Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XIX (NINETEEN!) WIKIFIED!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4741 replies to this topic

#2881 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Managed to find one of those metallic rose DSi XL bundles at the Target I worked at this morning (the joys of working in the back). Any idea what it'd sell for nowadays? I'm not looking to make a huge profit on it, either, so if anyone's interested in it, lemme know.

eBay/Amazon both have it selling around $170 - how much did you snag it for?

#2882 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

eBay/Amazon both have it selling around $170 - how much did you snag it for?

Roughly $77.77 after a 5% redcard + 10% employee discount.

#2883 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Roughly $77.77 after a 5% redcard + 10% employee discount.

I'd be careful selling it though. I'm positive Target watches that stuff just like Best Buy. Don't want to lose your job over a small profit.

#2884 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'd be careful selling it though. I'm positive Target watches that stuff just like Best Buy. Don't want to lose your job over a small profit.

no target doesn't watch that stuff, I work there also there is nothing they can do you purchased the item so you can do whatever you want.There is no policy at target for this so he is fine.

#2885 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Am I just stupid and missing it...or has nobody posted the # for the Metallic Rose DSI XL yet?...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2886 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Am I just stupid and missing it...or has nobody posted the # for the Metallic Rose DSI XL yet?...

I'll grab it for ya. I gave up on posting 'em after they were never updated into the original post. Here's the DCPI: 207-01-0034

EDIT: Looks like trying to post the 'find in store' link with the DCPI ended up slapping this forum's link onto the front of it. No clue why.

Edited by Deserter Goose, 12 April 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#2887 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Thanks!... Not available within $75mi though, bleh.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2888 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

damn PS3 Street Fighter vs Tekken Limited Edition is still $69.99 here.

Anybody have the DCPI for this?

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#2889 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

wow Target Clearance has been great lately huh? I know it's YMMV but still, quite a few cool things to look out for.

#2890 macjz212

macjz212

Carnivorous One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yesterday I saw :wii:Monopoly + Monopoly Streets $14.98 and another interesting find....:360:Jurassic Park $29.90. It was still in the plastic case with just a shelf tag. Thought it was weird because I don't often see prices end in a "0". Keeping an eye out for future markdowns:lol:

Just remember, swords don't kill people, anime fans that think a 50-hit combo is the only way to end confrontation, kill people.

:lol:Take surveys, make money
http://www.cashcrate.com/1354408
Posted Image

#2891 Spicollidriver

Spicollidriver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I used to work for Target and there is a policy in place for selling things you bought with your discount for profit. Now whether thu watch that stuff is up for debate and it's more of a case by case basis. But I have personally known people who were fired for discount fraud.

I was wondering what's the cheapest anyone's seen the Galaxy Tab for I noticed it on clearance the other day.

#2892 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Stores around here haven't been updating their prices. Only found the GOW and Uncharted controller bundles at two stores. $42 at one, $59 at the other.
Did manage to find:
Dark Souls $12 (ps3)
Driver SF $12 (Xbox)
skate 3 $6 (ps3)
Gears of War triple pack $8

Was hoping to find Driver SF for PS3, but no local stores have it full price or otherwise.

#2893 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Can this thread be Wikified? There is a lot being added.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2894 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yesterday I saw :wii:Monopoly + Monopoly Streets $14.98 and another interesting find....:360:Jurassic Park $29.90. It was still in the plastic case with just a shelf tag. Thought it was weird because I don't often see prices end in a "0". Keeping an eye out for future markdowns:lol:

The .90 price tag isn't clearance, especially if it's still in the case with the shelf tag. I saw a .90 tag on Skyrim last week and asked the employee about it and he thought it was weird too, but said a few games have had that tag recently.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2895 TheWesker

TheWesker

$$$$$ Cheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Found two Logitech Joystick for iPad - 080 00 1479 at my Target yesterday for $5.98 a piece, normally $19.99. Good for playing virtual analog/d-pad games on your iPad. Definitely recommended at that price if you have one.

#2896 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Found two Logitech Joystick for iPad - 080 00 1479 at my Target yesterday for $5.98 a piece, normally $19.99. Good for playing virtual analog/d-pad games on your iPad. Definitely recommended at that price if you have one.

You might like the "Joystick It", as well. You can find it on eBay for $2.99 and up. Cheaper if you can wait a little longer VS buying it from the US.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2316f9f8c3

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a168efa30

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2897 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

I used to work for Target and there is a policy in place for selling things you bought with your discount for profit. Now whether thu watch that stuff is up for debate and it's more of a case by case basis. But I have personally known people who were fired for discount fraud.

I was wondering what's the cheapest anyone's seen the Galaxy Tab for I noticed it on clearance the other day.

how is this considered discount fraud? sounds rediculous to me...

#2898 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I saw 2 Gameboy Color games at my Target the other day. LotR: Two Towers and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland. However the shrinkwrap was torn on both. Someone stole the Kirby game cartridge, but if someone wants the box and manuals for $4 it's still there lol. I assume the Two Towers cartridge is still in there because it had some weight to it. Couldn't check because someone taped up the shrinkwrap.

#2899 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

That is just absolutely fuckin' ridiculous to me. What business is it of ANY company what I do with shit I bought with my money with a discount they give me for being an employee there. I guess this means I'm never gonna work for either chain, since just like a company telling me how I have to shave my damn face due to their 'dress code' a company telling me what I can and can't sell can go eat a big fat veiny one.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2900 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

how is this considered discount fraud? sounds rediculous to me...

Probably in the terms of the employee discount, there is a line about it only being for personal use, and not given to others, resale, etc... I think most stores with employee discounts do the same.

Otherwise, an employee could technically advertise 10% off the whole store to anyone, as long as they pay you to buy it for them.

#2901 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

That is just absolutely fuckin' ridiculous to me. What business is it of ANY company what I do with shit I bought with my money with a discount they give me for being an employee there. I guess this means I'm never gonna work for either chain, since just like a company telling me how I have to shave my damn face due to their 'dress code' a company telling me what I can and can't sell can go eat a big fat veiny one.

Then don't sign the paper agreeing to their terms, and work somewhere that doesn't give discounts. Problem solved.

#2902 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

The discount is intended for the employee and their immediate family.

#2903 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Probably in the terms of the employee discount, there is a line about it only being for personal use, and not given to others, resale, etc... I think most stores with employee discounts do the same.

Otherwise, an employee could technically advertise 10% off the whole store to anyone, as long as they pay you to buy it for them.

This would never happen around my area. :-#

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#2904 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Then don't work there.

#2905 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

It's a simple example of what is worth more, benefits with limitations or no benefits? The true question I would have if I was an employee subject to such rules would be the boundaries on the rule. What if you bought 25 Mario Kart's because you love the game and thought that everyone you know should have it. That might be considered excessive to Target and they might consider it as reselling. If they leave the triggers of the rule gray then it becomes an easy policy to point to and justify firing employees whether it's true or not. One person might get fired for buying 10 Wii's while another person might get fired for buying 3 TV's. It's entirely subjective to Target unless it's defined.

#2906 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

While I can understand being strict on the policy if someone were buying THOUSANDS of dollars worth of items solely to resell, what I cannot stomach is if they fired an employee who bought something originally for their own use but changed their mind on and decided to resell it instead of returning it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2907 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

While I can understand being strict on the policy if someone were buying THOUSANDS of dollars worth of items solely to resell, what I cannot stomach is if they fired an employee who bought something originally for their own use but changed their mind on and decided to resell it instead of returning it.

Then everyone will use that excuse. If you don't return it, and sell it for profit, you're probably violating the employer discount policy.

It's the same for taxes. You supposed to pay the sales tax rate for where the item is going to be used, not where you buy it. And there's tax on profit from reselling.

#2908 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

I think it's funny the same people who cry foul when they claim employees hoard or hide the best clearance deals for themselves get up in arms about a policy designed to prevent employee hoarding and reselling so other customers can have a fair go at the merchandise. Go figure.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2909 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

at the skateboard/shoes/apparel companies i've worked for, several dudes got fired because they were caught trading in/reselling product either at local skate shops or on ebay. just sayin.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2910 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Went ahead and picked up Homefront for 8.98. Fyi it was still marked 15 bucks or so.