" section:
"When a promotional item is returned, the value of the promotional item is deducted from the refund amount. For instance, if you purchase a TV and get a $100 gift card or 50% off of a DVD player, the $100 value of the gift card or the total value of the DVD player would be subtracted from the refund."
Richest is the man whose pleasures are the cheapest - paraphrased from one of Henry David Thoreau's quotes

#135 cag1125

cag1125

Jack of Most Trades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

Also, I don't think Best Buy allows returns without receipts anymore, even if it's during the holiday season and you telling them that it's a gift. I you ever manage to, consider yourself very lucky.

#136 PastaGabe

PastaGabe

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

There is no chance Amazon would match the deal, I should just jump on this right? Grrr, I was hoping to get my coupon from Halo Anniversary first. Darn you imperfect BB coupon distribution system!

#137 cag1125

cag1125

Jack of Most Trades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

This is a great deal. I just told someone to bite on the $34.99 Amazon price tag. Then I saw this. Emailed them right away. Hopefully, they find this and be able to cancel the Amazon one on time.

#138 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:43 AM

"just curious."

yeah... sure.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#139 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

If I wasn't gonna get this off Goozex I'd totally bite on this.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#140 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:32 AM

Today's deal: Ace Combat horizon for $30.

#141 Coraanu

Coraanu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

Today's deal: Ace Combat horizon for $30.

Dang, I got it when it was $45 on Amazon w/ $10 credit. Oh well, got to enjoy it for the past few weeks. If Ace Combat 6 and Modern Warfare were to have a baby, it would be this game. It's pretty entertaining.
Mike

#142 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

Seems Amazon matched the price, but not the MSP.
http://www.amazon.co...21524674&sr=8-1

#143 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Darn it! I would have gone for this if I'd seen it yesterday.

Curse you Best Buy, for actually having deals of the day I care about! :lol:
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#144 Nintendo_Hawk

Nintendo_Hawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

Sad I missed this one ... guess I gotta check CAG every day !!! But I definitely plan to be here for Black Friday deals.

#145 powrslave007

powrslave007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

I can't believe i missed this one. :(

#146 Dakota Espen

Dakota Espen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

dam i missed it, it was only for a day?

#147 ZenDawg

ZenDawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

"just curious."

yeah... sure.

Nah...I was just curious. Thought it was weird they would send the points without completing the pick up/order. I did think right away how easy someone could just get points and then cancel the order. Either way, picked them up and glad I don't have to wait for BF.

#148 DRBagabundo

DRBagabundo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:08 AM

I took advantage of this, received the game today! Thanks!

and yeah, they did send the points code rather quickly....could've easily cancelled and grabbed another