Target - Modern Warfare 3 Hardened $49.98 YMMV

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

I know this may need to go in the clearance thread but I thought this deal was so good it had to be brought up so everyone would see it. I was at the Midland, MI Target looking through the clearance games and I stumbled upon the MW3 Hardened Edition on clearance for $49.98! It was for 360 and I didn't see a PS3 version either. This may be YMMV. I guess maybe they are clearancing out stuff to make room for black friday. They also had Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for $5.98, Red Faction: Armageddon for $8.98, and lots of other titles for $8.98.

Posted Image

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#2 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Wow. Nice find. It's been sold out locally as far as I can tell from the stock checker.

:beer:

#3 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Yeah that is pretty insane. Buy that and sell on ebay would be what I would do.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Fuck! That is all.

#5 Hoffy

Hoffy

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

I found one of these (Target Clearance) actually at Goodwill for $50 a few days ago. I thought I got lucky but when I brought it home, the disc was completely ruined and all the codes were used. Maybe I'll actually have better luck getting it directly from Target!

#6 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

make sure it's sealed! I recall someone guy mentioning he found a used/returned/open box one (at Target I believe). He told the manager he'd buy it if he could verify that the codes worked. Elite and Founder codes were gone lol. This might have been Jimmie (some CAG I see posting in BB threads often)

#7 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

I know this may need to go in the clearance thread but I thought this deal was so good it had to be brought up so everyone would see it. I was at the Midland, MI Target looking through the clearance games and I stumbled upon the MW3 Hardened Edition on clearance for $49.98! It was for 360 and I didn't see a PS3 version either. This may be YMMV. I guess maybe they are clearancing out stuff to make room for black friday. They also had Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for $5.98, Red Faction: Armageddon for $8.98, and lots of other titles for $8.98.

Posted Image

Good deal!

I just hate Target's spider holders.

Ruins perfectly nice collector edition boxes.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#8 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

i think this happened with a couple other CE of games at target, nice pick up OP and i'll check mine before black friday hits, what a awesome price B^)

#9 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Yeah that is pretty insane. Buy that and sell on ebay would be what I would do.

My thoughts exactly. I'd sell that mofo

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#10 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

dang, I found the PS3 version today, but for 69.98.
the PS3's # is: 207 24 1098

#11 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

dang, I found the PS3 version today, but for 69.98.
the PS3's # is: 207 24 1098

I'd totally get it for that price.

#12 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

FML and the hell I went thru for this. Wonder if I should try to PM the receipt and see if it dropped in that stores system..but I doubt it, it'd be just my luck. Only played 2 hours of this game. probably won't touch it again w/ SR the 3rd, NFS the Run (just ordered), and some others that I'm way more into..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#13 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Not bad at all.. I think I am gonna swing by my local target and check out what deals they have in-store as well.. Out of the 12 games I wanted to get on black friday I only ave MW3 and skyrim left!

#14 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Great find. I'm not going to waste my time, though, because my Targets always have AWFUL selection.
Posted Image

#15 BFox549

BFox549

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

this is probably a no, but would the elite membership in the xbox bundle work for PS3 too?
XXX Straight Edge 4 Life XXX
i <3 DeadSpace

#16 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

I may have to check target sometime for Red Faction but that is a heck of a steal for hardened, and well if you don't plan to keep it, you can make a few bucks off it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#17 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

My thoughts exactly. I'd sell that mofo

That's what I would do as well.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#18 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Very very YMMV, I will check later today.

#19 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

not to sounds dumb, but what is YMMV?

#20 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

^ It's ok, you'll get the CAG jargon as you stay here longer. It means "your mileage may vary" which means not everyone can get on this deal because clearance is at the discretion of the store.

ithebigc.png

#21 ewiz06

ewiz06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

not to sounds dumb, but what is YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary

#22 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

I know it means Your Mileage May Vary, but to me for CAG it makes more sense for it to mean "Your Market May Vary" since clearance games are different prices in different regions/markets.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#23 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I found one of these (Target Clearance) actually at Goodwill for $50 a few days ago. I thought I got lucky but when I brought it home, the disc was completely ruined and all the codes were used. Maybe I'll actually have better luck getting it directly from Target!

Couldn't you take it back to activision, since we are definitely with 30-90 days of the titles release?

#24 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

this is probably a no, but would the elite membership in the xbox bundle work for PS3 too?

Yes, I actually think it does give you the maps on both systems. The Elite membership is tied to an email account separate from LIVE/ PSN and you have to link to LIVE/ PSN the first time you use it.

One day I will test this when I get another PS3 copy.

#25 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

Nice and all, but percentage wise not different that regular Target clearance. Just seems like a better deal on such an expensive item to start with.

#26 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

I'm trying to avoid going to work on my day off, and you post THIS? Jk. If I found this my friend would #-o. Thanks OP.

#27 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

This is a great price on MW3, but gah..I can't stand this game. And I love the other CoDs.
Posted Image

#28 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm gonna chalk this up to "extremely lucky find." My store in a relatively decent sized market only got 2 copies per platform.

#29 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

No go @ any stores for ps3 or xbox in the bay area. Nice find.

#30 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Was an extremely lucky find, my local target only has a lot of junk games. Picked up HawX 2 and a few other games for 5 bucks, so at least my trip wasnt a total waste. Hopefully other ppl are more lucky than I am