• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#91 sergioalb64

sergioalb64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

For those 'in the know'...

Aren't those Metallic Rose / Midnight Blue DSi XL + Mario VS DK bundles 'ol'? Apparently they came out on Nov. 6th?

I hope to get one this weekend...
[=[_]=]
[+[_]+]
sergioalb64
The #1 DS Fan

#92 Torik_Shai

Torik_Shai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

Awesome, so I go in Sunday to pick up my Zelda pre-order, grab my $10 credit, immediately spend said credit on the Red vs. Blue Season 9 DVD, and then return home for an afternoon of amazing-ness. Sounds like a plan.

#93 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

Awesome! Zelda is my fifth game, getting $20 back already (I average it out), now getting an extra 10. Like getting a brand new release for $20 considering I'm paying with a gift card.

#94 Thavron

Thavron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

Even with the Mario Miniland game included in the bundle, it hurts my head that a 3DS is advertised at $25 less than a much older DSi XL model.

There's no price on the Wii bundle? If it's $149 w/ Zelda, and it's the older Gamecube model (which I'm fairly certain that package came with), it's almost worth it to pick up a 2nd as my 5 year old Wii is getting jittery.

It's not the older model with Gamecube BC, those were phased out with the Mario Kart bundles. The new models come with NSMB.

#95 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

I'll wait for reviews for WWE '12. I bought SvsR '10 and '11 on release day after taking a hiatus from wrestling games since SvsR '05 and was rather disappointed with '11. Since Road to Wrestlemania is going to be tweaked once again, I'm thinking I should just rent this through Gamefly. Hmm... But if they are good, I'm heading down to BB to PM and use my $25 in GCs.
Posted Image

#96 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

my point is NOT TO try and do this all at once. Get the CD since it's in the ad then come back later for the pm. I know some people aren't as close to a BB like I am but in that case you gotta pick & choose accordingly.

But won't the free stuff be rung out at $0 on the receipt? My best buy would see that when trying to pm and shoot it down.

#97 Hyperlancer

Hyperlancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

Weren't both versions of Zelda supposed to come with the CD in the initial run?

#98 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Weren't both versions of Zelda supposed to come with the CD in the initial run?

They do

#99 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

I want the metallic rose DSi XL bundle; I can use my sister's 15% Target employee discount and sell the game, which I already have...

Apparently this bundle came out already, on Nov. 6th? Can't find it for sale anywhere 'big'. I hope it's not too hard to find on Sunday...

They are offering this DSi XL BUNDLE this week, as in now, at TRU w/ a $25 GC. Its also listed w/ a $10 GC next week at BB. I'm going to TRU now though not optimistic about them actually having it in stock, it's OOS online.

#100 outunderstars

outunderstars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

I really want that Wii bundle. Any chance of Amazon price matching?

#101 mrmahone

mrmahone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

I wonder if I can talk Target into letting my buy the Mario Kart Wii bundle instead of the new non Gamecube compatible one.......

#102 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

wonder if the new PSP core price is going to be 99.99 come sunday
WOOOO I STINK

#103 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Maybe someone can help me since i've been out of the Wii loop for a while.

The $150 bundle plays Cube games as well, right? I've seen some reports that Nintendo removed that capability from Wii's but it might just be in other territories?

Also, anyway to transfer VC Purchases from one Wii to another? My launch Wii is taking a crap, and $150 for a black one with Zelda and SMB is a steal!

#104 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

I thought it was the Mario Kart bundles that have the GC compatability removed, mrmahome.

In any event, my understanding is you can tell because the newer ones with GC removed show the system laying flat/horizontal on the box. (The older, GC ones show the system vertical on the box.)

#105 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

Maybe someone can help me since i've been out of the Wii loop for a while.

The $150 bundle plays Cube games as well, right? I've seen some reports that Nintendo removed that capability from Wii's but it might just be in other territories?

Also, anyway to transfer VC Purchases from one Wii to another? My launch Wii is taking a crap, and $150 for a black one with Zelda and SMB is a steal!

The new bundle (mentioned in this thread) unfortunately is not BC with Gamecube games OR controllers, etc. :( I'm not sure about transferring.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#106 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

I thought it was the Mario Kart bundles that have the GC compatability removed, mrmahome.

In any event, my understanding is you can tell because the newer ones with GC removed show the system laying flat/horizontal on the box. (The older, GC ones show the system vertical on the box.)

From what I've read, the new Wii can only be used laying Flat. You can't stand it up.

Hmm. $150 really is a steal since I was going to buy Zelda anyway, so $100 for NSMB + a Wii that's not close to death. But then again, the Wii U is right around the corner and I'm sure it'll play Wii games.

#107 fireworkfan

fireworkfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Game deals everywhere are going to suck untill bf starts

not only game deals but,all deals in general will suck this week because of Black Friday
Posted Image

#108 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

The new bundle (mentioned in this thread) unfortunately is not BC with Gamecube games OR controllers, etc. :( I'm not sure about transferring.

Just got back from TRU and no DSiXL bundles in the tri-state area (the hot blonde chick checked for me). They did have plenty of pink ones and other colors not in bundles but no deals on those.

On topic, sorry I originally posted about this Wii, I should know better. Nintendo really is doing everybody a disservice by taking out backwards compatibility on the sly. How much $ could they be saving on 5 yr. old hardware? Putting the Wii horizontal is hardly an announcement, though it is 1 way to tell. I know the WiiU is Not GameCube compatible but that info will be out there when the system gets released. As for transferring games, no go. Which really annoys me as the software is there for DSi to 3DS. They better have it at launch for WiiU. Everything I've DLd is on Club Nintendo so it should be easy to transfer my account to a new system. Pins are nice, but Ild like some added functionality.

#109 mrmahone

mrmahone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

Yes, the Mario Kart bundles that I have seen in stores are the old Wii's (that can stand vertically) and include the Gamecube compatibility. They are the same price as the new Wii's that have to sit horizontally and do not have any Gamecube compatibility. I was hoping (although it probably will not happen) that Target would let me buy the Mario Kart bundle instead of the Super Mario Bundle. One can hope!!!

#110 Vysion

Vysion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

The $99 PSPs are a good thing for any of us not making it out to the Black Friday offer at the same price at other stores. Makes them more leisurely acquired. Of course, how many CAGs aren't going to be out BF?
Vysion, that's vision with one i

#111 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

The $99 PSPs are a good thing for any of us not making it out to the Black Friday offer at the same price at other stores. Makes them more leisurely acquired. Of course, how many CAGs aren't going to be out BF?

Personally, I won't be out on Black Friday now that I can go to either Target or Bestbuy and pick up a PSP 3000 for $99 (X-mas gift for my son.) I usually take advantage of Black Friday deals online or wait until Cyber Monday. To be honest, thanks to CAG I get deals all year round. :D

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#112 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Here are your deals:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
$10 Gift Card with Purchase
or
$25 Gift Card if bought with the strategy guide (paperback)

B1G1 40% off all DS and 3DS games

$20 Gift Card with 3DS system and 3DS Skylanders starter set.

$182 Wii Bundle (Black Mario system, Wii Power Cradle Charger, Mario + Sonic at the 2012 Olympics)
-------------------
$25 Gift Card for buying 250GB Kinect Xbox 360 System
$125 Kinect Sensor

Free $10 Gift Card with purchase of WWE 2012 for Xbox 360 or PS3

Xbox 360 Kinect
$25
Wipeout
Hole in the Wall
Minute to Win It
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster

$30
Victorious
Motion Sports Adrenaline

$35
The Black Eye Peas Experience
Hulk Hogan Main Event
Twister Mania
----

$20 off all Xbox 360, PS3, Wii Skylanders starter kits
2 for $10 all Skylander figures priced $8

That is all.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#113 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

meh, I'm not a handheld fan

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#114 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hate to be a P.I.T.A. but can you tell if the Wipeout Kinect deal is only for part 1 or is it maybe for both part 1 and 2?

Thanks,
Anthony
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#115 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

woot! more skylander figures I don't need! Anyone know when the new figures will be available?
Now playing poorly:
:360: Just Cause 2
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn
:ds: Golden Sun 2

#116 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'm not. Worked in retail too many years for that crap. There aren't any deals out there good enough to get me out of my house on that day.

#117 jedi_liz

jedi_liz

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

man, I wish Professor layton and the last specter was on sale in this ad....I've been delaying buying it so I can get it on sale...

#118 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

Anyone have the nyko zoom and care to weigh in.

Preliminary reviews were good and space is limited in my house. Well it's not limited but a PITA to move everything out of the way.

#119 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

But won't the free stuff be rung out at $0 on the receipt? My best buy would see that when trying to pm and shoot it down.

does it have a barcode? Ask in gaming b/c they still have stacks of those Ace Combat ones & most of the time they'll vouch for you just to have less junk to move around/straighten up.

edit: TRU has a $10 instant GC so there's more than 1 one way to try & combine the $10 digital credit, $47 target pm and/or $10 gc pm.

#120 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

Remember TRU is doing B1G1 on Skylander figures/sets for BF, but that's only a couple bucks difference on the dudes themselves. Also funny that they are doing the $20 off now as well as on BF.
Posted Image