Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) $9.99 at bestbuy.com AND B&M (confirmed)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']So if it's $9.99 in store you could get it for $5![/QUOTE]

Which means half the excuses of why people don't own it yet.

[quote name='daschrier']One of the best games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

You should play a few more games. I'm not saying BG&E is bad (far from it), but Gamepro did include BG&E in their top ten list of "most overrated games" in their 200th anniversary issue last month for a reason. There are plenty of better games out there.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']You should play a few more games. I'm not saying BG&E is bad (far from it), but Gamepro did include BG&E in their top ten list of "most overrated games" in their 200th anniversary issue last month for a reason. There are plenty of better games out there.[/QUOTE]

I think I stopped paying attention to this post when I saw that you were apparently treating Gamepro as a legitimate source of opinions and/or information. :D

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I think I stopped paying attention to this post when I saw that you were apparently treating Gamepro as a legitimate source of opinions and/or information. :D[/QUOTE]

I never said Gamepro was legitimate. :D I just mentioned that this particular print rag felt BG&E was worthy of mention in the 200th anniversary issue. You can decide for yourself whether or not it means anything. (I have faith in you to do this.) :D

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I think I stopped paying attention to this post when I saw that you were apparently treating Gamepro as a legitimate source of opinions and/or information. :D[/QUOTE]

:lol:

So true. I could think of 10 very over-rated games, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, FFX, FFX2, Pikmin. This is an under-rated game, one of the more so this gen. I also think it is one of the best games this gen, and probably the best multiplatform games this gen.

Man I need to find a GC version. I love this game so much and have the XBox and PS2 versions already. I agree with the statement that everyone should own this. What's up with the cover on Best Buys site, did it get a reprint or do they just have the wrong picture for some reason?

[quote name='David85']:lol:

So true. I could think of 10 very over-rated games, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, FFX, FFX2, Pikmin. This is an under-rated game, one of the more so this gen. I also think it is one of the best games this gen, and probably the best multiplatform games this gen.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this game was under rated, as it got very good scores... It was just under hyped and not many non gamers know about it. Personally I would take FFX off your overated list because it is one of the better RPGs released for current gen systems. The other ones I agree with or haven't palyed.

[quote name='clockworkvictim']I don't think this game was under rated, as it got very good scores... It was just under hyped and not many non gamers know about it. Personally I would take FFX off your overated list because it is one of the better RPGs released for current gen systems. The other ones I agree with or haven't palyed.[/QUOTE]

True, but it was more than just that.

There were no ads for it, no one was gonig to spend $50 on a short game that might suck. So even before people hyped it the price was lowwered.

Big mistake, this could be like PoP, what a waste.

Everyone should own and play this game. There is so much variety and a great intergration of the story into the gameplay Astounded that gamepro called it overated, just one more reason to hate that magazine, I would love to see the rest of the list if anyone has a link.

[quote name='Zennousha']Man I need to find a GC version. I love this game so much and have the XBox and PS2 versions already. I agree with the statement that everyone should own this. What's up with the cover on Best Buys site, did it get a reprint or do they just have the wrong picture for some reason?[/QUOTE]

Looks like they have an import cover for some reason. I haven't seen the Euro cover elsewhere but this may, in fact, be it.

I haven't actually played BG&E, but my in-laws played it and loved it, until they were stopped at the end by a game-screwing glitch. We tried everything to get past the glitch to no avail. This was the GC version BTW.

I want to play it at some point, but I don't want to go all the way through the game just to have it screw up at the end. BTW, they tried with two different copies of the game - it was something to do with the way the game saved a photograph that they took very early in the game.

I despised this game. A co-worker had raved about it so I picked it up, and made myself play through to the end just so he couldn't say "well, you stopped playing before X happens...". The first level or so was fun, and it went downhill after that. I also consider this game overrated because every message board I go to raves about it.

I always end my rants with this tho - so many people DO like the game, and it's so cheap that if you're interested go and decide for yourself. :p

[quote name='nwaugh']How does the Gamecube version compare to the PS2 one?[/QUOTE]

I have both... only thing I noticed is that the GameCube version loads -much- faster...

I own the X-Box version and love the game. I was in TRU yesterday and they had a lone copy of the PS2 version for $4.46. My girls are always getting invited to B-Day parties and this would make an excellent CHEAP gift! :) Check in your local TRU for any remaining copies for under $5.

Thanks to the original poster....I own the Xbox version but have been looking to buy the GC or PS2 version due to the smaller systems being a plus for me at my weekend job. The Xbox is such a drag to tote around!!! :)

Great game....it is a shame we will most likely never see a sequel due to sales for the game.

It is a truly awesome game. Too bad I beat it in a measly eight hours. :( Still, it was 8 hours of gaming magic that I wouldn't trade for anything.

XBox version is better though. ;)

I just picked it up, and have to say that it is so far worth $5. The use of context sensitivity all through the gameplay is rather interesting.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']You should play a few more games. I'm not saying BG&E is bad (far from it), but Gamepro did include BG&E in their top ten list of "most overrated games" in their 200th anniversary issue last month for a reason. There are plenty of better games out there.[/QUOTE]

Actually that was a list of the most Underappreciated games, not overrated (check your issue again). So pretty much exactly the opposite of what you were thinking. Also on the list - Katamari Damacy, Mad Maestro, and other games that CAGs have been talking about.

[quote name='Backlash']Actually that was a list of the most Underappreciated games, not overrated (check your issue again). So pretty much exactly the opposite of what you were thinking.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was on BOTH lists if you want to check again, but the fact that EGM has now put ICO on their list of top 10 overrated games (check the www.1up.com feature story if you don't get their print rag) must add some level of credibility to the idea that ICO frequently gets more credit than it deserves.

is 9.99 before or after coupon? B/C my best buy just got some in (don't ask, haven't seen any in about 7 months) and they are marked 14.99. Will it ring up for that or for 9.99 like you guys said?

[quote name='t65will']Where can I get the X-Box version for this cheap? It seems to have gotten much harder to find now.[/QUOTE]

Circuit City has them for $9.96 in store.

[quote name='mcgavin27']is 9.99 before or after coupon? B/C my best buy just got some in (don't ask, haven't seen any in about 7 months) and they are marked 14.99. Will it ring up for that or for 9.99 like you guys said?[/QUOTE]

Which coupon? The gamers giftcard coupon is only good for games $19.99 and up.

[quote name='chunk']Which coupon? The gamers giftcard coupon is only good for games $19.99 and up.[/QUOTE]
the 5 dollar off ps2/psp coupon.

[quote name='mcgavin27']anyone know if it 9.99 or 14.99? b/c mine is marked 14.99 but i don't have a chance to go to best buy till tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

When I went to BB this week it had a $14.99 price tag on it too, but the price on the shelf was $9.99. It rang up for $9.99 too so you shouldn't have a problem. I got the last one at mine. They must have put some more out at some point tho since I checked BB when I first saw this deal and they didn't have any.

schnuth

[quote name='mcgavin27']anyone know if it 9.99 or 14.99? b/c mine is marked 14.99 but i don't have a chance to go to best buy till tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Marked $14.99, rang up $9.99, paid $4.99 after the $5 off coupon. Actually, I paid $5.04 because I got 5 penny guides as well :D

[quote name='io']Marked $14.99, rang up $9.99, paid $4.99 after the $5 off coupon. Actually, I paid $5.04 because I got 5 penny guides as well :D[/QUOTE]
that's what i'm doing tomorrow

bread's done
Back