Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/20/11 to 11/23/11) Zelda: Skyward Sword Deals

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#301 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

The game wasn't opened, but the large box that the rest came in was opened from the bottom.

I mostly wanted it for the motion controller since I don't own one.

I don't have the game yet, but I thought that the soundtrack was in the game case.

#302 crono152

crono152

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

I don't have the game yet, but I thought that the soundtrack was in the game case.

Yep, you're right, I just opened it up and it's inside the game case. I thought it was supposed to be in a slip case or something. My mistake. Guess the box was just damaged in shipping to the point where it looked like it had been tampered at the bottom.

#303 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

Yep, you're right, I just opened it up and it's inside the game case. I thought it was supposed to be in a slip case or something. My mistake. Guess the box was just damaged in shipping to the point where it looked like it had been tampered at the bottom.

Let us know what you think after you have a few hours into it. I'm still on the fence with this one. I'm not really a Zelda fan, but so many of the reviews say that it's a must have game for any Wii owner.

#304 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

My Best Buy got 4 copies of the bundle, and 3 of them were pre-ordered by me. Got all 3 in pristine condition with $30 in gift cards, to boot!

We all need three copies of this game! Happy flipping.

#305 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

If you weren't able to pick one up today. There will be more on the way.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#306 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

We all need three copies of this game! Happy flipping.

One was for me, another was for a friend that was with me, who paid me back, and the other is for a friend who's on vacation at the moment.

#307 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

If you weren't able to pick one up today. There will be more on the way.

Great news if true, but how do you know this?

#308 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

Went to Best Buy about 4pm, there was 5 of the Bundle in the Shelf.. I bought one myself and promptly cancelled my Amazon pre-order. I don't think this will be rare.
Posted Image

#309 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

My Best Buy got 4 copies of the bundle, and 3 of them were pre-ordered by me. Got all 3 in pristine condition with $30 in gift cards, to boot!

My Best Buy made me pretty mad today on the pre-order. I mentioned the gift card while she was retrieving my LE bundle and she said since I had pre-ordered it on the site I would probably be mailed the card, but she could check after she rang it up. After ringing it up, I asked and she said "No I don't see it, I guess not" - then stood there staring at me like I was just going to go away. I said, well just return and re-buy it or price match. She said "I can't it takes 2 hours to clear it out of the system before I can do that, and of course by then it was too late to cancel the pick up and just buy it straight. So she basically told me drive back 2 hours later. Not a very happy camper, and it will definitely affect my pre-order business with Best Buy.

#310 deletion

deletion

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

this game is worth less than 20 so i suggest waiting a bit

spoiler alert: this game has the worst ending for a game in last 2 years and no boss battles which you will remember for even a week

what ending? im not sure its even worth being called an ending. its more like just credits
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#311 OldSlowGamer

OldSlowGamer

Old Slow Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I got it for $32 on ebay for the PS3 in almost new condition. I played it for 13 hours including a lot of side missions and finished it. I enjoyed it. It reminded me of the old Doom games. It was very linear but I felt the graphics were good. The frame rate was smooth - COD like and it was fun for what it was. It basically was a chunk of Fallout 3 and Borderlands with spruced up graphics. I will flip it on ebay this week for around $25 after fees. For a net cost of $7 I think it was worth it. My recommendation is to wait for $20 next spring or summer. I would have been pissed if I paid $60 day one for it.
89994.png

#312 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

what ending? im not sure its even worth being called an ending. its more like just credits

and then the game just ends.. with no way to complete any side quests or races... great game design.

#313 VincenteX

VincenteX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:41 AM

I picked up my pre-order Skyward Sword Bundle earlier today and go the gift card no problem. You probably just had an inept sales associate, defpally :(

#314 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

So no leveling up or RPG elements at all?

Rage looks like your typical Id shooter [with an open-world and a linear story], not a Gearbox genre-bender [Shooter/ARPG like Borderlands].

and then the game just ends.. with no way to complete any side quests or races... great game design.

While this is "okay" [to give the game finality and end it], the problem is when the game DOES NOT warn you ahead of time, before the final main missions/quest string.

FO:NV did this fine, warning the player ahead of time...

#315 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

Rage looks like your typical Id shooter [with an open-world and a linear story], not a Gearbox genre-bender [Shooter/ARPG like Borderlands].

While this is "okay" [to give the game finality and end it], the problem is when the game DOES NOT warn you ahead of time, before the final main missions/quest string.

FO:NV did this fine, warning the player ahead of time...

Rage isn't open world. The levels are very linear too.

#316 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

Rage isn't open world. The levels are very linear too.

"Somewhat" open world is probably a better choice of words, yes? No?

#317 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

I got it for $32 on ebay for the PS3 in almost new condition. I played it for 13 hours including a lot of side missions and finished it. I enjoyed it. It reminded me of the old Doom games. It was very linear but I felt the graphics were good. The frame rate was smooth - COD like and it was fun for what it was. It basically was a chunk of Fallout 3 and Borderlands with spruced up graphics. I will flip it on ebay this week for around $25 after fees. For a net cost of $7 I think it was worth it. My recommendation is to wait for $20 next spring or summer. I would have been pissed if I paid $60 day one for it.

Sounds like your recommendation is just to go to Blockbuster or Redbox and rent it.

#318 hellboypi

hellboypi

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

Got there just a little after 10 (but apparently they opened at 9 for Holiday hours.) to find one slightly beat up copy on the shelf.

I was also doing an in-store pick up and they told me I was lucky to get Zelda because they forgot to pull Saturday's pre-orders and set them aside and had to scramble and pull copies off the shelf when they realized their mistake leaving only 3 copies for non pre-orders.

Now I'm just waiting for a helper in Canada to see if Future Shop comes through with their SteelBook (...not looking good at the moment) keep my Motion+ and sell my extra copy of the game.

#319 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:04 AM

I think I want this game and then I dont, then I do and then I don't again. My goodness I've never been this conflicted about a game before :(
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#320 hqn101

hqn101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

Can I get a picture if the price tag if possible I want to go pm the game at Best Buy.

#321 strayfoxx

strayfoxx

Slim Cessna fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

Damn didn't realize this would turn into a Rage review thread...

That game is more broken than the PRT :)

#322 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

I picked up my pre-order Skyward Sword Bundle earlier today and go the gift card no problem. You probably just had an inept sales associate, defpally :(

I had the same issue as defpally. I think it affects people who preordered online, no gift card when you pick it up. People who preordered in store are getting the giftcard, since they technically bought the game today instead of when they preordered. Hopefully bestbuy realizes this and sends out giftcards to online preorders without forcing us to do return/rebuys.

#323 blah316

blah316

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

damn ive just seen wwe allstars is gonna be 20 bucks at kmart, but only for wii. any chance, and any place where itll be similarly priced, but for the 360???

#324 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

Great news if true, but how do you know this?

I checked the store stock in the system while I was there. Just trying to help my fellow CAG's out.

#325 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

So what's the reason the Target "Skyward Sword free with purchase of a NSMB Wii" deal got omitted? I was worried that was a hoax or something, but it even shows up online.

a mistake, now fixed. Thanks!

#326 robbrism

robbrism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Edited by robbrism, 21 November 2011 - 08:32 PM.
wrong thread.

#327 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

is the $20 coupon at kmart for zelda only online?

i just bought the game at kmart and i didn't get a coupon

#328 OldSlowGamer

OldSlowGamer

Old Slow Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

Sounds like your recommendation is just to go to Blockbuster or Redbox and rent it.

yeah - pretty much
89994.png

#329 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

is the $20 coupon at kmart for zelda only online?

i just bought the game at kmart and i didn't get a coupon

Read the OP of the K-Mart thread.

#330 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

scored the last Skyward bundle about 7pm tonight in my local BB!!! just surprised it was not sold out yet...