No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (PS3) $19.99 at Amazon

Well, good news is i'm sending my 2 copies back to them because of the chips around the edges. So there's your restock haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']Well, good news is i'm sending my 2 copies back to them because of the chips around the edges. So there's your restock haha[/QUOTE]

does the chips affects the quality of the game?

This is one of my favorite games, but I can't seriously recommend it without the Move. Lack of motion control breaks this game.

I actually fully intend to buy Move solely for this game someday when it gets cheap.

[quote name='coopx']does the chips affects the quality of the game?[/QUOTE]
well, I say no but I'm no expert. People discuss about how the weight is not evenly distribute when it spins and wears out your PS3 faster. I honestly don't know, but I really don't care, I'd play it anyways.
I already own one copy from Amazon, just bought those 2 to flip but Bestbuy TIV tanked and I worry that with the chips, Amazon won't accept it. So I just return it.

[quote name='kouleefoh']well, I say no but I'm no expert. People discuss about how the weight is not evenly distribute when it spins and wears out your PS3 faster. I honestly don't know, but I really don't care, I'd play it anyways.
I already own one copy from Amazon, just bought those 2 to flip but Bestbuy TIV tanked and I worry that with the chips, Amazon won't accept it. So I just return it.[/QUOTE]

and what if the chip gets larger or fragments while spinning and shoots shards all inside your ps3? No thanks.. how anyone would be unconcerned about that is a mystery to me.

I think i may pick this up for 20 bucks... not sure if it will hit any lower

[quote name='Kenshindono']and what if the chip gets larger or fragments while spinning and shoots shards all inside your ps3? No thanks.. how anyone would be unconcerned about that is a mystery to me.

I think i may pick this up for 20 bucks... not sure if it will hit any lower[/QUOTE]

I think you may be overthinking the whole "chipped disc" issue and thinking of possible outcomes that are seriously unlikely. I mean electricty has been known to cause fires but that doesn't mean I'm gonna sit in the dark. Its like those Toshiba commercials where zombies come because they dont use an impact resistant HD in their laptop. But its your choice what you put in your ps3 or xbox so you can base the decision however you like.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I think you may be overthinking the whole "chipped disc" issue and thinking of possible outcomes that are seriously unlikely. I mean electricty has been known to cause fires but that doesn't mean I'm gonna sit in the dark. Its like those Toshiba commercials where zombies come because they dont use an impact resistant HD in their laptop. But its your choice what you put in your ps3 or xbox so you can base the decision however you like.[/QUOTE]

no, you shouldn't sit in the dark: but would you use an exposed outlet with a very loose connection? I would hope not. That would be a much better analogy. The point is its physically damaged and anyone who cares about their stuff shouldn't try putting it in their system.

I just ordered this with the spyro back and a copy of legend of heroes.. hopefully LOH comes in fine this time

[quote name='Kenshindono']no, you shouldn't sit in the dark: but would you use an exposed outlet with a very loose connection? I would hope not. That would be a much better analogy. The point is its physically damaged and anyone who cares about their stuff shouldn't try putting it in their system.

I just ordered this with the spyro back and a copy of legend of heroes.. hopefully LOH comes in fine this time[/QUOTE]

Well an exposed wall outlet with a lose connection poses a proven safety concern. I don't think anyone has had one of these chipped discs implode inside their console yet so as of right now we are only speculating that they are actually harmful to the console.

But either way its not worth an internet pissing contest... you have your opinion and it sounds like you will pass on gamefly sales and I have mine and don't mind risking the chipped discs but neither is wrong.

If you never played No More Heroes and have a move (this game doesn't work well without the move), then it's a must buy for that price. Personally one of my favorite Wii games.

Now I am holding off for $10 maybe $15 for it. I love No More Heroes but I don't really need a HD upgrade of a game sitting right on my shelf as we speak :lol:.

My Gamefly copy should be here later on today! Amazon should've had it at this price during their lightning deal, and I wouldn't bought it back then.

I got this on a lightning deal for $28 a couple months ago and just started it yesterday. I can't recommend it enough, even with the minor screen tearing. Great price!

[quote name='Buuhan1']This is one of my favorite games, but I can't seriously recommend it without the Move. Lack of motion control breaks this game.

I actually fully intend to buy Move solely for this game someday when it gets cheap.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If you never played No More Heroes and have a move (this game doesn't work well without the move), then it's a must buy for that price. Personally one of my favorite Wii games.

Now I am holding off for $10 maybe $15 for it. I love No More Heroes but I don't really need a HD upgrade of a game sitting right on my shelf as we speak :lol:.[/QUOTE]

They must have patched this then because Games Radar stated the game is actually worse with the move -

"The other main problem with the game stems from the Move controller itself, and we recommend not playing with the Move controller at all. It's another case of the game being translated directly onto the PS3 without any improvement, and without consideration for the new platform. See, it seems that the Move controller's accelerometer isn't as sensitive as the Wii remote's. This affects one specific aspect of gameplay, but it's an infuriating one. Despite the game avoiding the repetitiveness of constant waggle, it makes a horrible misstep for the sake of goofiness while sacrificing the player's comfort: as Travis fights dudes with his laser sword, the battery runs down, and in order to recharge the battery, you must shake the controller. The joke is that it makes you look like you're jerking off - har har - which may amuse you for about a second the first time you realize it. But then you have to shake the goddamn controller during every fight. On the Wii this was already obnoxious, but the Move controller makes it literally painful: you have to shake that thing really, really hard, which means your arm is going to cramp up fast. It's unbelievable that there's no option to do it some other way, like mashing a button.

If you switch to the Sixaxis, you still have to shake the controller, but the accelerometer is much more sensitive, meaning you don't have to act like you're trying to murder the damn thing. Unfortunately, it also means that some of the special moves involved when you kill enemies are a bit more awkward on the Sixaxis, as they were clearly designed for swinging a remote. So neither option is ideal, but we recommend going with the Sixaxis, which is annoying to have to recommend if you've invested in the Move and the game clearly supports it as a selling point."

The problem with using the Dualshock over the Move is it takes simplistically addictive controls and makes them... not. With the Move you merely have to move the controller from pointing up at your ceiling to pointing at your TV to change from High Stance to Low Stance and vice versa, while pressing the attack button to attack in whichever stance you have the Move facing or by pulling the trigger button to perform a guard break/stun in that stance. Basically with this control scheme you never have to change your fingers to press another button, unless you need to recharge your Beam Katana.

With the Dualshock however to replicate that motion control you have to use the four face buttons. Square is attack Low Stance, Triangle is attack High Stance, X is break/stun Low Stance, Circle is break/stun High Stance.

The game was designed around motion controls in a non-gimmicky way, to deliver a good control scheme for motion controls. Because of that it really doesn't transfer well to a traditional controller. I have heard tho that the Move is less responsive for this port than the Wiimote was on the original Wii, but it still would be the ideal way.

How much cheaper do you guys think it'll go for a new copy? I'm debating because of my huge backlog and the fact that pretty much all the GameFly games/sales are gone for the month. I really wish I could've gotten in on the $9.99 deal.

bread's done
Back