Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XIX (NINETEEN!) WIKIFIED!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4741 replies to this topic

#3691 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

So what exactly is the return policy on video games? 90 days? Or does it fall under the 30-day Cameras, etc. category?

Wondering this as well.

I bought PotC: At World's End for 360 and am second guessing the purchase. It was only $7.xx and was marked down from $29.99 but was listed as an Online Item. It was around 75% off I think is the math on that. All it said on the receipt was "same item only if open".

Just feel that price might be too high for a game that's 4yrs or so old and isn't that great to begin with.

Anyone want to convince me to keep it?

#3692 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

Yep, RWC location.

I thought so...such a small world. I held that copy of Brink last night but passed since I already own it. Great another CAG in my main area? D:. Maybe we can help eachother out :3
Posted Image

#3693 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

Been stalking for weeks and FINALLY they dropped the PS3 games to 11.98 just recently or whatever and I picked up Puss N Boots. The game had a 70 in the corner so I know its not getting any cheaper and this is still going for $20 or more everywhere so I figured its a good pickup. Its worth noting that I just got a brand new Carnival Island for $10 shipped on ebay, technically cheaper than what Target is charging. I did notice some of the other items that were 15% off in other departments went to 30% off based on the small number in the corner. Surprisingly the gaming section didn't seem too cleaned out from last week's sale which I didn't get to unfortunately. Tales of the Abyss was still $39.99 as I happened to pass by the section where it was.

#3694 khoido

khoido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

Saw this at GoNintendo. Probably big YMMV.

Posted Image

#3695 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

All my local target's still have it for $40-ish
"Evil is Funs"

#3696 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

Picked up the Vita Travel Pouch for 5.98 and also a few of the Apple AV Adapters for 19.98! :D

Edited by caMOFOg, 02 May 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#3697 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

Picked up the Vita Travel Pouch for 5.98 and also a few of the Apple AV Adapters for 19.98! :D

You just reminded me, I need to get an adjustment on that pouch. Can you provide some pointers? I asked to change my method of payment a few days back and the rep refused saying it isn't allowed on clearance items.

#3698 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Posted Image

i haven't even seen the game in any store whether it's bestbuy or target anywhere.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#3699 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:53 AM

i haven't even seen the game in any store whether it's bestbuy or target anywhere.

For the first time at Target, I saw it last week. It was never there before. I don't own a 3DS, but tempted to get it if it were clearance.

#3700 NintendoGal

NintendoGal

Not a gaming "grrl"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

I thought so...such a small world. I held that copy of Brink last night but passed since I already own it. Great another CAG in my main area? D:. Maybe we can help eachother out :3

That's cool by me! Just moved down here 5-6 months ago. :)

Glad you put it back because my husband wanted to play another game and we really don't have the funds at the moment to spend a bunch.

(The camera on the receipt was out of money set aside for my site, but looks like it's going back since as I say, it's crap!)

#3701 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

It isn't allowed on as-is and online items. It IS allowed on clearance items. You should go back and tell them. If they still refuse, talk to the manager. It's definitely allowed.

That's what I thought. Her excuse was that I had to outright return the item and rebuy one off the shelf.

#3702 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

That's what I thought. Her excuse was that I had to outright return the item and rebuy one off the shelf.

Try a different store or buy another off the shelf if you can find it and return.

#3703 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Not to throw a kink in anyone's theory of "70% is as low as it goes", but last week I found Singularity for PS3 for $6.05 and marked reg price $39.99 on the clearance sticker. Not sure why, just saying it's apparently possible. It didn't last long, though, as I flipped it to Best Buy for $12 with their 50% trade bonus promotion yesterday.
Posted Image

#3704 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'll be calling around to the various targets for price checks on it, although I did get em for $20 off with the trade in coupon last week.

BTW, has anyone checked target mobile for what promos they have, if any, this week?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3705 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

All items will go salvage after 70% unless price change decides to give it an additional markdown. (ymmv).

#3706 infini2001

infini2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

All items will go salvage after 70% unless price change decides to give it an additional markdown. (ymmv).

well, it depends on the starting point of clearance price.
If it starts at 30% off, then, yes, 70% is the end, but 15% is the first, then 50% is the end point.
So, target has this general rule. (Sometimes I saw 65%, 80%, 85%, or 90% as the final discount, but it is very rare)
5% - 15% - 30% (some high-end tvs)
15% - 30% -50% (GPSs and other high-end tvs)
30% -50% -70% (other electronics, games, and others)

#3707 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Any chance the Kindle Fire will go on clearance now that Target is out of the Kindle business or will they just ship them back to Amazon?
http://consumerist.c...f-interest.html

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#3708 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Went to two seperate Target stores today:

First store:Wii EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp for $3.xx
Wii Def Jam Rapstar for $2.xx
3DS Hollywood Crimes game for $11.xx
Second store: 360 Ace Combat: AH for $11.xx

The second store had a lot of games on the clearance shelf that weren't there a few days ago. But after checking the price scanner and having the empolyee check it turns out they weren't actually on clearance and were misplaced even though some have been reported on here as marked down.

And it seems the price of Jurassic Park has dropped to $19.xx.

#3709 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

The second store had a lot of games on the clearance shelf that weren't there a few days ago. But after checking the price scanner and having the empolyee check it turns out they weren't actually on clearance and were misplaced even though some have been reported on here as marked down.

And it seems the price of Jurassic Park has dropped to $19.xx.

Unfortunately it would appear that Target is putting it's non full MSRP($59.99) games on the clearance endcaps if they run out of room in the plastic prisons. I saw a copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (MSRP $39.99) on the endcap there last month sometime, as well as copies of the prior year Madden game for PS3 before they hit the clearance cycle.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3710 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Saw a dozen or so Glee Season 1 on blu on the clearance endcap at the La Cienega Target marked Online Item for $12.36.

The number under the UPC on the sticker is 988030583926631558 - Was $49.19 Now $12.36

The endcap was full of junk PC games; some guy was filling up a cart full of them LOL.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3711 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Saw a dozen or so Glee Season 1 on blu on the clearance endcap at the La Cienega Target marked Online Item for $12.36.

The number under the UPC on the sticker is 988030583926631558 - Was $49.19 Now $12.36

The endcap was full of junk PC games; some guy was filling up a cart full of them LOL.

why would anybody want a cart full of junk pc games?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3712 ArecxP

ArecxP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm officially convinced that my target just doesn't have a clearance section for games. This sucks :-\

#3713 adamgould

adamgould

Nothing Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'm officially convinced that my target just doesn't have a clearance section for games. This sucks :-\

You could just ask someone there....

#3714 ArecxP

ArecxP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

I did

#3715 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

I had to do this earlier.

The video games clearance section was located like 6 aisles away from the rest of the videogames. It was at the endcap where luggage was.

#3716 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

why would anybody want a cart full of junk pc games?

I don't know, but this guy went from filling up one of those handbaskets full of the PC games, to going and getting a shopping cart. I looked at what he was pulling and it was Jeopardy and all sorts of crapware. Perhaps he has a booth/space at a flea market/swapmeet.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3717 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

I don't know, but this guy went from filling up one of those handbaskets full of the PC games, to going and getting a shopping cart. I looked at what he was pulling and it was Jeopardy and all sorts of crapware. Perhaps he has a booth/space at a flea market/swapmeet.

Yeah, he's obviously a reseller. Probably reduced from 10 to 2.50. He sells them for 5 bucks and makes little profit. Obviously he's not a hugely successful business man, but they scrape the bottom for every penny.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3718 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

I had to do this earlier.

The video games clearance section was located like 6 aisles away from the rest of the videogames. It was at the endcap where luggage was.

The Target stores here have gone from having just ONE clearance endcap to having dueling endcaps on either end of electronics now. One is on the last aisle before the DVD/CD section and the other is the last aisle before the DVD players/surround sound aisles.

Both are just opposite the back wall of the store on the other side of the aisle from where the HDtv wall is. That's how it's been at most(if not all) Target stores I've been to.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3719 Solomon87

Solomon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

It isn't allowed on as-is and online items. It IS allowed on clearance items. You should go back and tell them. If they still refuse, talk to the manager. It's definitely allowed.

You are not allowed to get price adjustments on clearance items, the Target team member was correct, please don't tell people what you do not know correctly.

#3720 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

There has been a lot of As-Is stickers that people are getting confused with regular clearance cycle. I've still yet to see anything but $x.48 and $x.98 on true clearance.