Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Target Clearance Thread XIX (NINETEEN!) WIKIFIED!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4741 replies to this topic

#2911 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Just picked up Dead Space 2 (360) for 14.98 and Driver SF (360) for 10.98. Other than that there wasn't anything special.

Other sales:

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record (360) 19.98
Space Marine (PS3/360) 19.98
Socom 4 14.98
Ratchet and Clank A Crank in Time 14.98
inFamous 14.98
Rage (360) 20.98
Centipede 3D 9.98
Marvel Udraw (360) 9.98
Leela 19.98
MLB The Show 2011 (PSP) 9.98
Puss and boots (360) 9.98

Still can't find a copy of Dark Souls :( if anyone picks up a clearance Dark Souls (PS3) I'll glady pay for it + shipping!

Edited by Namerson, 12 April 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#2912 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Lmao. All of that employee selling chat sounds like nonsense. All they have to do is be smart about it and/or have someone they trust sell it for them. Probably lots of them reselling just fine.

Better yet, not take the additional 10% discount.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2913 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Just picked up Dead Space 2 (360) for 14.98 and Driver SF (360) for 10.98. Other than that there wasn't anything special.

Other sales:

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record 19.98

Still can't find a copy of Dark Souls :( if anyone picks up a clearance Dark Souls I'll glady pay for it + shipping!

Same boat on dark souls (360 puhlease!)

In regards to the DR2, is this 360?

#2914 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think it's funny the same people who cry foul when they claim employees hoard or hide the best clearance deals for themselves get up in arms about a policy designed to prevent employee hoarding and reselling so other customers can have a fair go at the merchandise. Go figure.

Some people just need a reason to be outraged, it seems.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2915 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Same boat on dark souls (360 puhlease!)

In regards to the DR2, is this 360?

Yes sorry I'll fix it.

#2916 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yes sorry I'll fix it.

Don't apologize to me, that info made me smile! Thank You! What area are you from? I hope it drops around Pittsburgh soon, would love to snag that game.

You looking for 360 or PS3 dark souls? I will keep my eye out for ya, found a couple a few weeks ago for PS3 @$27.98 seems to be a random find around my area though, so places have the PS3 version @$40 still.

#2917 Spicollidriver

Spicollidriver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

I seemed to have started something here. I'm not defending the policy nor do I work for them anymore. But it is spelled out for you when you are hired and periodically they post reminders if you are making a profit off your discount you can be terminated. You want a dumber policy that I think was finally gotten rid of originally you could not not use your discount do you could sell stuff which never made sense to me.

#2918 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

sorry if this was posted by i spotted Infamous on clearance for $14.98, it wasn't in the clearance section there was just a clearance sticker on the right on the game display.

#2919 Spicollidriver

Spicollidriver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

One last addition it is sort of tracked automatically. I knew some examples of people buying multiple wii's and ps3's when they came out with there discounts and were dismissed.

#2920 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Alhambra: :ps3: Skate 3 9.xx, and I grabbed the last UC bundle for $30. Marked at $41, I asked him to scan it, and he just looked at it and said "It's 30 bucks".

Asked if there are any others left, the gaming depart rep smiled and said: "Yeah we have 3 in the back" Then I got excited, and he said: "Just Kidding." Sir, if you are a CAG and reading this, you got me good.

EDIT: Also grabbed :ps3: Dead Space 2 LE w/Extraction on disc, for $15. I already have the game, so if anybody want it, PM me, not looking for any profit except the tax, shipping and half a gallon of gas.

Edited by TooPoor, 12 April 2012 - 10:03 PM.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2921 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

One last addition it is sort of tracked automatically. I knew some examples of people buying multiple wii's and ps3's when they came out with there discounts and were dismissed.

That I can definitely see as being very easily tracked, since they usually do scan/enter in the serial #'s on game consoles when they're originally bought. But someone entered the serial # in an online auction on the information screen, how do they know for certain that it is you selling it? Do they then require you to give them any eBay/Amazon account information to further their own investigations? Where does it end and when do people say 'Fuck you' to companies with policies like this?

It just seems to me like there's far too much Big Brother type activity being freely allowed by people just so they can gain employment with a company. It's still bs that you essentially have to give up any rights to your freedom just to become a wage slave to a corporation that only cares about their profits and if THEY are making the bigger chunk of change.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2922 vincentgrey

vincentgrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Went to to the Target at Cityplace in Dallas. They had a lot of the stuff thats been mentioned here, but nothing I wanted. They did have a ton of Sing It Disney w/ Mic(PS3) for 8.98 though. Thats about the only new thing I saw. And all their clearance games are now in the display section with the rest of the games, though they have stickers now.
Posted Image

#2923 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

It's still bs that you essentially have to give up any rights to your freedom just to become a wage slave to a corporation that only cares about their profits and if THEY are making the bigger chunk of change.:roll:

Then don't buy it on employee discount if you're going to sell it for profit.

It's not giving up rights. It's not a requirement for a company to give you employee discounts. They do it at their expense.

You also don't have to work there.

And what about non-disclosure clauses? Oh no, my freedom of speech is violated. Actually, I guess you can blab, but they can sue you for their loss.

#2924 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Then don't buy it on employee discount if you're going to sell it for profit.

It's not giving up rights. It's not a requirement for a company to give you employee discounts. They do it at their expense.

You also don't have to work there.

And what about non-disclosure clauses? Oh no, my freedom of speech is violated. Actually, I guess you can blab, but they can sue you for their loss.

But what if it's NOT you selling it? Let's say you buy something with the employee discount and give it to a friend/relative as a present. They don't like it, but they choose to sell it on eBay or wherever. Because it was from a purchase made on your discount, are you then penalized? If so, that too is nonsense.

Either way, I just find it funny how many people are willing to give up their freedom just to work for a company and be so restricted. I'm not saying you should be able to buy thousands in merchandise and resell it. But if you buy something on your discount and find out it's worth more on the open market rather than returning it, you should have the right to sell something that YOU PAID FOR(discount or not).

THAT is the part I take issue with most, in that you paid for the item(s) and the company still made some money on them. But God help you if you try and sell it rather than return it if you don't want it.

Posted Image

#2925 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

I gotta ask... why in the hell do we have 15 different threads for target clearance items? We had a master list for a reason and now the forum is becoming cluttered.

#2926 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

I gotta ask... why in the hell do we have 15 different threads for target clearance items? We had a master list for a reason and now the forum is becoming cluttered.

People like to feel important.

#2927 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

That's because those deals 'deserve' their own thread, according to the people who posted them and those who responded. In other words, because someone couldn't be bothered to read the OP of this thread or keep up with the last 2-3 pages of posts(i.e. being fuckin' lazy).

Posted Image

#2928 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Right? I mean this thread is always on the first page with CAPITAL letters and people still feel the need to post a new thread. Right now on the first page there's at least six Target threads ranging from Dead Space 2 to Controllers and DS bundles.

#2929 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Other sales:

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record (360) 19.98
Space Marine (PS3/360) 19.98
Socom 4 14.98
Ratchet and Clank A Crank in Time 14.98
inFamous 14.98
Rage (360) 20.98
Centipede 3D 9.98
Marvel Udraw (360) 9.98
Leela 19.98
MLB The Show 2011 (PSP) 9.98
Puss and boots (360) 9.98

Still can't find a copy of Dark Souls :( if anyone picks up a clearance Dark Souls (PS3) I'll glady pay for it + shipping!

Right? I mean this thread is always on the first page with CAPITAL letters and people still feel the need to post a new thread. Right now on the first page there's at least six Target threads ranging from Dead Space 2 to Controllers and DS bundles.

Quick, let's make ten more threads for every clearance game, ever! Don't forget YMMV............

#2930 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Quick, let's make ten more threads for every clearance game, ever! Don't forget YMMV............

Don't tempt me. I've been VERY tempted to do just that to prove a point.

Posted Image

#2931 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

The only Dark Souls I've seen on clearance have been for PS3 and only at a couple stores. All other stores have it in stock for $40 on both systems.

#2932 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

That's because those deals 'deserve' their own thread, according to the people who posted them and those who responded. In other words, because someone couldn't be bothered to read the OP of this thread or keep up with the last 2-3 pages of posts(i.e. being fuckin' lazy).

Agreed. The only exception should be for consoles that have a really good clearance.

I need a new signature.

#2933 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Don't tempt me. I've been VERY tempted to do just that to prove a point.

For once we do agree on something. I would never do it but (secretly) I wish it was done for the principle.

#2934 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

The only Dark Souls I've seen on clearance have been for PS3 and only at a couple stores. All other stores have it in stock for $40 on both systems.

I've probably wasted enough gas to buy a new copy just going every week to check the Targets for a clearance PS3 Dark Souls.

#2935 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Ouch. Surprised my comment about the discount sparked so much conversation. The fun part's that my Target doesn't give a Shaq Fu about using your discount for anything - heck, the higher ups even said that if you knew someone who wanted something, just buy it with your discount and they wouldn't care.

So... YMMV, fellow Target employees.

#2936 HyundaiJVX

HyundaiJVX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

The one in SOUTH Irving, Texas had Ace Combat: AH for X360 , James Noir's Hollywood Crimes for 3DS, and Driver SF for PS3 all for $11.98.

I may have gotten the last Ace Combat. It was inline with the Xbox games, the James Noir was in a little box by the 3DS demo unit, Driver was on a clearance endcap. Some of the other games mentioned they still had plenty of.

I didn't see it mentioned, I didn't really check much, they also had the Uncharted Dual Shock bundle for $44.

Happy to get some good deals. April's been a killer month for me. Up to 7 games this month. Yuck.

#2937 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

No doubt it's tracked automatically, no "sort of" about it. Target would be stupid not to track use (and abuse) of its employee discount. I'd assume each employee has a unique ID number, and has to enter it at checkout to receive the employee discount (in fact IIRC someone here mentioned something to that effect...probably have to show some employer ID card or their badge as well to avoid people who might know how the system works from claiming to be employees to get the additional discount).

That allows their systems to easily check and track purchase history for employees and no doubt automatically red flags any misuse, such as say buying X amount of the same "hot" items (games, systems, electronics, clearance, Legos definitely).

Consumers already know just how finely tuned target "guest ID" tracking is for them; chances are they know if someone in your household is preggers. It's at least the same for their employees.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2938 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Ouch. Surprised my comment about the discount sparked so much conversation. The fun part's that my Target doesn't give a Shaq Fu about using your discount for anything - heck, the higher ups even said that if you knew someone who wanted something, just buy it with your discount and they wouldn't care.

So... YMMV, fellow Target employees.

You're technically not supposed to purchase anything for other people, so if you do, keep it on the down low.

#2939 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

BECAUSE THOSE DEALS ARE EXTRA SPECIAL!!! (JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO START THOSE REDUNDANT THREADS) :lol:

Right :applause:

Romeo and IATCG are right! There are soooooo many more Target clearance items that need their own (YMMV) threads! Each of the PS Move games and the Vita games/accessories, at the very least each deserve their own thread woooooo :whee:!

Edited by karkyco, 12 April 2012 - 11:32 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2940 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I found a copy of Tiger Woods 13 Masters edition on the clearance shelf with a sticker for $8.98. It rang up full price. Like the non-confrontational d-bag I am, I didn't raise a fuss. Probably should have. :(