Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XIX (NINETEEN!) WIKIFIED!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4741 replies to this topic

#4591 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Not really 'clearance' but I noticed they've dropped the price of the MW3 360 bundle from $350 to $315.
Not a bad deal if somone was looking for another console.

#4592 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Got lucky and found the Emerson minifridge for $30. DPCI is 072-01-0069 if anyone interested.

#4593 Okatha

Okatha

Not a bumblebee.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

DPCI for the 1TB Seagate portable HDD is: 080-00-1200

#4594 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

Where you at mang?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Didn't find any gaming deals but did pick up the Body By Jake Tower 200 for 44.98. Does anyone have this?

#4595 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Man it's weird... About two weeks ago they had some 500gb and then 1tb portable hdd's on clearance. Well, all the 1tb ones were gone right away at a weird time in the middle of the week. Then when the 500gb ones should have dropped on Sunday, they were all gone when I got there in the morning (so either they dropped out or were hoarded).

But now when I go around even at Targets who are behind mine on the cycle or who normally have stuff for longer...NONE of those same hdd's are ever on clearance. Instead, a different brand is on clearance for a lot more money. In fact I've the better 320gb ones on clearance for more than the 1tb ones were.

Then I go to a different Target today at the Christiana Mall in DE and they had my Lumix lens so I was excited! But I got up close enough to see the sticker and it was 289!!! It's 239 at mine and still too expensive at that...man do these guys do their research at all? I mean when it's your JOB to price things as a manager maybe just look and see that only an idiot would buy it up for more money than they can get it for regularly on Amazon...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#4596 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Got lucky and found the Emerson minifridge for $30. DPCI is 072-01-0069 if anyone interested.

Found one as well for my bedroom. I've wanted a mini fridge forever and this price was just too good to pass up.

Called 3 stores in the area and only 1 had one left in stock so was there first thing this am to get it.

The lady at the register couldn't believe it was that cheap.

#4597 Okatha

Okatha

Not a bumblebee.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hey guys, just a heads up. That 1TB HDD in the Seagate enclosure is actually something called a "FreePlay 1000GB". The drive is 15mm in height, not the 9.5mm or even 12.5mm.

I'm debating what to do with it now. I know that the HDD caddy in the PS3 can be modified to fit a 12.5mm, but I have no idea about a 15mm.

#4598 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Cobalt & Black and the Red & Black DS lites 79.xx sorry don't have the dcpi's

#4599 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Then I go to a different Target today at the Christiana Mall in DE and they had my Lumix lens so I was excited! But I got up close enough to see the sticker and it was 289!!! It's 239 at mine and still too expensive at that...man do these guys do their research at all? I mean when it's your JOB to price things as a manager maybe just look and see that only an idiot would buy it up for more money than they can get it for regularly on Amazon...

That's not how the price changing works at all at target. A manager doesn't mark the stuff down, there's a price change team who does it every Monday for the Electronics department. Different Targets have different drops at different times and they don't decide on what price to drop it down to, the PDA has the price drops on there that they have to change to the new price.

The only times the price change team has any control over what to change an item's cost to is when there's an item they're putting out as "As-is" and there was no original price, so they make up an original price then the computer usually knocks off 70-90%.

There's a lot of useful stuff on clearance at my store at the moment, picked up a bunch of awesome Blueberry Cobbler and Lemonade candles for 3.48 or 3.98, the fiance enjoyed that. A lot of entertainment centers and accent tables too. Electronics clearance should be getting pretty good within the next couple of weeks.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#4600 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

When should I expect Fifa 2012 to hit the clearance shelf? Fifa 2013 comes out Sept 25th and I didn't know historically if sports games hit the clearance shelf before or after the new version is out.

It might be a while, NHL11 just recently went on clearance and NHL 12 is still 59.99 at most stores I've been to, though this next cycle will probably put it down to 39.99 as it's normal price.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#4601 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Damn Lumix lens STILL DID NOT DROP TODAY!!!! ARRRRRRGH!

233526.png

#4602 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2 :360: today for 8.98. No one seems to be picking up the Halo Reach SEs even at the 70% off mark.

MildObstruction.png

#4603 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2 :360: today for 8.98. No one seems to be picking up the Halo Reach SEs even at the 70% off mark.

I need a copy of Reach if you want to pick one up for me :D

#4604 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Damn Lumix lens STILL DID NOT DROP TODAY!!!! ARRRRRRGH!

Drops happen on Mondays

#4605 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Called my local Target about Reach, and they said they had one left. I specifically asked the girl if they actually HAD it, and she said yes.
Ran down there just now and of course, the system showed they had it but it was nowhere to be found.

#4606 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Drops happen on Mondays

I asked them last week about it and he said they usually do'em Sundays. And I know for sure they've done them on other days sometimes too, like Thursdays and Weds...and that's at the same Target. So unless it's a new thing that they do them universally I'm pretty sure the drop dates are YMMV.

233526.png

#4607 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Called my local Target about Reach, and they said they had one left. I specifically asked the girl if they actually HAD it, and she said yes.
Ran down there just now and of course, the system showed they had it but it was nowhere to be found.

Sometimes you gotta ask them to check the back since the employee's might be hoarding them lool. That's what happened with my Uncharted CE a few months back. I felt that the employee helping me was acting a little shady and told me he hadn't seen them for months even though the price checker said they had them in stock. So I asked the on-site manager to help me out and after a few minutes of digging around in the back, she magically pulled out three of them haha.

#4608 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

I asked them last week about it and he said they usually do'em Sundays. And I know for sure they've done them on other days sometimes too, like Thursdays and Weds...and that's at the same Target. So unless it's a new thing that they do them universally I'm pretty sure the drop dates are YMMV.

Its universal. The price change team doesn't even work the weekends. The only time they do is if they are extremely behind.

#4609 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Its universal. The price change team doesn't even work the weekends. The only time they do is if they are extremely behind.

Then they're extremely behind (:booty:) at mine a lot... :cry:

233526.png

#4610 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Sometimes you gotta ask them to check the back since the employee's might be hoarding them lool. That's what happened with my Uncharted CE a few months back. I felt that the employee helping me was acting a little shady and told me he hadn't seen them for months even though the price checker said they had them in stock. So I asked the on-site manager to help me out and after a few minutes of digging around in the back, she magically pulled out three of them haha.

It's not that anyone was hoarding. Targets inventory system is all scan based, and if an item is scanned into a location in the back room but then moved without proper procedure (whether to the sales floor or another location in the backroom) the inventory system will claim that it's still available in the original back room location... Therefore creating a "ghost" copy. If you follow me....

#4611 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Its universal.

In my experience, there's nothing universal about Target clearance.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#4612 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

In my experience, there's nothing universal about Target clearance.

It's definitely not, unless like I said, it's a new thing. What MIGHT be universal is when they actually put the drops into their system. But even that at it's DEFINITELY not universal what items drop when or what percentage, etc etc etc.

233526.png

#4613 deletion

deletion

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

i have two targets in town and can say they aren't universal. even regular priced items are sometimes very different prices at my targets.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#4614 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Has the 360 Gears of War 3 bundle gone on clearance?

#4615 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Has the 360 Gears of War 3 bundle gone on clearance?

I reported it a couple months ago bit didn't have the DPCI.

#4616 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

i have two targets in town and can say they aren't universal. even regular priced items are sometimes very different prices at my targets.

:lol: I have 2 Targets on the same street 5 miles apart and their regular prices are different sometimes. Just like the local supermarkets. Is target demographic and undercover word for racism???

#4617 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

:lol: I have 2 Targets on the same street 5 miles apart and their regular prices are different sometimes. Just like the local supermarkets. Is target demographic and undercover word for racism???

I asked about this at corporate and I was informed it is based on the median income in the area. Star wars guys were $6.99 at one store and at another store 15 minutes away they were $9.99.

#4618 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

I asked about this at corporate and I was informed it is based on the median income in the area. Star wars guys were $6.99 at one store and at another store 15 minutes away they were $9.99.

I guess that's more classism than racism, but with the supermarkets most items cost more in the lower income areas.

#4619 Deezul

Deezul

Go Jackets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

I don't know about that. I've gone to the Targets in higher income areas that have lower clearance prices than the lower income areas. I think it's more the Manager's discretion when they will mark down lower, or when they need shelf space.
[URL="http://zaamit.com/content/gamercards.aspx"]Posted Image[/URL]

http://gamercard.xbo...Deezul AwT.card
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4620 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

One of my best targets is in one of the richer areas of town.