Dragon Age Origins PS3 $4.99 Free Ship BB.com USED

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Got an email saying my 2 copies are 'Backordered and are expected to ship within the next 1-2 weeks.'

If all goes well, I'll be happy.

I havent received a email yet but looking at my order it also says back ordered, but not for how long.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#32 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

That is not an example of hypocrisy.

Explain.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#33 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Explain.

Bashing a company and then using their services for personal gain is not being a hypocrite. For example if I say "GS has terrible customer service!", and then I turn around and abuse their return policy (which is what he was bragging about doing), that would not make me a hypocrite. I see what you are saying, the guy you were talking to essentially said that GS sucks and then is giving them his business. But he is taking advantage of them because he dislikes them. Was Robin Hood a hypocrite?

He would be a hypocrite is he said that people who shop at GS/Walmart are supporting evil businesses, and then he went and shopped there himself. A lot of people say that Walmart sucks, and then abuse their return policy. That does not make them hypocrites.

#34 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

Just got back from picking up my two copies

They both had stickers on them priced as $24.99

I laughed...

#35 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

Bashing a company and then using their services for personal gain is not being a hypocrite. For example if I say "GS has terrible customer service!", and then I turn around and abuse their return policy (which is what he was bragging about doing), that would not make me a hypocrite. I see what you are saying, the guy you were talking to essentially said that GS sucks and then is giving them his business. But he is taking advantage of them because he dislikes them. Was Robin Hood a hypocrite?

He would be a hypocrite is he said that people who shop at GS/Walmart are supporting evil businesses, and then he went and shopped there himself. A lot of people say that Walmart sucks, and then abuse their return policy. That does not make them hypocrites.

To sum it up...

You can't say GameStop is the scum of the world and then step a foot inside the door to buy a game. Yes, he will return the game and get his money back.

In reality, this guy doesn't really think that GameStop is bad otherwise he wouldn't go inside a store. If GameStop didn't exist he wouldn't be able to get his games that he illegally copies and then return them for free. He could use GameFly but he would have to pay a monthly fee, therefore he needs GameStop and is a hypocrite.

#36 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

There isn't a shipping option nor are there any copies available in any stores in-town. Would have been nice to get in on this deal... Thanks anyways OP
Posted Image

#37 Orofin

Orofin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:46 AM

To sum it up...

You can't say GameStop is the scum of the world and then step a foot inside the door to buy a game. Yes, he will return the game and get his money back.

In reality, this guy doesn't really think that GameStop is bad otherwise he wouldn't go inside a store. If GameStop didn't exist he wouldn't be able to get his games that he illegally copies and then return them for free. He could use GameFly but he would have to pay a monthly fee, therefore he needs GameStop and is a hypocrite.

So to sum up the summing up...

In reality, Robin Hood doesn't really think the Sheriff of Nottingham is bad, otherwise he wouldn't go to Nottingham to steal gold from him.

Yup.

#38 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

That's a good idea about the DLC. I might just have to do this myself because I always wanted to play the extra content.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#39 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

In reality, Robin Hood doesn't really think the Sheriff of Nottingham is bad, otherwise he wouldn't go to Nottingham to steal gold from him.

Yup.

:applause:

This literally made me LOL. Thanks for rephrasing it in a way I couldn't, since he obviously didn't get the point in my post from earlier. He probably won't get yours either, but it brought me some LOLZ. :lol:

#40 rockettorussia

rockettorussia

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Gamestop is the scum of the world... More of a reason TO exploit their policies. I personally also have a hacked wii with a 1TB hard drive. I just buy used games, rip the disc to my hard drive and return it for another game or for my money back... rinse and repeat. It hassles the company and I get free games.

too bad there is only about under 30 gbs of wii games actually worth playing

#41 wquach

wquach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

:applause:

This literally made me LOL. Thanks for rephrasing it in a way I couldn't, since he obviously didn't get the point in my post from earlier. He probably won't get yours either, but it brought me some LOLZ. :lol:

Eggxactly.

Essentially the original post was saying that Gamestop is being an asshole and therefore that's justification for them to be punished. Personal gain from that punishment or not doesn't change the fact that Gamestop sucks monkeyballz and had it comin' to them according to the guy.

It's just sweeter punishment that the guy is profiting from it. Does that make his actions hypocritical? Nope. In fact, it's a perpetuation/manifestation of his motives. It's like a killer that hates a person goes out to kill the person and relishes in killing said person.

I'm not supporting his actions or anything, just in the camp of not thinking it's hypocritical.

Edited by wquach, 23 November 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#42 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Yup.

This analogy is gay. Are you 16? All the people that bitch and complain about GameStop and Wal-Mart think the world owes them something. Each company will run their business as they see fit. Don't like it? Don't buy at their store and STFU.

GameStop is a business not some fukin literature story. What you and the other poster fail to understand is that you can't bite the hand that feeds (hopefully this literature related comment gets to both of you). The hand is GameStop by providing all the free games that are being copied and the one being fed is the person copying the games. That's like bitching about your parents even though they are giving you food and shelter.

Can't argue with nerds that love Robin Hood.