Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XIX (NINETEEN!) WIKIFIED!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4741 replies to this topic

#3091 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Debating about Undead Nightmare. Worth buying/playing if I never played the original?

#3092 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

waiting on this too, but i think $11.98 is the lowest it will go (70% off until it goes to salvage).

Yea, I will get it if they have it at $11.98. Would love to find Undead Nightmare for 6 dollars too.

I haven't even seen a copy of that at my targets in months.......
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3093 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I've been watching THIS for a few weeks. I was hoping it'd drop to 70% today, but it stayed at 50%, and I decided to say why not. It was $84.98 pre-tax, and with the reviews of it, I decided to just jump in and get it. I've been having problems with my left ear lately, so my hearing isn't at it's peak, but so far, this thing is pretty damn fine for my bedroom.

76561198003985248.png

#3094 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Yep electronics is clearing out old inventory and bringing in new models. There was a guy asking the price adjustment crew to check every single model's DPCI on their PDA, lol.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3095 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Do clearance prices get dropped on Monday or Tuesday?

#3096 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Do clearance prices get dropped on Monday or Tuesday?

All depends on the store and when they get around to it. Electronics/games etc. is usually on Monday mornings, but it could be anytime really.

If I find something that hasn't dropped further that I'm interested in, I might go find an employee doing clearance pricing in electronics or elsewhere in the store and ask them if they could scan the item and see if it dropped further. Usually they are willing to do so. If so, great. If not, no big deal.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3097 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

a few weeks back, i heard a department manager telling the employees they have to redo the entire electronics department again (employees were like "AGAIN!? we just redid it #-o") i overheard manager saying new spring model tv's are coming, but all their tv are on clearance for only 10% off.

that 55' panasonic plasma tv is $1000 on clearance. i should have picked up the 60' version the same model from amazon for $1000 a few months back.

must be something to do with the manufacturers? i read an article that major manufacturers (samsung, sony, etc. ) are penalizing distributors (bestbuy, walmart, target, etc) for selling prior season models for hundreds/thousands off msrp.

#3098 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Debating about Undead Nightmare. Worth buying/playing if I never played the original?

It's great, but It's not a standalone game. You need to have RDR to play it. It is an add-on.
Posted Image

#3099 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

there's a pilot program in the South and maybe West where they have a whole Apple section, with wooden tables, usable displays, and white accents and such, to sell Apple products at target. I haven't heard anything else about this mini Apple kiosk though, so I don't know how successful it is, or if it will be spread to additional stores or not.

Got that going at the Medina MN Target, wooden table with two iPads and two iPhones out.

Edited by kitsunisan, 16 April 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#3100 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

It's great, but It's not a standalone game. You need to have RDR to play it. It is an add-on.

No, its a standalone game. You don't need RDR to play it.

#3101 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

No, its a standalone game. You don't need RDR to play it.

Well IGN gave it a 10, so I guess I will give it a shot. I just hope my OCD doesn't kick in and force me to get the original as well lol.

#3102 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

yea, only the dlc requires the rdr vanilla disc to play.

#3103 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Well IGN gave it a 10, so I guess I will give it a shot. I just hope my OCD doesn't kick in and force me to get the original as well lol.

Your OCD shouldn't have to kick in. Your gamer sense should have already kicked in by now. Both Undead Nightmare and the original RDR are amazing games.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3104 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Your OCD shouldn't have to kick in. Your gamer sense should have already kicked in by now. Both Undead Nightmare and the original RDR are amazing games.

Yes. I loved both Undead Nightmare and RDR. RDR was an amazing game with a great story and Undead Nightmare was just icing on the cake for zombie fans.

#3105 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yes. I loved both Undead Nightmare and RDR. RDR was an amazing game with a great story and Undead Nightmare was just icing on the cake for zombie fans.

One more push for you to get the original. It's a game that makes you want to take your time, which is rare. Also one of the very few games I bothered to 1000/1000 (at least until all of the new MP achievements came along). Heck, save your $8 now and put it towards the goty version next time it's on sale.

Ninja edit: Checked two targets today, nothing exciting to report. These two are already post and mid-remodel for "fresh groceries" so they had both cleared out their stockrooms weeks ago with all sorts of weird ass stuff surfacing "as-is". Picked up a dvd set of The Cape for about $2 just for fun.

#3106 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Odd how weeks after release my Target all of a sudden had three Mass Effect 3 CE's. I checked release day and have been back at least once a week since and they did'nt have these. Now all of a sudden there are three.

Employee return?

#3107 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

One more push for you to get the original. It's a game that makes you want to take your time, which is rare. Also one of the very few games I bothered to 1000/1000 (at least until all of the new MP achievements came along). Heck, save your $8 now and put it towards the goty version next time it's on sale.

Ninja edit: Checked two targets today, nothing exciting to report. These two are already post and mid-remodel for "fresh groceries" so they had both cleared out their stockrooms weeks ago with all sorts of weird ass stuff surfacing "as-is". Picked up a dvd set of The Cape for about $2 just for fun.

Omg I remember The Cape :rofl:

#3108 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

No price drops for me this week :(

#3109 SuperRocker47

SuperRocker47

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I just picked up a Zoom H1 Handy Recorder with DPCI: 057-12-0441 for 29.98. its regularly a 100 so i was stoked to see it dropped today.

#3110 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Saw an El Hoardo today in Electronics with his grandparents lol
Granny was eyeing the tvs and grandpa was looking through the video games
Posted Image

#3111 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Don't Wear Regular Shoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Well IGN gave it a 10, so I guess I will give it a shot...

:-#

IGN isn't the greatest (unbiased) review site. Not saying it isn't a good game, but that site is questionable...

On topic, went to 3 targets this afternoon and nothing had dropped. seems to be a theme occuring here.

#3112 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

#3113 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Saw an El Hoardo today in Electronics with his grandparents lol
Granny was eyeing the tvs and grandpa was looking through the video games

sometimes old people need to be frugal. health cost are through the roof when you're that age living off IRA distributions and social security.

Edited by frpilot, 16 April 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#3114 walterdude

walterdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ps3 rage regular edition was $8.98 & psp Madden 12 $11.98 in johnson city, TN

Lots of electronics on clearance about every tv, laptop accesories, apple head phone, digital photo display frams, skull candy, philips, sony head/ear phones, wireless speakers, toshiba wifiblu ray player, and printers. Let me put it this way they had 2 buggies of stuff they was gonna keep lol

#3115 Mario Speedwagon

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Grabbed PS3 Ratchet & Clank for $15 as it was starting to dry up around here. Checked Target Azusa and they must have 100 copies of NBA2K11 for PS3 at $11.98. Looks like Dead Space 2 is gone around here. Only saw it twice at $21.

#3116 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

there's like ton of ps3 nba 2k11 in most of my local stores also. maybe not a hundred but at least 50 at one of them and at least 10 in most of the other stores i been to.

#3117 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Eh. I never played the storyline in Undead Nightmare. I only bought it(actually got it for 'free' after returning some games to GS that were part of glitched online orders that came up $.00 after double discount stacking:booty:) for the online poker portion of it.

Otherwise I feel that far too many games nowadays are doing the 'ahhhh zombies' bullshit nowadays. Unless it was originally meant to be a zombie game(Dead Rising/Dead Island) I think it's stupid to add in a 'zombie mode' to games. Although the zombie thing after the credits in BLOPS was pretty damn funny, especially playing as JFK.:rofl:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3118 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Gainesville, FL has a ton of Sony/Samsung/Panasonic HDTVs at 50% off today. $289 for Sony 40", $189 for Sony 32"

The night shift threw away all the bases and remotes so nobody in the market (inc. myself) will buy one.

I bought a 26" LCD HDTV from Target 3 years ago and it died. Called # on my BoA Visa CC and they covered it, they match the term of the warranty. This was like month 22 out of the 2 years. So I'm not scared to buy floor models. Best Buy or Target store warranties are a rip off, one more reason why right there.

#3119 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

Be sure and check DPCIs/scan clearanced items as the clearance sticker prices are often outdated. Just scored a few more of the DS3 bundles because they were either not stickered, or had higher prices than the actual in store price.

Selling these out of my trunk! J/K, these are all reserved as gifts for friends, family, and clients...

Spoiler

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3120 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Be sure and check DPCIs/scan clearanced items as the clearance sticker prices are often outdated. Just scored a few more of the DS3 bundles because they were either not stickered, or had higher prices than the actual in store price.

Selling these out of my trunk! J/K, these are all reserved as gifts for friends, family, and clients...

Spoiler

lol @ the license plate

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png