PSP Extended Life Battery Kit $10.00 @ Wal-Mart

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Eoyote

Eoyote

DLC - Disc Locked Content

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

Continuing their clearance of various accessories, I spotted this at my local Wal-Mart for $10.00 (was $20 last week). Pretty decent considering it goes for over $20-25 at most places. Also, from what I've read, these were discontinued back in 2008 so they are somewhat rare.

Posted Image

http://imageshack.us...spbatteryk.jpg/

Edited by Eoyote, 23 November 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#2 djsaiyan

djsaiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

I have three of these. Well worth the money, even when they were full price.

I'd so go snake another one if my PSP wasn't three months away from becoming a dust collector.

#3 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

I use one on my PSP, it's cool.

#4 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:34 AM

I bought one just before it got discontinued and I gotta say, I've been impressed ever since. It really doubles the battery life. I can get 14 hours if I play games off the memory stick. You wouldn't dream of this on a PSP-2000 with the regular battery.

This was well worth 40 bucks for me back in 2008. Even today, $10 is a steal, if you can find it. Just be sure you have either a white, silver or black PSP, as it only comes with these colors of battery cover.
Posted Image

#5 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Is it still worth it after all these years? The battery life hasn't diminished that much in the three or four years?

#6 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Is it still worth it after all these years? The battery life hasn't diminished that much in the three or four years?

As far as I can tell, it's pretty much still at 90% of what it could originally do, and I played with that thing all day long up until last year. Some people don't like the fact the battery cover sticks out a bit, but I think it actually adds grip to the PSP, it's easier to hold in my hands with it.
Posted Image

#7 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

Thanks OP! I'll keep my eyes peeled for one of these if I get out in this blizzard later tonight.

#8 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Just be sure you have either a white, silver or black PSP, as it only comes with these colors of battery cover.

I use the silver cover on my lilac PSP, it matches the silver trim and looks great.

#9 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

I finally saw a few of these at Walmart and they're $20. :/

#10 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

I finally saw a few of these at Walmart and they're $20. :/

Still worth it.

EDIT: $20 at my local store as well.

Edited by matsam, 03 December 2011 - 03:24 AM.