Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XIX (NINETEEN!) WIKIFIED!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4741 replies to this topic

#3721 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Might as well mention that all the various Amazon Kindles are going to start the clearance cycle tomorrow. See the specific thread for more info.

DPCI for the Kindle Fire is 057-17-0035, and according to the other thread/various Target corporate and employee "sources" as noted there, all Kindle models will start the clearance cycle at 30% off tomorrow, possibly to go to 50% next week and 70% in 2 weeks.

Edited by karkyco, 02 May 2012 - 11:39 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3722 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Might as well mention that all the various Amazon Kindles are going to start the clearance cycle tomorrow. See the specific thread for more info.

DPCI for the Kindle Fire is 057-17-0035, and according to the other thread/various Target corporate and employee "sources" as noted there, all Kindle models will start the clearance cycle at 30% off tomorrow, possibly to go to 50% next week and 70% in 2 weeks.

Keyword there being possibly. Knowing the stores here it'll be stuck at 30% for a month and a half and then salvage out without even hitting 50%. Either that or all the stupid soccer moms and other idiots who think ANY discount is a 'deal' will buy them up bright and early tomorrow at the 30% off.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3723 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

10% off Kindle Fires? SOLD!!!!!!! Gonna hoard them all!!!!!!!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3724 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

10% off Kindle Fires? SOLD!!!!!!! Gonna hoard them all!!!!!!!

Not if I don't hoard em first. :evil::twisted:;)

Also, the Target member is never correct. The customer is always correct. Believe me.

Uh no. The customer is NOT always correct/right. Contrary to that old bs line you've always heard about him/her always being right, that is NOT the case in MANY cases nowadays.

Those include:
*People whining about not being helped a half nanosecond after stepping foot in a store and expecting to be waited on hand and foot and not have to even try to look for what they came in to buy on their own. Even worse is usually these same people then DEMAND a gift card to make up for their precious time they wasted.:lol::roll:

*Idiots who expect employees at stores to know everything about everything and get pissy if the employees don't.

AND the most hilarious one I've seen on the Best Buy forums constantly as of late:

*The fuckin' idiots who can't take the time to read the promotional materials and/or bills from credit card/financing companies and know the terms/conditions and then blame the company for not informing them in size 15 Tahoma font via 1000000 mailings about what rules/regs their offer/card has or had and then they get socked with insane amounts of interest charges for maxing out that cc or financing offer.

That's just three examples above, but I could go on and include at least one more:

*The rude assholes who interrupt an employee and a customer when that employee is already helping that customer.

I've personally had this one happen to me in Best Buy before. I was talking to the one gaming rep about an upcoming game and whether or not BB would be taking pre-orders for it or something. This bitch comes up and starts demanding that he help her find something over in either the TV or computer section.:roll: I saw her storm into the store over his shoulder and I almost immediately knew she was gonna be a typical pushy/ignorant cunt customer.

Like excuse me lady, but this guy is helping me. Wait your fuckin' turn you old prune.

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 03 May 2012 - 12:39 AM.

Posted Image

#3725 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Not if I don't hoard em first. :evil::twisted:;)

:D

I haven't, even, researched that thing. If it hits $50 of less, I may be interested. HP Touchpad/Android/$99 FTW!!!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3726 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

:D

I haven't, even, researched that thing. If it hits $50 of less, I may be interested. HP Touchpad/Android/$99 FTW!!!

Thing is, I had two of the Touchpads when they went to $100/$150 apiece from BB during the fire sale. But without reliable wifi they woulda been useless to me, since I only intended to use them to surf the net when I would go outta town for work. So I sold both to friends from CAG.

Chances are I probably could've waited till the hype over the fire sale died down and plopped em on eBay and made more on them. But at that point I just didn't feel like having $250+ tied up in those two things for months.:-#

Posted Image

#3727 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

*The rude assholes who interrupt an employee and a customer when that employee is already helping that customer.

I've personally had this one happen to me in Best Buy before. I was talking to the one gaming rep about an upcoming game and whether or not BB would be taking pre-orders for it or something. This bitch comes up and starts demanding that he help her find something over in either the TV or computer section.:roll: I saw her storm into the store over his shoulder and I almost immediately knew she was gonna be a typical pushy/ignorant cunt customer.

Like excuse me lady, but this guy is helping me. Wait your fuckin' turn you old prune.

this happens to me all the time (target employee) . i wish i can just tell them . wait your freaking turn. if that happens to me as a guest as a store i would definately say something to that rude guest. but as an employer i have to keep my mouth shut . :hot:

#3728 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

this happens to me all the time (target employee) . i wish i can just tell them . wait your freaking turn. if that happens to me as a guest as a store i would definately say something to that rude guest. but as an employer i have to keep my mouth shut . :hot:

Yeah. I had a few customers when I worked at Hills/Ames back in the day that thought I was their personal slave while they were in the store. I had the one guy with a pickup truck stand idly by while I lugged one of those fiberboard pre-fab entertainment centers off the cart I wheeled it out on and then watch me lift it over his fuckin' tailgate before he gave me one bit of help lifting it.

And yes, I tried asking another employee for a hand with it and got the 'are you kidding me' look from every one of them. This is why I don't work retail anymore and why I'm usually nice to the employees at retail stores since I know what kinda shit they put up with on a daily basis.

Posted Image

#3729 TwistedOwnz

TwistedOwnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

shit i work at a Toys R Us and the customer is about always wrong. They seem to make up things on the spot. Complain about it being to expensive. Make up excuses to try to get gift cards and best of ALL GET MAD WHEN WE DONT HAVE A COUPON FOR THE ITEM THEY ARE BUYING

#3730 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

He wasn't asking for a price adjustment. That was what he wanted, but he asked for a payment swap. Please learn to read properly.

Also, the Target member is never correct. The customer is always correct. Believe me.

A common trick to get a price adjustment is to pretend you want to change payment methods.

You sound like one of those terrible customers who think their shit don't stink. You're not always correct. Believe me.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3731 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Went in to grab some stuff. Decided to check out the rack and found Socom 4 for $8.98. I need more move games so I grabbed it

#3732 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

Thing is, I had two of the Touchpads when they went to $100/$150 apiece from BB during the fire sale. But without reliable wifi they woulda been useless to me, since I only intended to use them to surf the net when I would go outta town for work. So I sold both to friends from CAG.

Chances are I probably could've waited till the hype over the fire sale died down and plopped em on eBay and made more on them. But at that point I just didn't feel like having $250+ tied up in those two things for months.:-#

But..but..:drool: You can do so many things with it!!!!!
Free Wifi is all over! Just don't order online with free wifi(ok, duh, lol!).

Staples has free wifi(I use it from there parking lot...when out and about...from time to time), restaurants...

Tons and tons of FREE apps!!!! Angry birds!!!!!
Netflix.
Add your own movies/music.
Smartphone coupons!!!! The other day, a woman scanned my Touchpad(oh gosh...here we goooo!!!)! I was like :shock:! Technology!

The internet will have the page there. It doesn't go offline. That's how I'm able to use the coupon/s when away from the wifi.

Kindle app to read books and some documents.
Add notes.

It works with my $40 iCade from Bed Bath & Beyond.

Bluetooth!

Keep the WebOS side and have Android on the other!

And, so much more! Call Now! :D

Within the past couple of months or so, SD mentioned some Best Buys selling refurbs for $99/$149.

#3733 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Lego Star Wars III (3DS) - 4.98

This is probably very YMMV. I was at Target a week ago and this price tag was (not a clearance tag - it was a regular price tag) on their shelf/case, but it was out of stock. Checked again today, it's restocked (one left) and it still had the same price tag. But rang up $19.99 I showed the cashier the tag and he didn't believe it. After a couple of seconds of rescanning and entering in the number he decided to give it to me at that price but then proceeded to take the price tag off and then threw in the trash saying "this isn't supposed to be the price and it's weird because we get these price tags from corporate"
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#3734 NismoZ32

NismoZ32

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Picked up Skate 3 :ps3: from my Target today for $5.98.

They also had:
Puss and Boots :ps3: $11.98
Socom 4 :ps3: $8.98
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Game Only) :ps3: $8.98
Medieval Moves :ps3: $11.98

No other games other then some copies of a Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 for PC.

#3735 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

where's the thread? this is the only one i could find related to this subject.

#3736 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

Know what I hate about any Super Target?

At any time of day and any day of the week, there's roughly 5 of the 20-30 checkout lanes open.

#3737 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

Know what I hate about any Super Target?

At any time of day and any day of the week, there's roughly 5 of the 20-30 checkout lanes open.

I'd give anything for five lanes. Out of the 30 at my closest store, they have two maybe three open. I'm ALWAYS waiting in line there.

#3738 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

Scored Talihina Sky for $4.76 today. It was marked as an online item. :) I've been wanting to watch this sinc sit came out but didn't want to spend over $14 for it. Glad I waited.
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#3739 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

I'd give anything for five lanes. Out of the 30 at my closest store, they have two maybe three open. I'm ALWAYS waiting in line there.

Sheesh this reminds me of my Super Wal-Mart. They have 50 checkout lanes but only 2 express lanes and 3 normal lanes are ever open even during the peak times. They only time I've ever seen more than 5 open is on Black Friday.

On topic my target had all the following for 11.98....
Puss n Boots
Warhammer
and Carnival Island.

I passed on all of them.

#3740 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

Scored Talihina Sky for $4.76 today. It was marked as an online item. :) I've been wanting to watch this sinc sit came out but didn't want to spend over $14 for it. Glad I waited.

I thought it was horrible and I like KoL.

I am sure the Kindle Fire's will not make it past 30% off. The stores around me don't even have them in stock. My mother in law just bought me one and I love it. Much better than the Nook Color I have which is now my daughters.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#3741 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Picked up the one and only copy of Chrono Trigger for $5.06 "Online Item" this morning at the Culver City mall store.

Spoiler

It doesn't have the "includes poster" sticker on the front so I'm assuming this is a later print, but still not too bad a deal. They have a half dozen Sons of Anarchy season 2 on blu "Online Item" for roughly half off at $27.56, too steep for my taste, particularly since they've been sitting there for a couple of months at least with no further price reduction.

Edited by karkyco, 04 May 2012 - 05:32 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3742 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

As a retail employee you can just tell the customer to wait a moment as you are helping out another guest and you will be right with them.

If they throw a tantrum, big fucking deal. If they tell your manager nothing will likely come of it since you are on camera assisting another guest, and unless you have a complete dick for a boss, they will probably just laugh it off anyway.

As for the old prune that IATCG mentioned, maybe she didn't have much time left to live, so she wanted a new TV before she kicked the bucket.

#3743 poet17eric

poet17eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

207-01-0029 Cobalt Blue DS Lite $89
207-01-0018 Crimson and Black DS Lite $89

Hope to grab one after they drop some more.
Posted Image

#3744 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

I thought it was horrible and I like KoL...

I watched it last night and I can see why. Off to Amazon it goes to double what I paid :)
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#3745 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Curious to ask.... why? Isn't that 5+ years old, with the DSi, XL, and 3DS replacing it, and for pennies more?

#3746 ev1lg00dguy

ev1lg00dguy

Drowned by Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Curious to ask.... why? Isn't that 5+ years old, with the DSi, XL, and 3DS replacing it, and for pennies more?

I'll never give up my DS Lite. GBA Compatible. :)

#3747 poet17eric

poet17eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

If it went to half off - I'd be able to play DS and GBA games that I've missed out on. GBA backwards compatibility stopped with the DSi, right?
Posted Image

#3748 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Is this a clearance price and not just a sale price?

#3749 poet17eric

poet17eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Good question - I thought it was clearance, but on target.com it quickly shows the price ($89.00) and then it disappears, but while it is showing it says "temporary price drop".
Posted Image

#3750 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

My store has them tagged as temporary price cut, when I went yesterday. It is just plain $89.00.