* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon's Crown for PS3 (49.99) and Vita (39.99) - 8/6/2013

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#31 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Lol no.

Game development isn't cheap to make a game cost that low ($30).
Posted Image

#32 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

GDI, I hate my weakness for artsy games. This looks to be like a Golden Axe revival franchise, so I'm in for one. . .

I really, really hope the 'elf' is a thief type class.

#33 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

The Amazon graphic still scares me shitless.

#34 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

The Amazon graphic still scares me shitless.

In the middle ages, a woman like that would have been considered extremely attractive, particularly for the separated breasts.

Random fact of the day lol.

#35 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

EightBitArtist.png

#36 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

How have I not heard of this before? It looks incredible!

Gonna gameshare the shit outta this one.

#37 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

^Isn't this a disc based game?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#38 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

^Isn't this a disc based game?

Maybe he just means he's going to lend the disc to his friends?

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#39 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Maybe he just means he's going to lend the disc to his friends?

Yes, me and all of my compatriots who just can't wait to play a 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up revival! Right guys?

*crickets*

Oh, in that case I'll just hope for a PSN release and gameshare it. :D

#40 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

I am a bit concerned that the Vita isn't powerful enough to handle all of the boobage in this game. That poor sorceress is clearly plagued by a curse.... a curse of terrible back support.

#41 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Sigh shame Atlus bumped up the price to $50 for PS3 and $40 for Vita.

Emoney244.png

FACSHtO.png

RIP Video games 

#42 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

At least they're bringing it over here... I'm still sad that Grand Knights History didn't make it over.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#43 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

At least they're telling the truth about the prices.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#44 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

At least they're telling the truth about the prices.

Elle oh elle. . .

#45 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

The release date has been announced:

Dragon's Crown, the 2-D action multiplayer beat 'em up from Vanillaware and ATLUS will officially arrive in North America on Aug. 6, 2013 as exclusives for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita systems. The game's official website is also now live. New screenshots from the game are available to download here.

Dragon's Crown will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems for $49.99 and $39.99 respectively and is available for pre-orders now from major retailers. The game is expected to receive a T rating from the ESRB, but is not yet rated. More details about the game will be revealed in the future, with updates on the official Dragon's Crown website at: http://www.atlus.com/dragonscrown/

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#46 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

I'm absolutely down.

Especially since that Nancy over at Kotaku got his panties in a wad over a fucking video game.

http://kotaku.com/ga...e-boy-472724616

I love video games, they've been my hobby of choice for almost twenty years now ever since my D&D groups faded away. But at the end of the day, they're just fucking games. No one is trying to solve the riddle of existence through them and when they do, they come off badly.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#47 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

I'm absolutely down.

Especially since that Nancy over at Kotaku got his panties in a wad over a fucking video game.

http://kotaku.com/ga...e-boy-472724616

I love video games, they've been my hobby of choice for almost twenty years now ever since my D&D groups faded away. But at the end of the day, they're just fucking games. No one is trying to solve the riddle of existence through them and when they do, they come off badly.

I LOL'd hard at the artist's response!

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#48 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

I love this gem

"Why complain? Because it's embarrassing. Because I wouldn't want to be seen playing it in public. Because I love Japanese games and Japanese RPGs and I don't want them to perpetuate the ugly "boys' club" mentality that has pervaded gaming for almost three decades now."

Guarantee you this idiot or some others that also feel "embarrassed" by playing something like this in public are most likely the same people that go apeshit and have no problem playing a goddamn yellow pikachu themed 3ds in public ffs.:roll:

#49 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

white knight raging for nothing but page views.

buying this day 1

EightBitArtist.png

#50 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

I love this gem

"Why complain? Because it's embarrassing. Because I wouldn't want to be seen playing it in public. Because I love Japanese games and Japanese RPGs and I don't want them to perpetuate the ugly "boys' club" mentality that has pervaded gaming for almost three decades now."

Guarantee you this idiot or some others that also feel "embarrassed" by playing something like this in public are most likely the same people that go apeshit and have no problem playing a goddamn yellow pikachu themed 3ds in public ffs.:roll:

lol, no shit. I'd be embarrassed to be playing a Vita in public, period.

I get where the author coming from (and the artist's response was pretty juvenile and homophobic) but he's making a mountain out of a molehill on this one. Also, lol Shitaku: the most yellow, bullshit gaming blog on the web. Keep earning those pageviews!

I really wish this would've stayed at $30 since I have it preordered through Newegg with a $12 off credit. We're stoked since my wife is a huge Golden Axe fan and this looks to be right up that alley.

uc.png

#51 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

There is a certain degree of justification for complaining about the portrayal of women in games. It is a real problem, and should be addressed. At the same time, this is not the game that is going to pioneer a new attitude toward gender politics in the gaming space. A cursory inspection of Vanillaware's back-catalog will demonstrate that these character designs are pretty much par for the course as far as their art direction is concerned.

Also, it is a different matter to ask a Japanese artist working on a Japanese game to address the feminine figure with more restraint. Japanese culture takes a different approach to gender politics. And while taking a more international view is a good idea in the modern games industry, its quite obvious that Dragon's Crown is targeted at a primarily Japanese audience. The fact that its coming to the west is actually a bit surprising.

While there is certainly a discussion to be had here, Dragon's Crown probably isn't the right game to be centering the discussion around.

#52 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

http://art-eater.com...f-epic-homages/

Sad that people dont see stuff like this but would rather focus on fucking breast size being 1 cup larger like that clickbait troll from shitaku

#53 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

http://art-eater.com...f-epic-homages/

Sad that people dont see stuff like this but would rather focus on fucking breast size being 1 cup larger like that clickbait troll from shitaku

Pretty awesome look at the trailer.

I've got my copy preordered at BB. It might plummet in price but dammit, someone deserves props for making a (relatively) big-budget hack and slash game nowadays.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#54 KingZ

KingZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

When I heard someone said that he would feel embarrassed playing this game(as sorceress) in public, I just facepalm.

#55 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

There's nothing wrong with objecting to this kind of imagery. For some people, this approach to female portrayal is just going to be seen as offensive or wrong. And that's okay. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and tastes. If some people decide to boycott the game because of some of the content, that is their right.

However, I will personally be purchasing this game the day it comes out. While I can sympathize with avoiding female objectification, any desire I have to treat women with respect is outweighed by my love of Vanillaware's art-style. I've bought all of their past games that have come to Western shores, and Dragon's Crown will be no different.

#56 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

I think the reason why the Sorceress's giant bust size doesn't bug me in this game is because it fits into the game's exaggerated craziness. There are giant dragons, giant knights, even giant dwarves...why wouldn't there be giant titties too? Not that I've played the game yet or anything but other than her bouncing idle animation I didn't see anything else overtly sexual about her character. It's not like the developers are suddenly handing you a little blood-soaked trophy with "BITCHES AIN'T SHIT" engraved on it like prepatch GoW:A did or having her mime blowjobs. I'm not saying there won't be anything like that in the final game but based on the trailers it seems like everyone is freaking out over a piece of concept art and an idle animation.

Also, because it can't be said enough: Fuck KOTAKU

uc.png

#57 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

At least they're bringing it over here... I'm still sad that Grand Knights History didn't make it over.

It can be imported fairly cheaply if you go about it right (DV8CAG.com) thing to remember though half of the game is gimped since you were suppose to train your characters then send them off into the big battle online. Still the single player part if beautiful to look at and play and it's not too impossible to get through if you don't know any JPN.

Pretty awesome look at the trailer.

I've got my copy preordered at BB. It might plummet in price but dammit, someone deserves props for making a (relatively) big-budget hack and slash game nowadays.

Yeah I'm torn if I'm going to go day one too or not, I want to support this awesome game, but I haven't splurged for full price in ages (Shinobi PS2 was the last game I did that for) I still have two months to decide, so we'll see.

And this sexism thing with this game, grow the Fuck up. I swear, all I've been reading lately is feminism this and sexism that, kickstarter about women gamers being slandered. How's about we go back to what's important, the games, and everything else'll work itself out in the end. ;)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#58 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

It's not like the developers are suddenly handing you a little blood-soaked trophy with "BITCHES AIN'T SHIT" engraved on it like prepatch GoW:A did

god youre dumb

EightBitArtist.png

#59 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

is this going to be cross buy?

#60 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!