Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/20/11 to 11/23/11) Zelda: Skyward Sword Deals

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#121 Luuc

Luuc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

woot! more skylander figures I don't need! Anyone know when the new figures will be available?

Three new ones (Dino-rang, Wrecking Ball, and Hex) were released on Friday. If you check Wal-Mart's website, they list all of the rest of them as releasing on December 4th, NO IDEA if that's reliable though.

I'm right there with you about the figures though. I've been waiting on a good deal for them, I'd rather wait for BF but with the way these things keep selling out around here I'm scared they'll be all out. :/

#122 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

Once upon a monster for 25 sounds good. Won't have to wait for black friday.

#123 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

Three new ones (Dino-rang, Wrecking Ball, and Hex) were released on Friday. If you check Wal-Mart's website, they list all of the rest of them as releasing on December 4th, NO IDEA if that's reliable though.

I'm right there with you about the figures though. I've been waiting on a good deal for them, I'd rather wait for BF but with the way these things keep selling out around here I'm scared they'll be all out. :/

I saw all three new ones at my Target today, so they're definitely out around me. I'm thinking I'm going to jump on the 2 for $10 deal Sunday -- if for no other reason than not having to wait in the TRU line next Friday ...
Posted Image

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#124 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:02 AM

Oh and I'm also considering getting the Skylanders 3DS starter pack. I have the 360 version, but I've read that the 3DS version is an entirely different game. Any thoughts?
Posted Image

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#125 emozolik

emozolik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:20 AM

Nice and thanks OP. My boy wanted once upon a monster. I needed a reason to skip BB on BF... :)

#126 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

Might have to take advantage of the deal on the single Skylander figures though I still want to get the Pirates pack on BF as part of the B1G1. I'm hoping I can just order that online. But there's no way I'm waiting in line at TRU to get Skylanders figures.
Posted Image

#127 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:13 AM

The BF B1G1 on the Skylanders figures would come out to 2 for $8, which is pretty close, minus the crowds and potentially bare shelves. Also, since my two adventure packs still don't properly count toward the $100 TRU free figure promo, I won't mind some spend padding to get there, plus I just got a $5 reward certificate in the mail anyway.

Also, nice deal on Sesame Street - I think the TRU version is also the only one that comes with that free bean bag thingy.

#128 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:20 AM

Zelda w/ strategy guide gets $25 GC? How expensive must that guide be? I haven't purchased one since Echo the Dolphin on Dreamcast.

#129 schopaia

schopaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

will they have the skyward sword controller bundle?

#130 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:23 AM

yea im wondering about the pm also on WWE 12 and if i preordered it in store monday will i get a $10 GC when i pick it up tuesday and get the dvd also?i was thinking i would bring the target ad in on tuesday when I come pick up the game and try to get them to pm it and still give me the $10 GC that would bring the price down to $37 for the game and the dvd you cant beat that if not ill probaly wait til BF and try to find a deal on it somewhere

#131 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

will they have the skyward sword controller bundle?

Yes. It's advertised, but has also been available for preorder at TRU for a bit over a month.

#132 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:56 AM

Tempted to get the Skyward Sword+Guide deal. I have a $17 TRU gift card I've had for almost 2 years after I traded in some games there.

#133 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:07 AM

Might have to take advantage of the deal on the single Skylander figures though I still want to get the Pirates pack on BF as part of the B1G1. I'm hoping I can just order that online. But there's no way I'm waiting in line at TRU to get Skylanders figures.

Last year around here it was ridiculous. Forget Black Friday...still on Saturday, there was a line that went from the front door all the way around the entire store just to enter the Rzone. I don't think I would ever need anything that badly.

Haven't contributed too much to the Skylanders raping of people's wallet, but the local store seems to be doing quite well. The last time I visited(2 days ago), aside from the starter packs, there were only a few $20 packs, and nothing but 'Voo doo' (think that's how you spell it) single packs left. That action figure is getting no love (the design must be quite unappealing to people in general)

#134 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

Still waiting on a b1g1 sale for 3ds games. Thanks though op
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#135 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:41 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
$10 Gift Card with Purchase
or
$25 Gift Card if bought with the strategy guide (paperback)

The guide alone costs $25, so the this offer is like buy the game get the guide free. not too tempted yet...

#136 bic

bic

Calm down francis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

Still waiting on a b1g1 sale for 3ds games. Thanks though op

Buy 1 get 1 free? Thats awfully optimistic.

Thanks OP.

#137 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

The BF B1G1 on the Skylanders figures would come out to 2 for $8, which is pretty close, minus the crowds and potentially bare shelves. Also, since my two adventure packs still don't properly count toward the $100 TRU free figure promo, I won't mind some spend padding to get there, plus I just got a $5 reward certificate in the mail anyway.

Also, nice deal on Sesame Street - I think the TRU version is also the only one that comes with that free bean bag thingy.

My Darklight Crypt originally wasn't counting, but I checked recently and now it has the 'S' icon, so they might have fixed it.

I'm definitely going to grab 2 for $10 later this week, hoping they have the new guys. The thought of going to TRU on Black Friday absolutely terrifies me.

#138 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

So if I already preordered Zelda to ship to me, will they automatically add the gift card?

#139 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Once Upon a Monster is $24.99 at BestBuy.com today as part of their DotD. Free shipping as well. I ordered one for my 4yr old. Would rather give Best Buy my $$ since our Toys R Us unfriendly.

#140 Hyperlancer

Hyperlancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Think I might take the Wii deal since I'm buying Zelda anyway. My launch Wii still works, but now I can mod that one to play imports. Plus I always wanted a black Wii to match the other consoles.

#141 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

My Darklight Crypt originally wasn't counting, but I checked recently and now it has the 'S' icon, so they might have fixed it.

Yes - this appears to be fixed now. After speaking with a rep about two weeks ago, we discovered what appeared to be the problem with the adventure packs, but she was unable to help beyond that - so I sent a registered letter to the address she suggested, detailing the exact issue - I received confirmation yesterday that the letter had been signed for/delivered and when I logged into my account last night - they were both showing with the "S" - so I think the issue was fixed.

Long story short, the list of "eligible" items included the UPCs for the six-pack shipping case of the Adventure Packs - not the UPC of the individual item.

However, the strategy guide is still showing as "AMER FUN HOME VIDEO DVD GAME" and doesn't have the "S" by it. :(
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#142 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Anyone have the nyko zoom and care to weigh in.

Preliminary reviews were good and space is limited in my house. Well it's not limited but a PITA to move everything out of the way.

My suggestion is to keep your money. I bought this thing and it didn't work. I tried all combinations and placement for my Kinect and it failed. I was able to get it to do one player, but it had some recognition issues and missed some of my moves, tested on Child of Eden and Kinect Adventures. Two player was horrible, it had a hard time recognizing the second player and when it did, the on screen character was twisted up like a pretzel. I worked on it for 3 days and gave up and sent it back to Amazon.

#143 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

I'm trying to decide between all the hassle but cheaper price and free goodies at best buy for wwe 12, or just use my $15 Kmart coupon and get another $20 coupon. Decisions decisions

#144 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Thanks dean. Guess I'll stuck to clearing out the living room whenever we want to play kinect.

#145 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

yea im wondering about the pm also on WWE 12 and if i preordered it in store monday will i get a $10 GC when i pick it up tuesday and get the dvd also?i was thinking i would bring the target ad in on tuesday when I come pick up the game and try to get them to pm it and still give me the $10 GC that would bring the price down to $37 for the game and the dvd you cant beat that if not ill probaly wait til BF and try to find a deal on it somewhere

All the black friday ads are out ex for Amazon and none of the big retailers have a deal for it (Amazon probibly wont either). You are better off with the price match
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#146 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

How does this $10 for Zelda work? I have the game preordered so essentially do they give you $10 in a BBY GC to use right away?

I just want to make sure I have my plan for Sunday because I want the guide for the game and I plan on using my $10 on it if possible. What I was doing is picking up Zelda, then since that's at a separate counter, getting a guide and going to the normal check outs. Just want to make sure that's how it works because I know BB employees are not the brightest of fellows. :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#147 Ryuu555

Ryuu555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

How does this $10 for Zelda work? I have the game preordered so essentially do they give you $10 in a BBY GC to use right away?

I was also going to ask about this. Do BBY GCs have a minimum wait time for activation?
My plan was to checkout, swing back around and grab one of those $10 PSP games...
Posted Image

#148 vtbones

vtbones

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

In the past they have been just regular BB gift cards and are activated and ready to be used once they have been rung up at the register. So you should be able to turn right around and use it right away.

#149 Ryuu555

Ryuu555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

In the past they have been just regular BB gift cards and are activated and ready to be used once they have been rung up at the register. So you should be able to turn right around and use it right away.

Sounds good. Thanks
Posted Image

#150 stormrage360

stormrage360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

I've bought the Wii twice before and sold it both times. But every time Zelda or a new Nintendo exclusive game comes out I get nostalgic and regret my decision. I'll be in stores Sunday to buy this and play some Skyward swords!