Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/20/11 to 11/23/11) Zelda: Skyward Sword Deals

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#211 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

Had to ask an employee of Best Buy to get my a Skyward Sword bundle--they weren't out on the shelf yet.

$54.xx out the door after reward zone certificates and tax. The $10 GC is going towards Mario Kart 7.

oIi9lub.png

#212 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Just got back from Best Buy. Price matched the WII bundle w/ free Skyward Sword from Target and the $10 GC printed also for Skyward Sword. Excellent deal

#213 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

I just went with the standard copy of Skyward Sword at Best Buy with $10 gift card. Didn't plan on getting the other edition, but I didn't even see any copies when I was there.

#214 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hello all

Don't know if this has already been posted or not but Target has Rage on temporary price cut this week for $29.99. This is for PS3, X360 and PC.

Sorry if this has been poster somewhere else!

Enjoy!

Edited by WV Matsui, 20 November 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#215 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

picked up skyward sword bundle...paid with GC, and got $10 GC back...then used $10 and 50% off strat guide coupon on CE guide for the game, came out out to a total of $10 plus change for everything today out of pocket...i'll take it!

#216 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Will wait until it's $20, maybe I'll get it used from Amazon seeing as they're much better games out for cheaper prices. And a proper FPS without MP? Please.
Thanks though.

Edited by Blabadon, 20 November 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#217 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Decent price...but I would avoid the PS3 version. There is constant texture pop-in EVERY time you move your character. It might not bother some people, but it killed the game for me. EVERY time you move even an inch, the area around you has to re-render the layers of texture. Sometimes they don't render for more than a second and the game just looks awful.

Aside from that - it's really not all the groundbreaking, shooting feels fine but the driving all over the place got really old for me, nowhere near as fun as driving around in Borderlands.

I'd rather deal with 3 discs for the 360 anyday than the PS3 texture layering issue.

#218 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Dang it. I should have waited till the Friday or Sat to pick up my RAGE from Best Buy for the 5/100. Some people with Silver Membership should have a day or two to price match.

#219 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Hello all

Don't know if this has already been posted or not but Target has Rage on temporary price cut this week for $29.99. This is for both PS3 and X360.

Sorry if this has been poster somewhere else!

Enjoy!

I don't see this listed in their flyer for this week or online.
Is this a YMMV deal?

Also, did you see the PC version for $29.99?

#220 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

I'm at Target right now and it had one a Temporary Price Cut tag below it with the dates I put in the thread title. I walk back and look for PC now.

Edit: Yes the PC version has a $29.99 tag as well!

#221 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

I just went with the standard copy of Skyward Sword at Best Buy with $10 gift card. Didn't plan on getting the other edition, but I didn't even see any copies when I was there.

The only reason I picked up the LE because it comes bundled with the motion plus. I didn't know until recently that you needed it to play the game. Plus it wasn't too bad after employee discount. ;)

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#222 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

So If you want rage at that price point (i would wait more. I know i am) you could get it before black friday so thats good. I smell a msrp drop in december for this game
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#223 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

So If you want rage at that price point (i would wait more. I know i am) you could get it before black friday so thats good. I smell a msrp drop in december for this game

True. I just know people were looking for this game at that price do I threw it up here.

I have already played through it and enjoyed it.

#224 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

True. I just know people were looking for this game at that price do I threw it up here.

I have already played through it and enjoyed it.

If you don't mind me asking - what platform did you play Rage on?

#225 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

I hope I can get this down the line, possibly for free. I wouldn't mind playing this right now, but I am cheap ;)

YouTube

#226 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

i wonder if my preorder for the bundle will still be there. i preordered mine @ gamestop.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#227 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Anybody pre-order Zelda with store pickup and receive $10 gift card?

#228 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

This game is definitely worth $30, I haven't beat it yet, but I'm having a ton of fun.

#229 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

Anybody pre-order Zelda with store pickup and receive $10 gift card?

It should prompt the cashier after they hit total on the POS. With that being said, check this out. People are going crazy over this bundle. Ebay

YouTube

#230 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Thanks for posting OP!!!

Gonna pick this up a little later when the price drops below $20.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#231 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Yea. But aren't pre-orders from Bestbuy.com transactions completed in advance?

#232 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Playing this game put me in a RAGE.. poor story, texture issues, and a bad save system. I really like the driving and gun play though.

If you play this game make sure you keep tons of saves. When you finish the game, it ends and it DOES NOT allow you to go back and finish up any races or side quests.

To make matters worse the game doesn't even tell you this before the last mission..

#233 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Will bestbuy price match amazon? just curious.

#234 cruzfactor

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

I bought the regular edition. The Best Buy at Chino Hills, CA sold out of the controller bundle. They only had it if you pre-ordered. Oh well.
"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#235 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Will wait until it's $20, maybe I'll get it used from Amazon seeing as they're much better gamed out for cheaper prices. And a proper FPS without MP? Please.
Thanks though.

Ditto, won't be long before the game is $20 or less.

#236 argyle

argyle

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Just jumped on that Skylanders $50 deal @ Amazon. Had some credit that I was thinking about using for KOFXIII, but I really don't need another fighting game right now after picking up UMvC3 the other day. Plus I just snagged a Whirlwind from Target the other night, so I'm ready to checkout Skylanders. :)
Posted Image

#237 porieux

porieux

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

I rented this from Redbox and I would not pay $10 for it. Even DNF was better.

#238 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

Ditto, won't be long before the game is $20 or less.

This. It's the flop of the year imo. It'll keep dropping fast.

#239 cman

cman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

I picked up Zelda: Skyward Sword LE bundle at my Best Buy. Here's a word of advice to those looking for it. If it is not on the shelf, ask one of the employees to check the back. When I went to my bestbuy, the employee had to go into a box in the back to get my copy and the guide. Ignore the sold out notice online and check out the store to see if they have any. My store had a whole box of them despite the sold out online notice. The sold out notice actually helps here as people cannot order via in store pick up to hold or hoard copies. They have to actually get up and go to the store. Late, lazy bird will not get the worm today.:lol:

#240 boylover

boylover

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Nice! Now I don't have to bother going to Best Buy or GameStop on Black Friday!! :D