Photo
- - - - -

RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#61 Reguard

Reguard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Picked up Badland. Brings back memories from the series.

#62 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

I do love reading the One Piece manga, but I find watching the anime to be a rather agonizing experience since everything takes too long to unfold, Funidub or not. I fell asleep watching the Alabaster arc, even though the show says the events take place in 25 minutes. Then again that is the problem with most popular series transitioned into another medium.

I would so get the Apollo's Song twopack if only I didn't waste so much money in the past month.

Batsugunner.png

#63 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

I do love reading the One Piece manga, but I find watching the anime to be a rather agonizing experience since everything takes too long to unfold, Funidub or not. I fell asleep watching the Alabaster arc, even though the show says the events take place in 25 minutes. Then again that is the problem with most popular series transitioned into another medium.

I would so get the Apollo's Song twopack if only I didn't waste so much money in the past month.

The Alabasta episodes have nothing on the CP9 arc. Holy hell, did Toei drag that one out. Then again, not surprising since they dragged out Namek's explosion with DBZ.

#64 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

Man that was a hellish four months of airtime.
It's funny that the DVD version of the Fist of the North Star sidestory is in the Bargain Bin, and Rightstuf is selling the newer edition for almost 4x more.

I'm hoping the Supernatural anime would be in this sale.

Batsugunner.png

#65 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

Day 3:

Edited by WTK, 30 November 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#66 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Yes, hentai! No idea what the bundle actually is though.

#67 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Judging by the thumbnail, they're hentai PC games.

Thankfully, nothing today that's gonna make me wanna add more to what I want.

#68 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

Judging by the thumbnail, they're hentai PC games.

Thankfully, nothing today that's gonna make me wanna add more to what I want.

Ah. I don't see the thumbnails lol. Not that I'm buying it anyways.

Haven't wanted anything all three days, but I already bought the action pack (gonna try to sell Gantz and Boccano!, and keep Chaos;head), the yuu yuu hakusho bundle, Oreimo, Madoka, and caught up on manga released as I hadn't bought any since last December....

Madoka is friggin expensive, but it was in my cart for like two months, so I just bought it.

#69 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Waiting until the final days until I pick some stuff up. Shipping kills it for me, so I hope by the final day, I can reach $50 in total. Really want that North Star side story, hope it doesn't sell out.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#70 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

Princess Tutu for $15....I might have considered picking that up if I already didn't order it from DeepDiscount for $6. I'm hoping that they will fulfill my order----when I emailed them about it, DD replied that it's on Backorder, but they will ship it to me as soon as it's in stock. I'm fine with waiting a few weeks, but I hope it doesn't take several months :roll:

#71 Easystride

Easystride

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Tempted to get the two One Piece sets. What are RightStuf's shipping charges? I can't seem to find exact cost on their site.

#72 hiamiyumi

hiamiyumi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Tempted to get the two One Piece sets. What are RightStuf's shipping charges? I can't seem to find exact cost on their site.

http://www.rightstuf...shipping/#Rates

#73 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

HRRRGH, I've got Angel Beats! and the four Clannad subbed sets in my cart, but I'm $1.05 short for free shipping! Can anyone recommend anything very, very inexpensive that I can add to get the free shipping? Those anime are basically all that interest me (hopefully nothing else will for the sake of my wallet :lol:).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#74 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

HRRRGH, I've got Angel Beats! and the four Clannad subbed sets in my cart, but I'm $1.05 short for free shipping! Can anyone recommend anything very, very inexpensive that I can add to get the free shipping? Those anime are basically all that interest me (hopefully nothing else will for the sake of my wallet :lol:).

Put two of these in your cart and you'll be done.

-DVD only, no Blu-ray
-Limited Edition is the ONLY edition
-No dub
-$60 to $75 release for a 16 episode series

Fuck you, Aniplex. That is NOT cool.

I agree 100%. Until they give me oreimo on blu along with at least some of the extras seen in the Japanese version (namely the commentary) then they won't be seeing my cash.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#75 zulux21

zulux21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

I personally like to pad my orders with http://www.rightstuf...m/88427/4/153/0 blind box bargain items (also come in 5, 10 and 25 values but two $1 would get you free shipping) of course I am a sucker for random items lol.

edit: I see the person above me also likes the blind box items :P

alternatively you could wait to see what else comes out in the next few days of sales and see if something else that is cheap gets added.

#76 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

I agree 100%. Until they give me oreimo on blu along with at least some of the extras seen in the Japanese version (namely the commentary) then they won't be seeing my cash.

They didn't even include the commentary? :bomb:

#77 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

Day three comes through! In for the Hidamari Sketch volumes.

The Alabasta episodes have nothing on the CP9 arc. Holy hell, did Toei drag that one out. Then again, not surprising since they dragged out Namek's explosion with DBZ.

Yeah, I thought Alabasta was paced okay with the exception of the couple of filler episodes with Ace. Stuff like Enies Lobby, parts of Thriller Bark, and Impel Down felt downright glacial to me, but the effect is lessened somewhat when you're marathoning a lot of episodes at once as opposed to one a week.

Even if the anime has its issues, I still recommend it just because it brings the characters and world to life. The most dramatic scenes in the manga are still executed with perfection and exceed the original in several cases, so I think experiencing the highs is worth experiencing the lows.

---

#78 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

I'm all over Darker Than Black. If they can have a deal for season 2 and Gun x Sword then I'll pretty much be caught up on all the anime I wanted to get. Come on rightstuf!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#79 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Put two of these in your cart and you'll be done.

Awesome, thanks! I placed the order and I'm pretty dang happy that I'm getting two of the best anime I've watched in recent memory (one of which is split across two seasons) for under $50, and I'll be getting two surprise items to boot! :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#80 Easystride

Easystride

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

http://www.rightstuf...shipping/#Rates

Ah, thanks! I feel so stupid for not seeing that.

#81 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

Lookie lookie what I found: http://www.rightstuf...tem/81583/4/0/0

Includes the hilarious end of series commentary by "Shinji" as an easter egg.

#82 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

I would encourage everyone that is debating about Clannad (and is perhaps waiting for other sale items to fill their cart) to make your minds up in a hurry.

They have exactly 6 copies of After Story Collection 2 left in stock.

#83 Afflicted

Afflicted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

I would encourage everyone that is debating about Clannad (and is perhaps waiting for other sale items to fill their cart) to make your minds up in a hurry.

They have exactly 6 copies of After Story Collection 2 left in stock.

gone already

#84 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

gone already

:shock: Wow. I'm so glad I decided to get all of the Clannad sets before I left for work instead of thinking about it. Is that set particularly rare or something? :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#85 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

Day three comes through! In for the Hidamari Sketch volumes.

One of my favorite Slice-of-Life comedies. :)

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#86 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

gone already

that's horse crap. why is he including limited quantity sets in his 12+ days of xmas sale?? if you're gonna have a sale for 12+ days make sure you have enough stock to FILL all orders for all 12+ days. this putting bargain bin crap that has limited quantities into the sale is garbage. leave bargain bin stuff in the bargain bin. put full stocked items in the 12 days of christmas

#87 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:37 AM

that's horse crap. why is he including limited quantity sets in his 12+ days of xmas sale?? if you're gonna have a sale for 12+ days make sure you have enough stock to FILL all orders for all 12+ days. this putting bargain bin crap that has limited quantities into the sale is garbage. leave bargain bin stuff in the bargain bin. put full stocked items in the 12 days of christmas

Pretty sure the point is so they can get rid of the stock. Otherwise no one would have any reason to get those over the single box sets.

#88 shinryu333

shinryu333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

oh great...the only one that i really wanna get and watch went out of stock. Clannad After Story DVD Collection 2. WARNING: this anime dvd collection will even make grown man cry. prepare 'em tissues guys and gals

#89 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I don't know that the last set is particularly rare, it just happened to be the set that had the lowest stock out of the four sets. Look at Deep Dsicount's big sale. They didn't have any copies of After Story set 1, but RS still has around 100 copies of that left.

I'd also like to point out, that although there were limited quantities of the smaller sets, you'll have no problems getting the season sets or the bundle throughout the entire sale. Those are the items that are part of the sale, the discount on the bargain bin stuff was just something extra thrown in as a bonus to the people that visited the site more frequently.

I'll give a similar warning for set 2 of season 1. There's around 35 copies of it left in stock, so those interested in getting the first season this way should probably make up their minds soon as well.

#90 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

There's no way to guarantee that... Items went out of stock every year too. This is nothing new. If you wanted it, you should have bought it.