UK Black Friday Amazon Deals Week

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=98]25868[/IMG-R]Remember the Black Friday Amazon deal shenanigans from last year? Turns out it's happening all over again, with Amazon's unique brand of short-lived bargains being posted throughout the day. As with last year, deals are posted in cryptic form, so feel free to speculate on what these are.

Friday 25th November
2:45pm - WWE All Stars - 3DS
4:00pm - WWE '12 (360/PS3)
5:00pm - "Surrender is not an option on Black Friday." - Probably Killzone 3 (PS3)
8:00pm - "Come on down - we’re going the extra mile."

Check out all the deals here, and keep an eye on this post for updates.[/preview]

Past days:
Monday 21st November
10:30am - "Lose your breath in the thrill of the chase" - Driver: San Francisco
2:30pm - "Lose your breath in the thrill of the chase" - Driver: San Francisco
5:45pm - "So good they named him twice" - probably The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
6:30pm - "Every choice has a consequence; determine your destiny" - X-Men Destiny

Tuesday 22nd November
8:45am - "Take the platinum fight to a new city" - Saints Row: The Third - Platinum Pack, £69.99
10:15am - "All's well that ends Maxwell" - Super Scribblenauts, £6.99
10:15am - "Gear up for gaming warfare" - Gioteck EX-05 & Ammo Clip Bundle, £55.99
10:15am - "Gear up for gaming warfare"
12:00pm - "This one will have you in a spin" - Just Dance 2, £8.97
1:00pm - "We got a feeling this one's a winner" - The Black Eyed Peas Experience, £17.37
2:00pm - "You are the hero" - Powerup Heroes, £9.77
3:00pm - "A thriller of a game" - Michael Jackson: The Experience
6:45pm - "See him move through smoke and mirrors" - Goldeneye 007

Wednesday 23rd November (No clues today, just the game names.)
9.45am - Rock Band 3 keyboard and game bundle (Wii/360)
11.15am - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy (PS3)

Thursday 24th November
8:30am - Asphalt 3D
9:45am - Saints Row: The Third
11:45am - Turtle Beach DP11 Headset (360)
11:45am - Turtle Beach DP11 Headset (PS3)
6:00pm - My Fitness Coach Club with camera (Wii)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterdays email previewing todays offers had Driver: San Fran in it, so the chase one must be that!

[quote name='Pascual']Got driver in my basket but not sure if I want to pull the trigger...[/QUOTE]

haha, got the same dilemma here too...

[quote name='Viper139']I will be keeping an eye on amazon all week, hoping for a cheap gaming latop and some cheap games. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm holding out for a Wii, they were going for £50 last year.

Need me some Skyward Sword.

[quote name='B00mer182']X-men: Destiny??[/QUOTE]

Sure...i think that´s one....that's the one quote showing up on google.

Not to plug a shop, but Gamestation are doing pre-owned wii's with Skyward Sword limited box (Has the gold wii remote) for £100. The game itself with the box and stuff is £60 retail, so not a bad deal for those who want to fork out a fortune for Zelda.

Hopefully they'll have a Wii cheap again and I'll be about. Might be tempted to grab one if it's at a decent price.

Almost bought Photoshop Elements 10, but then I bought version 9 in last years sale and hardly used it.

Tin tin or Mario for the so good they named him twice.
Browsing the Amazon discussion group someone claims that "Every choice has a consequence" is quoted on the back of a Fable game? My first instinct was Heavy Rain but I doubt it.

Finally see the deals. Deal stream doesn't show up in Opera :(
Doesn't look anywhere near as good as last year from what I've seen.

So good they named him twice was indeed TinTin for PS3 and Xbox for £10.49

Yeah I had tintin in my basket and immediately deleted it - Doesn't seem like a great game and I may as well invest that time into Skyrim.
Just one more for today then?

EDIT: thoroughly disappointing finish: £19.57 for Xmen: Destiny on the ps3? no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xmen? Seriously? And ONLY on the PS3? Shocking end to a day filled with some very average games at very average prices.

Tuesday 22 November Game Deals...

8:45 AM - "Take the platinum fight to a new city"
10:15 AM - "All’s well that ends Maxwell"
10:15 AM - "Gear up for gaming warfare"
10:15 AM - "Gear up for gaming warfare"
12:00 PM - "This one will have you in a spin"
1:00 PM - "We got a feeling this one's a winner"
2:00 PM - "You are the hero"
3:00 PM - "A thriller of a game"
6:45 PM - "See him move through smoke and mirrors"

I'm guessing:

"All’s well that ends Maxwell" - Scribblenauts
"Gear up for gaming warfare" - Gears 3
"This one will have you in a spin" - Top Spin 4
"You are the hero" - inFAMOUS 2
"A thriller of a game" - Michael Jackson: The Experience
"See him move through smoke and mirrors" - Goldeneye 007

[quote name='John']I'm guessing:

"All’s well that ends Maxwell" - Scribblenauts
"Gear up for gaming warfare" - Gears 3
"This one will have you in a spin" - Top Spin 4
"You are the hero" - inFAMOUS 2
"A thriller of a game" - Michael Jackson: The Experience
"See him move through smoke and mirrors" - Goldeneye 007[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Fable 3 for "You are the hero"

[quote name='B00mer182']I was thinking Fable 3 for "You are the hero"[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah - you're probably right.

Not overly excited by any of the deals today though. (The obvious ones, at least.)

Yeah i know what your saying...they didnt start slipping surprises in till the end of the week last year if i remember correctly

Where's my £50 Wii?

All these games that are going on sale are super cheap anyway, I wouldn't call £15 down to £10 much of a "Black Friday Lightning Deal"...

8:45 AM - "Take the platinum fight to a new city" - MadWorld, Vanquish?
10:15 AM - "Gear up for gaming warfare" Either Gears of War 3 or some peripherals
1:00 PM - "We got a feeling this one's a winner" Black Eyed Peas Experience?
6:45 PM - "See him move through smoke and mirrors" Definitely Goldeneye 007. Probably Wii version.

Huh I had no idea Saints Row The Third even had a platinum pack. Seems it comes with some sort of voice changing headset.

How do you guys still got surprised...
:roll:

Just google the sentence.... that platinum reference and the new city, got me straight to Saints Row....

The "gear up for gaming warfare" can't be Gears of War 3, since it's two separate listings. So... Modern Warfare 2? Surely it's too soon for MW3.

[quote name='Naok1']How do you guys still got surprised...
:roll:

Just google the sentence.... that platinum reference and the new city, got me straight to Saints Row....[/QUOTE]

We don't know how to google things. Also, we are lazy.

Tempted by the Saints Row set, but then I realise they headset would be useless so I'm not going to bother.

[quote name='Boardwise']Tempted by the Saints Row set, but then I realise they headset would be useless so I'm not going to bother.[/QUOTE]

Not being able to use it with Xbox Live seems like a dumb move.

[quote name='John']Not being able to use it with Xbox Live seems like a dumb move.[/QUOTE]
Thought it was only not compatible with PSN?

[quote name='Boardwise']Thought it was only not compatible with PSN?[/QUOTE]

According to the Amazon page:
For use with 3.5MM audio input and smart-phone devices only. Headset is NOT COMPATIBLE with Xbox Live.

Although you'd think that a 3.5mm > 2.5mm adapter would sort that out.

It says different things depending on what version of the game you look at. Says NOT COMPATIBLE with Xbox Live if you choose the X360 version and NOT COMPATIBLE with PlayStation Network if you choose the PS3 version.

[quote name='John']The "gear up for gaming warfare" can't be Gears of War 3, since it's two separate listings. So... Modern Warfare 2? Surely it's too soon for MW3.
[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it's Modern Warfare 3 peripherals.

[quote name='John']According to the Amazon page:

Although you'd think that a 3.5mm > 2.5mm adapter would sort that out.[/QUOTE]
Ahh was forgetting that the 360 adapter is smaller

[quote name='mikehaggar99']It says different things depending on what version of the game you look at. Says NOT COMPATIBLE with Xbox Live if you choose the X360 version and NOT COMPATIBLE with PlayStation Network if you choose the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]
You're right. Forgot to click on the 360 bit.

This sale is so lackluster so far. It's all socks and dog food. I hope they're just holding out for actual Black Friday to give us the awesome deals like £50 consoles.

bread's done
Back