Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/20/11 to 11/23/11) Zelda: Skyward Sword Deals

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#241 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

The only reason I picked up the LE because it comes bundled with the motion plus. I didn't know until recently that you needed it to play the game. Plus it wasn't too bad after employee discount. ;)

If I didn't have one of the newer remotes with motion plus built-in, I would have gone for it. I don't like how it sticks out when adding it to the old remotes. But since I already had one built-in, really no need for it unless I wanted a special zelda remote.

#242 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

If I didn't have one of the newer remotes with motion plus built-in, I would have gone for it. I don't like how it sticks out when adding it to the old remotes. But since I already had one built-in, really no need for it unless I wanted a special zelda remote.

Good point. It's still pretty awesome that you get the ten dollar gift card regardless. I'm positive that's the best deal on this bundle so far.

Yea. But aren't pre-orders from Bestbuy.com transactions completed in advance?

That's correct. I know the pre-order copies are always at customer service. At least that's how it is at my store.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#243 smallsharkbigbite

smallsharkbigbite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Just to clarify the LE bundle comes with a remote w/ built in wii motion plus. It does not attach to the old controllers, but is a controller itself. I already had one, but I thought it would be good for some two player wii sports resort fun.

#244 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

This. It's the flop of the year imo. It'll keep dropping fast.

shouldnt that title be given to a game like Call or Juarez or brink? I wouldnt exactly call RAGE the flop of the year, I felt it was a good game.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#245 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

I see a $20 msrp by march. This game will have the same fate as Brink, over promise and under deliver.

#246 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I agree Daz, CoJ: the cartel was such a huge flop after the amazing bound in blood.

as for Rage, its not amazing but its still good, i enjoyed it when i rented it , might make the purchase now, thanks op :D

#247 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I rented this from Redbox and I would not pay $10 for it. Even DNF was better.

Where to begin.

#248 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hello all

Don't know if this has already been posted or not but Target has Rage on temporary price cut this week for $29.99. This is for PS3, X360 and PC.

Sorry if this has been poster somewhere else!

Enjoy!

Website still shows $59.99...must be a ymmv thing?

Edit: damn phone lol

#249 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

I rented this from Redbox and I would not pay $10 for it. Even DNF was better.

Well it's a good thing I own both now.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#250 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Yeah it's a regular sized wii mote, the motion plus is built into the guts. It's the whole reason I waned the bundle!
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#251 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

No way this game is in the same category as Brink, CoJ etc.

It's not GOTY or anything but it is a solid 8/10.

And for those talking about the texture pops. There are those in Skyrim as well and it doesn't bother me or make me think it will be in the bargain bin...ever!

If you were looking for his game in BF here is your price and you can get it today at that price and not worry about going or it on BF.

#252 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

bought it @ BB, went to TRU first but it was bs cause they said the $10 GC is only for the regular version

#253 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

Rage was a huge disappointment for me. The story sucked, the ending sucked, the graphics were great but sucked at the same time (on the ps3) with all the textures loading every freaking time you turn around. I would until $20 or lower.

#254 outunderstars

outunderstars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Picked up the Zelda, now I just need Wii! :)

#255 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Thanks a ton OP. Also thanks to cancerman 1120 - counted my 45 days incorrectly, but your post made me recount them. Going to BB now to PM Rage on the 5/$100 deal.
Posted Image

#256 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Just to clarify the LE bundle comes with a remote w/ built in wii motion plus. It does not attach to the old controllers, but is a controller itself. I already had one, but I thought it would be good for some two player wii sports resort fun.

Yeah, I have one already with it built-in, and I have the add-on that came with Wii Sports Resort. Good deal if you need one built-in.

#257 outunderstars

outunderstars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

does anyone know if the WWE 12 deal at target is in stores too or online only?

instore as well.

#258 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Price matched Frys $39.96 price at Best Buy and still got the $10 gift card. Was going to try Kmart but my local store never has anything out on day one and I didn't want it to ruin my mood on Zelda day.

#259 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

If I could price match this at Best Buy I would pick it up using my $10 Zelda GC. Alas I will likely just wait until it $20 or lower in the coming months. Rented this and was enjoying it until I had to return it.

#260 PepsiDriver

PepsiDriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Awesome deal on Zelda! Grabbed it using a $15 game coupon and getting the $20 one. So yeah, it's like $14.99 for it!

I'm now a regular at Kmart. The cashier said, "Another game?" and smiled. She then said she just got a 3DS and wants the new Mario and Skylanders. It also helps that I fill up their snack machine in the break room. I seriously walk into Kmart 3-4 times a week now. It's my need to keep swiping the SYW rewards card.

Posted Image

#261 ryamkajr

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

Just curious. Is there any sort of mod community built up around the game or the toolset yet? I know iD has not yet released the toolset (or at least I think they have not) but I would like to see what (if anything) the community can do.

#262 bic

bic

Calm down francis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

The cashier said, "Another game?" and smiled. She then said she just got a 3DS and wants the new Mario and Skylanders. It also helps that I fill up their snack machine in the break room. I seriously walk into Kmart 3-4 times a week now. It's my need to keep swiping the SYW rewards card.

You hittin' that?

#263 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

shouldnt that title be given to a game like Call or Juarez or brink? I wouldnt exactly call RAGE the flop of the year, I felt it was a good game.

I forgot about Brink.

#264 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Website still shows $59.99...must be a ymmv thing?

Edit: damn phone lol

I was just in target about 20 minutes ago. The price was $30 here so I don't think it's a YMMV situation

#265 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

I was at my Best Buy at about 11:30 and they had 10+ copies of the bundle.

#266 kobeisgod

kobeisgod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Was about to go buy it until I read about the texture problems on ps3. No patch can fix that? I guess I'll wait for another $10 drop

#267 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

No way this game is in the same category as Brink, CoJ etc.

It's not GOTY or anything but it is a solid 8/10.

And for those talking about the texture pops. There are those in Skyrim as well and it doesn't bother me or make me think it will be in the bargain bin...ever!

If you were looking for his game in BF here is your price and you can get it today at that price and not worry about going or it on BF.

Not even CLOSE on the texture pop in with Skyrim. Rage has the wost texture pop in of any game this generation on any console by a long shot. The shooting is good, that's it. The AI is formulaic. The story sucks. The driving is unnecessary. Id give the game a 6 if it didn't have the texture issue...but with it on the ps3 gets a 4. For me its unplayable.

You literally look at a wall and watch the texture pop in over a second...turn away and watch the same thing...turn back to the SAME wall and the texture pops in again. Its like that with everything. Skyrim doesn't do that. To my knowledge no other game in console history has done that.

#268 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Was about to go buy it until I read about the texture problems on ps3. No patch can fix that? I guess I'll wait for another $10 drop

If anything buy it used at gamestop just to try since you can return it there within a week
It might not bother you as much as others. For me its a crippling flaw.

#269 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

If anything buy it used at gamestop just to try since you can return it there within a week
It might not bother you as much as others. For me its a crippling flaw.

I've seen some of the PS3 gameplay videos on youtube, that shit would absolutely drive me bonkers!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#270 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Damn didn't realize this would turn into a Rage review thread...