Photo
- - - - -

RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#31 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

I imagine FUNi will pick the TV series up once it's gone since the movies are selling well.

As for today's sale - One Piece Season 1 for $28 (Collections 1 and 2 together) is not bad at all. Tempted to pick those up along with the Spice & Wolf bundle. Ugh, and there's also the Cutey Honey double DVD release. Too much want.

#32 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

Any thoughts on Nanaka 6/17? The premise sounds promising.

It's a whimsical series with a dab of seriousness in the last episodes, but it never concludes to a resolution.

#33 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

If anyone is interested in Oreimo, you better buy it now, since Right Stuf only has about 59 left. There probably aren't going to be anymore made once it sells out.

Hoo boy, now I have to ask this again: Is the dub for Clannad (and subsequently After Story) worth watching? I could get the entire series for just under $24, but it would be sub only--would it be worth spending more than double that for a dub track?

Nope, not really. Most of the performances in the English dub are either out of character or poorly executed, except for one character — Fuko. So no, I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, do not buy the Clannad movie. It is absolutely horrible. It butchers the story from both Clannad and After Story. Also, the music is forgettable, the voice acting is mediocre, and the animation is unremarkable.

#34 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

via TRSI

I hope this somehow means we will be getting a Blu-Ray release of the original series and End of Evangelion.

#35 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:23 AM

I hope this somehow means we will be getting a Blu-Ray release of the original series and End of Evangelion.

Not until after Japan gets them. But obviously it's going to happen at some point.
Posted Image

#36 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

hmm how was Skull Man. $5.99 seems a wicked price for a 13 ep series. but was it that bad to be only $6 this soon?

also, for the clannad sets... why is it MORE expensive to get the complete collections ($27.99 each) vs. just get all 4 halves of the series for $5.99 each ($56 for the whole series getting complete collections vs. $24 for the whole series getting all 4 halves)

Edited by wormraper, 30 November 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#37 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

hmm how was Skull Man. $5.99 seems a wicked price for a 13 ep series. but was it that bad to be only $6 this soon?

Skull Man is entertaining enough for $6.
Posted Image

#38 Afflicted

Afflicted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

Anyone recommend "Samurai Girls (Blu-ray)" for $27.99...???

Not sure if I would recommend it... I watched it to the end and did enjoy it while watching, but it is rather forgettable. It did have a pretty interesting art style tho and that was probably the best part of the series imo.

At the price point I would prolly point toward Angel Beats! over this. Of course that being said... they're not really the same genre...

#39 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:06 AM

also, for the clannad sets... why is it MORE expensive to get the complete collections ($27.99 each) vs. just get all 4 halves of the series for $5.99 each ($56 for the whole series getting complete collections vs. $24 for the whole series getting all 4 halves)

The two $27.99 sets have an English dub track while the four $5.99 sets are sub-only...hence why I was asking if the dub was worth paying twice as much (thanks to all who answered, BTW :)).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#40 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

The two $27.99 sets have an English dub track while the four $5.99 sets are sub-only...hence why I was asking if the dub was worth paying twice as much (thanks to all who answered, BTW :)).

ahhh, thanks for the info, I remember that whole debacle of complaints for Sentai doing that. well since I only listen to subbed audio works out perfect for me. $24 for 2 full seasons of what I've heard is a fantastic series. can't complain

#41 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

Anyone recommend "Samurai Girls (Blu-ray)" for $27.99...???

It was watchable, but not something I'd buy.
[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]

#42 TheKindred

TheKindred

Now with marshmallows

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:21 AM

I have been out of the anime game for a while

An new anime.. with a lot of action ( ex. trigun,gungrave, and evangalion)
any suggestions? thanks
Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah...um did I come in with pants?????

#43 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

any suggestions? thanks

well, if we're going off of the list in this thread

Trigun Badlands
Full Metal panic
Madlax

#44 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

well, if we're going off of the list in this thread

Trigun Badlands
Full Metal panic
Madlax

Madlax was pretty boring.

#45 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

any suggestions? thanks

I'd personally recommend picking up One Piece collections 1 and 2 in the sale since they're $14 each. It takes almost 40 episodes for the plot to get going, but in the scheme of the show (500+ episodes and still going) it's a minimal investment in time and even if the plot isn't there from the beginning, it still has a lot of action. Just make sure you can stomach the art style first, it's a love/hate thing.

---

#46 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

One piece is an awesome del for that price! Gonna pick up collection 2. Does anyone recommend clannad

#47 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

Try One Piece before buying it. I absolutely love the manga, but can't stomach the anime at all. It feels like a kiddy show. Definitely ended up with a different tone (damn American marketing >:/ lol)

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#48 kona

kona

denham's dentrifice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

excuse me while I go burn my wallet...

#49 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

Try One Piece before buying it. I absolutely love the manga, but can't stomach the anime at all. It feels like a kiddy show. Definitely ended up with a different tone (damn American marketing >:/ lol)

Are you talking about the 4kids dub or the Funimation dub? The 4kids dub was indeed horrible between the bad voices, replacement music, and extreme censorship, but the Funi dub is at least tolerable to me and much more faithful to the Japanese language version. You can test out the dub at Funi's official One Piece site if you'd like, and keep in mind that the release is dual audio if you still want to watch the show but don't think that you can handle the dub.

---

#50 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

excuse me while I go burn my wallet...

no kidding. I saw the titles and prices and my wallet ran in sheer terror

#51 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

The funi release is actually a different voice cast O_o now I am intrigued!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#52 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

Where have you been the past few years?
Posted Image

#53 jello44

jello44

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

So... Badlands Rumble worth it?

#54 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Enjoy :D Watch some Funi episodes and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

So... Badlands Rumble worth it?

So, so, so very much. It's everything that was ever great about Trigun.

---

#55 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

Where have you been the past few years?

I saw the abhorrent mess that was on TV, wrote it off, and happily went back to the manga. I can't think of any other shows off the top of my head that has 2 English dubs (NOT counting DBZ) so the thought never crossed my mind.

#56 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

I saw the abhorrent mess that was on TV, wrote it off, and happily went back to the manga. I can't think of any other shows off the top of my head that has 2 English dubs (NOT counting DBZ) so the thought never crossed my mind.

You and everyone else did the same. The 4kids dub is the reason that One Piece didn't get its fair shot in the American market and its rightful place as a high-selling shounen series alongside the likes of Naruto and Bleach in spite of it being the single most popular manga in Japan. Thanks a lot 4kids :roll:

Though I'll admit that the terrible expository theme song that they created for the show is still stuck in my head after all of these years. Oneeeee Piece, it's the naaaame of the treasure in the Graaaaaaand Lineeeeeee :lol:

---

#57 jello44

jello44

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

So, so, so very much. It's everything that was ever great about Trigun.

Word.

Now to wait to see if there are any other deals worth grabbing so I can combine shipping.

72768.png

#58 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

Word.

Now to wait to see if there are any other deals worth grabbing so I can combine shipping.

The thing I like about this sale is that the deals from each day don't expire at the end of that day. I'm down for both One Piece volumes and Badlands Rumble but I need a little more to get me over the free S&H hurdle.

I wonder what the odds of seeing any Nozomi Entertainment stuff in this sale are. I'd really like to get the first two Utena boxes at a slight discount to make up for the fact that the final box is inexplicably so much more expensive.

---

#59 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

The thing I like about this sale is that the deals from each day don't expire at the end of that day. I'm down for both One Piece volumes and Badlands Rumble but I need a little more to get me over the free S&H hurdle.

I wonder what the odds of seeing any Nozomi Entertainment stuff in this sale are. I'd really like to get the first two Utena boxes at a slight discount to make up for the fact that the final box is inexplicably so much more expensive.

agreed, that's one of the kewl things that Santa kleckner does for us on his 12+ days of christmas. gives me time to choose the cream of the crop from the 12 days and get my little bundle of joy (limited funds means I can't get EVERYTHING I want on there)

#60 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

If anyone is interested in Oreimo, you better buy it now, since Right Stuf only has about 59 left. There probably aren't going to be anymore made once it sells out.

-DVD only, no Blu-ray
-Limited Edition is the ONLY edition
-No dub
-$60 to $75 release for a 16 episode series

Fuck you, Aniplex. That is NOT cool.