Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XIX (NINETEEN!) WIKIFIED!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4741 replies to this topic

#3001 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

Hi, I'm a Target employee!

As-Is 99.9% of the time are items that have been in the backroom for a while that are decode or they're not in our system anymore and they want to sell. My price change team, on items that don't show a last known price, will make up prices and then the system cuts off a huge portion of the original price.

For example, we had some giveaway demos of some RTS, but they had no idea what it was, so they put as is and the original price at $19.99, then the sticker printed it out as 4.98.

They've also As is sticker returns on items our store doesn't carry along with online items we don't carry, all depends who the pricechange person is if they use the as is or online item option.

Interesting. Thanks.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3002 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

The reason a game may never hit clearance at your store is because the manager in electronics might not like clearancing items. Of the 8 or so Target within my driving distance, one of them never puts anything on clearance--I'll still find games at MSRP 18 months after their initial release, when I know the other stores in my area clearanced them out 8 months ago.

Managers in different departments have nothing to do with putting items on clearance. There's a dedicated price change team that does all of that. Also different targets have different items go on clearance at different times. For example, at my store, the controller bundles are still $41 and I had the price change team check if it was scheduled to be put at the lower price last Monday(It was not). Where as the Target about 10 minutes from my store had it for the new, lower price.

Another example: Another store had a bike on clearance, we did not, guest came to our store and threw a fit saying it was this price at another store. We don't honor it because it's not on clearance yet in our store, a month later, it went on clearance.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#3003 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Managers in different departments have nothing to do with putting items on clearance. There's a dedicated price change team that does all of that. Also different targets have different items go on clearance at different times. For example, at my store, the controller bundles are still $41 and I had the price change team check if it was scheduled to be put at the lower price last Monday(It was not). Where as the Target about 10 minutes from my store had it for the new, lower price.

Another example: Another store had a bike on clearance, we did not, guest came to our store and threw a fit saying it was this price at another store. We don't honor it because it's not on clearance yet in our store, a month later, it went on clearance.

Finally, an insider.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3004 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Bought Online Item - Knocked Up Bluray for 2.06 and a really cool ipod/iphone portable philips speaker thing for 5.06.

The best part was a 150+ of these for 11.xx
http://imgur.com/msDkG
lol
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3005 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Bought Online Item - Knocked Up Bluray for 2.06 and a really cool ipod/iphone portable philips speaker thing for 5.06.

The best part was a 150+ of these for 11.xx
http://imgur.com/msDkG
lol

Wow. My Target does not even stock that many different games for the PS3, let only NBA 2K11.

#3006 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

Target likes to overbuy sports games apparently, based on that and the 300 or so NCAA Footballs i saw.

#3007 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

Target likes to overbuy sports games apparently, based on that and the 300 or so NCAA Footballs i saw.

I thought of your post when I saw these.

Guy in electronic said he would start selling these on ebay if they dropped more. He said "you should check back on monday". ;)
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#3008 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

Found Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes Wii for $1.56 AS IS, down from $5.98.

First time I found one of those double clearance cycle steals.

#3009 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

Picked up Dead Rising 2 for $8.98 today. Almost got Infamous for $14.98 but they had 10+ and figured I wait for one more price drop.

#3010 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Question for target employees:

Are as-is games in bulk just a way for managers to skirt the standard clearance levels?

As is merch is stuff that is not in Target's system so the computer generates a price and a barcode that comes from the clearance printers so it can be sellable. Sometimes TMs can set their own price but most just stick with the price the computer gives them. Works both ways in terms of games. Those $5 demos of Stronghold aren't going anywhere lol

#3011 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Yeah no doubt, lol. Nothing like meeting up in some still shithole part of downtown, say around skid row, for a Craigslist deal.

Btw you still looking for either bundle, lemme know. I know which stores on the west side still have any. Still looking for any more clearances DSis, XLs etc.

THIS NEEDS ITS OWN THREAD!!!

you know when I sell something in Downtown, LA. The people around the LA Basin, are extremely cheap. Some of these people on craigslist try to haggle you blindly and think their smart about it. I always state don't try to lowball, or haggle at the meet up for the transaction. I had one guy do that, I just walked away and he kind of just stood there with a :-s face.

#3012 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Alhambra: :ps3: Skate 3 9.xx, and I grabbed the last UC bundle for $30. Marked at $41, I asked him to scan it, and he just looked at it and said "It's 30 bucks".

Asked if there are any others left, the gaming depart rep smiled and said: "Yeah we have 3 in the back" Then I got excited, and he said: "Just Kidding." Sir, if you are a CAG and reading this, you got me good.

EDIT: Also grabbed :ps3: Dead Space 2 LE w/Extraction on disc, for $15. I already have the game, so if anybody want it, PM me, not looking for any profit except the tax, shipping and half a gallon of gas.

Hey! I live in the same city, if you happen to find any good deals and you are willing to sell them, please PM. Is it the same clearance by the Wii station right?

#3013 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

1 of the stores I stopped to had 0/zero clearance games in 'the spot'. So, I asked the guy where the clearance games are and he pointed in the direction of 'the spot' and I said it's weird how there are none there. Not even coaster-ware. He said...then they don't have any.

I decide to look at the cases and see all kinds of clearance games. So, I, kindly, called him over and showed him the games for 'future reference' in case someone else asks.

He doesn't work in that section often.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3014 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

Hey! I live in the same city, if you happen to find any good deals and you are willing to sell them, please PM. Is it the same clearance by the Wii station right?

We are talking about the same Target right? the one beside Costco (where I always grab a 1.5 hotdog afterwards after deal hunting). As others, I saw $15 Dead Space 2 (which some say can be found at $10, but I never saw it at that price), but there was a LE buried in the bottom so I grabbed it. Already sold to a CAG via a non-profit sale except for $2.5 gas. There's plenty of Skate 3 left and last time I saw the Eye mount for 3.xx.

Just tag my trade list, if I find anything good will hook you up.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3015 LemonJelllo

LemonJelllo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

Is there a general area that you can find the clearance games at? I found a small stand at the end of an aisle and it had a bunch of Madden 11s and that's about it. Did the Target I went to just have a crappy selection or was I looking in the wrong area?
Currently Playing:

:360: Borderlands
:ps3: Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption

Games left in backlog: 14

#3016 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Is there a general area that you can find the clearance games at? I found a small stand at the end of an aisle and it had a bunch of Madden 11s and that's about it. Did the Target I went to just have a crappy selection or was I looking in the wrong area?

Be sure to check the 'non clearance' cases. As, you may find some there!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3017 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

We are talking about the same Target right? the one beside Costco (where I always grab a 1.5 hotdog afterwards after deal hunting). As others, I saw $15 Dead Space 2 (which some say can be found at $10, but I never saw it at that price), but there was a LE buried in the bottom so I grabbed it. Already sold to a CAG via a non-profit sale except for $2.5 gas. There's plenty of Skate 3 left and last time I saw the Eye mount for 3.xx.

I can confirm that there were at least 5 of Skate 3 left in Alhambra as of yesterday night. Saw an empty clearance hook by the controllers, so guess you beat me there. If there were no GOW bundles though, then it's no loss to me. Already have the UC's and a blue Dualshock.

For Craigslist in LA, I've found that it's a lot easier just to trade. Helps me get rarer games that I might not want to wait for on eBay. The fact that I'm flipping stuff I got for cheap helps out a lot.

#3018 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

yeah man, I believe this Target got a major remodeling done a few months back. big food section now in the back.

To AFC: I made some cash for profit on craigslist from getting deals, but I assume these people using craigslist or at least the internet have a general idea of how to value things for sale that they want. But they don't, they're just as clueless as most box retailer customers, expect these monkeys can use the internet.
PS. I'm tired of seeing those Philips and Belkin iPhone cases lol, they never sell and they always have a rack of them.

I'm going tomorrow, I need some candy, I hope to see those DSi system :) all the best guys!

Edited by Donutkid2222, 14 April 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#3019 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Location in Valencia, CA has plenty of Bioshock 2 Xbox 360 for $7.48
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#3020 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Ended up at a Target in Seal Beach, CA tonight and saw about 6+ UC bundles marked at $41

#3021 xDEATHDEALERSxx

xDEATHDEALERSxx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Be sure to check the 'non clearance' cases. As, you may find some there!

The Targets in North Alabama are starting to just leave them in the "non clearance cases"

#3022 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

What I've noticed at a few of the targets is, the good/better clearance shit gets left in the regular game plastic prisons (sometimes with clearance price stickers and tags, sometimes without), and the shovel ware and mass inventory crap gets tossed on the clearance end cap.

Edited by karkyco, 14 April 2012 - 02:37 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3023 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Picked up Socom 4 and Infamous for $8.98 each

#3024 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

It depends where you live. My area targets have practically no clearance items(ever). I've seem stuff that is on clearance for $9 seemingly everywhere else in the nation, Stick to their msrp at my stores. I still visit this thread, even though I just torture myself reading the deals I'll never get.

#3025 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Damn you Target!

I finally find a copy of LA Noire Complete Edition (360) and it's full price...
Not the 11.98 clearance price that everyone else has been finding.

#3026 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Picked up Samurai Warriors: Chronicles ($8.98) and Dead or Alive Dimensions ($10.48) for 3DS at the Dubuque, IA Target. I was pleasantly surprised to find these.

#3027 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

I checked the UC and GoW controller bundles at my location and they still rang up at $59.99

I was super excited to see both and very discouraged once I scanned them...

#3028 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Three Targets today and three strikes. It looks like they had the same clearance items from the last time I was there (about a week ago) but just a bit more picked over. Best thing I saw was Skate 3 for PS3 for about $10 but I already have it on 360. I wish I knew when they would put out their clearance items so I could check them on that day instead of wasting time driving around.

ach.png

#3029 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

I think it was mentioned but saw space maines for 19.xx

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3030 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

I think it was mentioned but saw space maines for 19.xx

Is that that sim game where you go to Maine and join their well known Space and Aeronautics program to become an astronaut? If so, yeah your right it has been talked about and at that price it is a steal!
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]