Target - Modern Warfare 3 Hardened $49.98 YMMV

jle7385

Banned
I know this may need to go in the clearance thread but I thought this deal was so good it had to be brought up so everyone would see it. I was at the Midland, MI Target looking through the clearance games and I stumbled upon the MW3 Hardened Edition on clearance for $49.98! It was for 360 and I didn't see a PS3 version either. This may be YMMV. I guess maybe they are clearancing out stuff to make room for black friday. They also had Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for $5.98, Red Faction: Armageddon for $8.98, and lots of other titles for $8.98.

photo.jpg

I found one of these (Target Clearance) actually at Goodwill for $50 a few days ago. I thought I got lucky but when I brought it home, the disc was completely ruined and all the codes were used. Maybe I'll actually have better luck getting it directly from Target!

make sure it's sealed! I recall someone guy mentioning he found a used/returned/open box one (at Target I believe). He told the manager he'd buy it if he could verify that the codes worked. Elite and Founder codes were gone lol. This might have been Jimmie (some CAG I see posting in BB threads often)

[quote name='jle7385']I know this may need to go in the clearance thread but I thought this deal was so good it had to be brought up so everyone would see it. I was at the Midland, MI Target looking through the clearance games and I stumbled upon the MW3 Hardened Edition on clearance for $49.98! It was for 360 and I didn't see a PS3 version either. This may be YMMV. I guess maybe they are clearancing out stuff to make room for black friday. They also had Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for $5.98, Red Faction: Armageddon for $8.98, and lots of other titles for $8.98.

photo.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Good deal!

I just hate Target's spider holders.

Ruins perfectly nice collector edition boxes.

i think this happened with a couple other CE of games at target, nice pick up OP and i'll check mine before black friday hits, what a awesome price B^)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah that is pretty insane. Buy that and sell on ebay would be what I would do.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I'd sell that mofo

[quote name='JediKiller24']dang, I found the PS3 version today, but for 69.98.
the PS3's # is: 207 24 1098[/QUOTE]

I'd totally get it for that price.

FML and the hell I went thru for this. Wonder if I should try to PM the receipt and see if it dropped in that stores system..but I doubt it, it'd be just my luck. Only played 2 hours of this game. probably won't touch it again w/ SR the 3rd, NFS the Run (just ordered), and some others that I'm way more into..

Not bad at all.. I think I am gonna swing by my local target and check out what deals they have in-store as well.. Out of the 12 games I wanted to get on black friday I only ave MW3 and skyrim left!

I may have to check target sometime for Red Faction but that is a heck of a steal for hardened, and well if you don't plan to keep it, you can make a few bucks off it.

^ It's ok, you'll get the CAG jargon as you stay here longer. It means "your mileage may vary" which means not everyone can get on this deal because clearance is at the discretion of the store.

I know it means Your Mileage May Vary, but to me for CAG it makes more sense for it to mean "Your Market May Vary" since clearance games are different prices in different regions/markets.

[quote name='Hoffy']I found one of these (Target Clearance) actually at Goodwill for $50 a few days ago. I thought I got lucky but when I brought it home, the disc was completely ruined and all the codes were used. Maybe I'll actually have better luck getting it directly from Target![/QUOTE]
Couldn't you take it back to activision, since we are definitely with 30-90 days of the titles release?

[quote name='BFox549']this is probably a no, but would the elite membership in the xbox bundle work for PS3 too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I actually think it does give you the maps on both systems. The Elite membership is tied to an email account separate from LIVE/ PSN and you have to link to LIVE/ PSN the first time you use it.

One day I will test this when I get another PS3 copy.

Nice and all, but percentage wise not different that regular Target clearance. Just seems like a better deal on such an expensive item to start with.

I'm trying to avoid going to work on my day off, and you post THIS? Jk. If I found this my friend would #-o. Thanks OP.

I'm gonna chalk this up to "extremely lucky find." My store in a relatively decent sized market only got 2 copies per platform.

Was an extremely lucky find, my local target only has a lot of junk games. Picked up HawX 2 and a few other games for 5 bucks, so at least my trip wasnt a total waste. Hopefully other ppl are more lucky than I am

[quote name='MochaRaf']Was an extremely lucky find, my local target only has a lot of junk games. Picked up HawX 2 and a few other games for 5 bucks, so at least my trip wasnt a total waste. Hopefully other ppl are more lucky than I am[/QUOTE]

I'm happy for you. Indeed, this is CAG Season and this was certainly an unexpected find.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']not to sounds dumb, but what is YMMV?[/QUOTE]

It means, "Yo Mama May Vary," and is the worst insult a CAGer can give to a fellow CAGer. You must find the fiend at once and thrash him for insulting your mother's honor

[quote name='kellte2']I'm happy for you. Indeed, this is CAG Season and this was certainly an unexpected find.[/QUOTE]

It sure was, and thank you. Aside from the couple of games i bought for 5 bucks, i was also able to get a better version of Rage with bonus material for the same price as the regular rage edition that i bought this morning BB for the PS early access sale.

[quote name='darooster']It means, "Yo Mama May Vary," and is the worst insult a CAGer can give to a fellow CAGer. You must find the fiend at once and thrash him for insulting your mother's honor[/QUOTE]

Hilarious :cool:

Found one at my local Target... it was 30% off and for the PS3 vs the 50% off as stated in the OP. Was really surprised and I went ahead an picked it up.

What's the deal with target and these crazy clearance deals? Why blow out stock so close to release? Gears 3 LE for $20 and now this. Weird.

3 targets today and no luck with this. Did score some Amazon $25 cards at 50% off though. Pretty sure that's a once in a lifetime deal

[quote name='shadowkast']3 targets today and no luck with this. Did score some Amazon $25 cards at 50% off though. Pretty sure that's a once in a lifetime deal[/QUOTE]

if I saw that, I would've cleaned them out... it's not hoarding if you're going to use it :)

[quote name='Gamer SDP']if I saw that, I would've cleaned them out... it's not hoarding if you're going to use it :)[/QUOTE]

There were only 3. Trust me, between 2 kids and myself i would have bought $300 worth of them if they had them

[quote name='foreinter']Can anyone post the DCPI for xbox or ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

You didn't happen to see the :360: DPCI in that HUGE image on the first post??? ;)

Anyways - here they are again:
:ps3: 207 24 1098
:360: 207 22 1098

I am gonna hit up the other two target up here tomorrow to see what they got left. I am still fairly new to the small town area I am in, so I didnt realize until I got home and did a store locator search that there are two other Targets in this area.. Maybe ill have more luck tomorrow!

[quote name='spideymike']You didn't happen to see the :360: DPCI in that HUGE image on the first post??? ;)

Anyways - here they are again:
:ps3: 207 24 1098
:360: 207 22 1098[/QUOTE]

My bad. Thank you so much for pointing it out.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']What site do I use for the DCPI? I get an error when I google it and click the target link.[/QUOTE]

check out the target clearance thread. I'm kinda upset there arent any in my area...oh well

Thanks op, I lucked out and found one for a friend. Anybody know if target will price adjust the one I got release week because of the quick drop. I still have the receipt.

bread's done
Back