Dragon Age Origins PS3 $4.99 Free Ship BB.com USED

kerouac kid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
130 (100%)
Dragon Age

The purchase of 2 or more used games receives a 20% off discount. $8.58 for me otd.

TIV at Amazon is $7.00

I have a store pickup later today for X-Men trilogy. I added 2 of these for pickup & will drop them at the UPS Store on my way home.

Thought about it but realized the ultimate edition has $120 worth of DLC and that made me stop. I rather wait for a deal on that version which currently sells for $29.99

[quote name='kerouac kid']Dragon Age

The purchase of 2 or more used games receives a 20% off discount. $8.58 for me otd.

TIV at Amazon is $7.00

I have a store pickup later today for X-Men trilogy. I added 2 of these for pickup & will drop them at the UPS Store on my way home.[/QUOTE]

So you are making a profit for $5.42 for all that hassle? You must live on minimum wage.

Just food for thought...

You can buy Dragon Age Origins for 4.99
Buy a used copy of the Ultimate Edition from Gamestop. Rip the DLC to your harddrive, return the used copy within 7 days to GS (per their return policy)...

and you've got yourself a 4.99 Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. :)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just food for thought...

Buy a used copy of the Ultimate Edition from Gamestop. Rip the DLC to your harddrive, return the used copy within 7 days to GS (per their return policy)...

and you've got yourself a 4.99 Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. :)[/QUOTE]

This right here!

LOL. It is posts like this that make me love CAG.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']7 days to GS (per their return policy)...

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, but just so people know; didn't GS change their policy to 3 days recently? They got sick of people renting games from them :lol:

[quote name='Jurassic425']Oh yeah, but just so people know; didn't GS change their policy to 3 days recently? They got sick of people renting games from them :lol:[/QUOTE]

Did they? I haven't done the DLC rip since Fallout 3 lol if they changed to 3 days I'll change my post.

*edit* downloaded the return policy .pdf from their website, still 7 days.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Did they? I haven't done the DLC rip since Fallout 3 lol if they changed to 3 days I'll change my post.

*edit* downloaded the return policy .pdf from their website, still 7 days.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, good to know! I remember reading specifically on this site that they had changed it to three days to prevent people from abusing the system. Anyway good for me, I have Dead Space half finished from a rental a while back. I guess GS can help me out with that, lol!

EDIT: Here's a question for you guys. When you return a used item within 7 days, do they take back the PUR points that you earned for that item? I'm not thinking about going crazy to abuse the system, but I think it'd be funny if you got to keep the points.

How do you know someone hasn't already used them?

[quote name='Blabadon']How do you know someone hasn't already used them?[/QUOTE]

They rip straight off the disk, no code, no internet access needed. Just pop the disk into your PS3 (system I use) and download.

[quote name='Blabadon']How do you know someone hasn't already used them?[/QUOTE]

I think that the DLC comes on disc in the Ultimate Edition. If you install it to your HD you can then play it using the disc from the original DA:O if you have a copy.

Well, I got fucked. I placed an order for one 2 minutes ago, then re-read the OP about getting 2 copies for $8 with the discount, I cancelled my order, went to re-order, and it's no longer available for shipping and is unavailable at all my local BB's.

Edit: Well, shipping wasn't an option to choose, but after it brought my to the screen to select a store (none were available) I clicked 'Continue' and it brought me to the complete order page with my shipping address on it..here's hoping it works!

Thanks OP. Got 2 copies, locked in 1 for Amazon trade-in. $1.60 for a copy is pretty great.

With that suggestion on getting the DLC from the Gamestop disc, this should be a great deal.

I don't understand CAGs. One minute there are posts how GameStop is the scum of the world and has the worst customer service, the next minute you see posts on how to exploit GameStop policies. Gotta love CAGs mentality.

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't understand CAGs. One minute there are posts how GameStop is the scum of the world and has the worst customer service, the next minute you see posts on how to exploit GameStop policies. Gotta love CAGs mentality.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is the scum of the world... More of a reason TO exploit their policies. I personally also have a hacked wii with a 1TB hard drive. I just buy used games, rip the disc to my hard drive and return it for another game or for my money back... rinse and repeat. It hassles the company and I get free games.

[quote name='Snuggelz']I personally also have a hacked wii with a 1TB hard drive. I just buy used games, rip the disc to my hard drive and return it for another game or for my money back... rinse and repeat. It hassles the company and I get free games.[/QUOTE]

LOL. :roll: Why are you even on this site then? Most consoles can be modded. No reason to take advantage of gaming deals when you can get them for free. Unless you are a collector.

[quote name='Jurassic425'] No reason to take advantage of gaming deals when you can get them for free. Unless you are a collector.[/QUOTE]

Sure there is, less money tied up in the returns process ;)

Also, by self-ripping, you are totally avoiding illicit downloading activity with your ISP.

[quote name='wynams']Sure there is, less money tied up in the returns process ;)

Also, by self-ripping, you are totally avoiding illicit downloading activity with your ISP.[/QUOTE]

I knew someone was gonna say this. :lol:

[quote name='wynams']you are totally avoiding illicit downloading activity with your ISP.[/QUOTE]

You sir make this attorney smile. Well played. :applause:

Just got it a minute ago

Always wanted to try out Dragon Age so i went for it. If I like it I might do the gamestop thing.
Always went ahead and got the Vanquish while I was at it to get 20% off.

$8.50 shipped for both is pretty damn good

Got in on this one 15 minutes before the free shipping expired. I hope they actually ship the games. Anyone have experience with BB shipping and whether they'll honor the offer?

[quote name='Snuggelz']Gamestop is the scum of the world... More of a reason TO exploit their policies. I personally also have a hacked wii with a 1TB hard drive. I just buy used games, rip the disc to my hard drive and return it for another game or for my money back... rinse and repeat. It hassles the company and I get free games.[/QUOTE]

That's not even remotely the same thing... You aren't hurting Gamestop there, you are hurting all Wii Developers. As a game developer myself, I say fuck you for pirating games.

[quote name='Snuggelz']Gamestop is the scum of the world... More of a reason TO exploit their policies. I personally also have a hacked wii with a 1TB hard drive. I just buy used games, rip the disc to my hard drive and return it for another game or for my money back... rinse and repeat. It hassles the company and I get free games.[/QUOTE]

Perfect example of hypocrisy. Bash a company and then use their services for personal gain.

Got an email saying my 2 copies are 'Backordered and are expected to ship within the next 1-2 weeks.'

If all goes well, I'll be happy.

[quote name='oasisboy']Perfect example of hypocrisy. Bash a company and then use their services for personal gain.[/QUOTE]

That is not an example of hypocrisy.

[quote name='Armads']Got an email saying my 2 copies are 'Backordered and are expected to ship within the next 1-2 weeks.'

If all goes well, I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]I havent received a email yet but looking at my order it also says back ordered, but not for how long.

[quote name='oasisboy']Explain.[/QUOTE]

Bashing a company and then using their services for personal gain is not being a hypocrite. For example if I say "GS has terrible customer service!", and then I turn around and abuse their return policy (which is what he was bragging about doing), that would not make me a hypocrite. I see what you are saying, the guy you were talking to essentially said that GS sucks and then is giving them his business. But he is taking advantage of them because he dislikes them. Was Robin Hood a hypocrite?

He would be a hypocrite is he said that people who shop at GS/Walmart are supporting evil businesses, and then he went and shopped there himself. A lot of people say that Walmart sucks, and then abuse their return policy. That does not make them hypocrites.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Bashing a company and then using their services for personal gain is not being a hypocrite. For example if I say "GS has terrible customer service!", and then I turn around and abuse their return policy (which is what he was bragging about doing), that would not make me a hypocrite. I see what you are saying, the guy you were talking to essentially said that GS sucks and then is giving them his business. But he is taking advantage of them because he dislikes them. Was Robin Hood a hypocrite?

He would be a hypocrite is he said that people who shop at GS/Walmart are supporting evil businesses, and then he went and shopped there himself. A lot of people say that Walmart sucks, and then abuse their return policy. That does not make them hypocrites.[/QUOTE]

To sum it up...

You can't say GameStop is the scum of the world and then step a foot inside the door to buy a game. Yes, he will return the game and get his money back.

In reality, this guy doesn't really think that GameStop is bad otherwise he wouldn't go inside a store. If GameStop didn't exist he wouldn't be able to get his games that he illegally copies and then return them for free. He could use GameFly but he would have to pay a monthly fee, therefore he needs GameStop and is a hypocrite.

There isn't a shipping option nor are there any copies available in any stores in-town. Would have been nice to get in on this deal... Thanks anyways OP

[quote name='oasisboy']To sum it up...

You can't say GameStop is the scum of the world and then step a foot inside the door to buy a game. Yes, he will return the game and get his money back.

In reality, this guy doesn't really think that GameStop is bad otherwise he wouldn't go inside a store. If GameStop didn't exist he wouldn't be able to get his games that he illegally copies and then return them for free. He could use GameFly but he would have to pay a monthly fee, therefore he needs GameStop and is a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

So to sum up the summing up...

In reality, Robin Hood doesn't really think the Sheriff of Nottingham is bad, otherwise he wouldn't go to Nottingham to steal gold from him.

Yup.

[quote name='Orofin']So to sum up the summing up...

In reality, Robin Hood doesn't really think the Sheriff of Nottingham is bad, otherwise he wouldn't go to Nottingham to steal gold from him.

Yup.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

This literally made me LOL. Thanks for rephrasing it in a way I couldn't, since he obviously didn't get the point in my post from earlier. He probably won't get yours either, but it brought me some LOLZ. :lol:

too bad there is only about under 30 gbs of wii games actually worth playing

[quote name='Jurassic425']:applause:

This literally made me LOL. Thanks for rephrasing it in a way I couldn't, since he obviously didn't get the point in my post from earlier. He probably won't get yours either, but it brought me some LOLZ. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Eggxactly.

Essentially the original post was saying that Gamestop is being an asshole and therefore that's justification for them to be punished. Personal gain from that punishment or not doesn't change the fact that Gamestop sucks monkeyballz and had it comin' to them according to the guy.

It's just sweeter punishment that the guy is profiting from it. Does that make his actions hypocritical? Nope. In fact, it's a perpetuation/manifestation of his motives. It's like a killer that hates a person goes out to kill the person and relishes in killing said person.

I'm not supporting his actions or anything, just in the camp of not thinking it's hypocritical.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Orofin']So to sum up the summing up...

Yup.[/QUOTE]

This analogy is gay. Are you 16? All the people that bitch and complain about GameStop and Wal-Mart think the world owes them something. Each company will run their business as they see fit. Don't like it? Don't buy at their store and STFU.

GameStop is a business not some fukin literature story. What you and the other poster fail to understand is that you can't bite the hand that feeds (hopefully this literature related comment gets to both of you). The hand is GameStop by providing all the free games that are being copied and the one being fed is the person copying the games. That's like bitching about your parents even though they are giving you food and shelter.

Can't argue with nerds that love Robin Hood.

bread's done
Back