Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/20/11 to 11/23/11) Zelda: Skyward Sword Deals

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#271 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

My biggest disappointment of the year, RAGE. I wouldn't buy this turd again even if it was sub-20. Luckily I got out from under my copy for what I paid.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#272 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

I've seen some of the PS3 gameplay videos on youtube, that shit would absolutely drive me bonkers!

Yeah I just couldn't play it. Thankfully I bought it used at gamestop and returned it for a full refund. I would not buy this on the PS3 for any price.

#273 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

The pc version by far has the worst texture pop in in history and its not even close
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#274 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

Damn didn't realize this would turn into a Rage review thread...

When a game is hyped like this and doesn't deliver you'll get chatter like this in a deal thread.

#275 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

So what's the reason the Target "Skyward Sword free with purchase of a NSMB Wii" deal got omitted? I was worried that was a hoax or something, but it even shows up online.

#276 Kinggiddra

Kinggiddra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

went to my local best buy. forgot my wallet, thought they were going to sell out. There were only 2 copies of the bundle left! Didn't know they opened at 9 am either...

#277 Staind204

Staind204

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

Is Nintendo going to produce anymore of the Zelda w/ remote box set? Also when I got mine the sticker had been peeled. It had the sealed game, wii mote instructions, wii mote (w/ sleeve), and batteries. Thats all it was suppose to come with right?

#278 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Thanks OP, picked up a copy, will keep it sealed through the BF in case amazon hits a lower price, but $30 seems good to me, ESP if I can play it quickly and trade it in.

#279 Gillbob316

Gillbob316

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Just for the record...

I preordered WWE '12 for in store pickup on BestBuy.com this morning...

I called 1-888-BestBuy immediately thereafter to try to get a pricematch dealt with right away...

I talked to at least two different girls about it, and basically what it boiled down to was they can't currently pricematch Target on WWE '12, because no Targets are currently showing WWE '12 in-stock. Actually one of them said she'd pricematched the game earlier for someone because she called their local target, and their local Target DID say they had it in stock, but since mine wouldn't do the same... she couldn't match it for me. *Facepalm*

Now, since I have over 50 Targets within a 25 mile radius of me (according to Target.com) and since the game is a new release... I don't believe for a minute that not ONE of these stores will have the game in stock Tuesday... but since they couldn't verify it... they wouldn't match it.

They more or less advised me that I should be able to call back Tuesday, after the game is released, and if Target shows the game in-stock then, THEN they can pricematch it. Which is annoying, but they were claiming their hands were tied by policy.

So anyway yeah, my only point is, if you're trying to get Best Buy to match Target on WWE '12... YMMV if you attempt it before Tuesday.

Now, assuming I call back Tuesday and they STILL won't match it... then I'll be pretty livid.

Edited by Gillbob316, 20 November 2011 - 09:46 PM.
typo

#280 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

Now, since I have over 50 Targets within a 25 mile radius of me (according to Target.com) and since the game is a new release...

You just blew my mind...:whee:

#281 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

So what's the reason the Target "Skyward Sword free with purchase of a NSMB Wii" deal got omitted? I was worried that was a hoax or something, but it even shows up online.

Not a hoax as I did it just a few hours ago.

#282 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

TRU.com shows up as in stock with free shipping. Use this link as searching for Zelda won't show the bundle listing.

Ordered mine online as my store didn't get any copies of the bundle and won't be getting any.

#283 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

I pre-ordered it. I expected a lot more than the insanely linear story. By the end, I just wanted to go as fast as I could and beat it. Traded it in for like $8 less than I paid, and still have the anarchy codes. And I still felt ripped off.

It's not as bad as Daikatana, which I actually played some of. It's definitely not flop of the year. But it's also not worth $30.

#284 arcadegamer

arcadegamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

i got zelda today from kmart for $20 gameing coupon
Posted Image

#285 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

I pre-ordered it. I expected a lot more than the insanely linear story. By the end, I just wanted to go as fast as I could and beat it. Traded it in for like $8 less than I paid, and still have the anarchy codes. And I still felt ripped off.

It's not as bad as Daikatana, which I actually played some of. It's definitely not flop of the year. But it's also not worth $30.

It might not be the worst game of the year, in fact it's definitely not...but as far as hype vs. what was delivered - flop of the year.

#286 JawnMan

JawnMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

I saw this this earlier when I was at target too. Just didn't get it because of my huge backlog. It was $30 for PS3 and PC. I didn't check 360. So, confirmed in Northeast Philadelphia.

#287 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, RAGE is a victim of the PR guys selling a game that it really wasn't. If they just said it was going to be your standard shoot-em-up with a few driving bits then it wouldn't have been met with such strong backlash. The dismal state of the PC release put the other black eye on the game and it was all over from there... the price has been dropping like a rock.

I'd suggest that at this point, unless you're just DYING to play it, wait until it hits $20 or less. That shouldn't be too long.

It's really a beautiful game (since the patch) and the animation is second to none. The gameplay is standard id - meaty and solid, but not revolutionary. The level design is quite nice too. Those are id's strengths, traditionally... not creating sprawling pseudo-RPGs, which this is not.

#288 deletion

deletion

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

agree to all statements saying wait for 20 or less. fell into all the adverts and developers selling this as some fps rpg. which it's no rpg at all. 60 was such a rip, even at 30 is still too much. this game will drop fast in no time at all.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#289 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, RAGE is a victim of the PR guys selling a game that it really wasn't. If they just said it was going to be your standard shoot-em-up with a few driving bits then it wouldn't have been met with such strong backlash. The dismal state of the PC release put the other black eye on the game and it was all over from there... the price has been dropping like a rock.

I'd suggest that at this point, unless you're just DYING to play it, wait until it hits $20 or less. That shouldn't be too long.

It's really a beautiful game (since the patch) and the animation is second to none. The gameplay is standard id - meaty and solid, but not revolutionary. The level design is quite nice too. Those are id's strengths, traditionally... not creating sprawling pseudo-RPGs, which this is not.

So no leveling up or RPG elements at all?

#290 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Decent price...but I would avoid the PS3 version. There is constant texture pop-in EVERY time you move your character. It might not bother some people, but it killed the game for me. EVERY time you move even an inch, the area around you has to re-render the layers of texture. Sometimes they don't render for more than a second and the game just looks awful.

Aside from that - it's really not all the groundbreaking, shooting feels fine but the driving all over the place got really old for me, nowhere near as fun as driving around in Borderlands.

I'd rather deal with 3 discs for the 360 anyday than the PS3 texture layering issue.

Thanks. It's times like these that I'm glad I have both systems.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#291 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

My Best Buy got 4 copies of the bundle, and 3 of them were pre-ordered by me. Got all 3 in pristine condition with $30 in gift cards, to boot!

#292 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

Damn didn't realize this would turn into a Rage review thread...

It's the reviews that I find sometimes to be very useful actually.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#293 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

So no leveling up or RPG elements at all?

none, there is some crafting and upgrading of weapons and vehicles.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#294 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

this game is worth less than 20 so i suggest waiting a bit

spoiler alert: this game has the worst ending for a game in last 2 years and no boss battles which you will remember for even a week

#295 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hmmm, might head over to target and pick this up and a mop.. WOoooooo

#296 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

Picked up :psp: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep along with my Zelda CE Pre-order @BestBuy
Posted Image

Posted Image

#297 crono152

crono152

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

I got the last bundle at my store. When I got home I noticed the bottom had been tampered with. I opened it up and the Soundtrack CD is gone but the game and controller with batteries remained. I called all surrounding Best Buys and none had it in stock.

Should I stress over the soundtrack not being included in my copy and wait for them to get more in stock or should I just forget it and enjoy the controller and game?

#298 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

The game is already open, right? Why not enjoy it until they get more in stock, and then exchange it?

#299 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

The soundtrack is in the game case.

Edited by Jav0r, 21 November 2011 - 01:28 AM.

#300 Tympanum

Tympanum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

The game is already open, right? Why not enjoy it until they get more in stock, and then exchange it?

I don't think anybody is supposed to get anymore after their first initial shipment.