Photo
- - - - -

RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#121 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

Question? How is Digi Charat? I remember back in day the mew noise drove me crazy. But story...ect....is it worth $5.99

#122 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

I remember getting a DVD with an episode of Panyo Panyo DGC in an issue of Newtype a long time ago. The episode I watched was cute and catchy enough to warrant picking it up.

I'd say if you're looking for story though, look elsewhere. However, if you need some filler items for free shipping, or just want something that's the equivalent of a Saturday Morning Cartoon (self contained episodes, short, humorous), then I'd certainly pick it up.

#123 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

Great price on Xam'd blus
Posted Image

#124 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Interested in the Xam'd blus, but I know they'll be releasing a complete collection in February of next year. I'm just wondering if the packaging of that will be nicer than buying the separate collections. Decisions, decisions....

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#125 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

That Bamboo Blade price is awesome. I bought it in July for twice that. Good show too (imo). That Xam'd price looks pretty good too...tempting...I don't think the anime was that good though (average), so may be a perma-pass.

Mmmm, great price on Genshiken 2 also. Has it been lower than that before? Was hoping for a 1+2 combo. Maybe 1 will be on sale tomorrow. Ga-Rei is also good, $2 / episode is rough when most sales go below that. Plus it's Funimation and they are good about reducing costs. Not sure if this is selling well enough to benefit from a reprint. Rightstuf has been getting a lot of $$ from me in these sales.

Edited by starkillr, 02 December 2011 - 08:40 PM.

#126 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

I didn't really like X'amd, although the first few episodes were awesome and promised great potential for the series. It never really lived up to that potential, though, and in the end, it felt more like "Eureka Seven LITE EDITION"

#127 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

X'amd needed to be twice as long. It became a massive trainwreck of interweaving plots toward the end, so much disappointment.

Nothing for me today, we're not even halfway through, though.

---

#128 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

How's Canaan? That's the only one slightly tempting me so far.

#129 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

X'amd needed to be twice as long. It became a massive trainwreck of interweaving plots toward the end, so much disappointment.

Yeah, I thought that was a major issue about X'amd too---the plot's scope was so massive, but you can only accomplish so much in 26 episodes.

#130 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

As an FYI - I just saw a Genshiken Complete Collection (2011) on Amazon that has S1, 2, and the OVAs for $30. That's pretty uber. I bought the last 1 of 2 they claim they had left in stock.

As for Canaan, I found that show underwhelming. Character relationships are just weak and the overall plot felt weak. It just didn't draw me in. I did waste time watching the whole thing though, so I guess there's something to be said about it.

#131 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Totally agree, "trainwreck" is definitely the right word for it.
Posted Image

#132 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

How's Canaan? That's the only one slightly tempting me so far.

Well, a little background on Canaan. It's a prequel to a Wii game called 428 that scored a 40/40 in Famitsu and was basically a point-and-click adventure game with live-action cutscenes that dealt with a terrorist plot in Shibuya....or something. Obviously it never made it out of Japan.

Canaan is what happens when you take a serious concept and drown it in anime tropes. It has a deceptively-good first episode, but everything after that just doesn't maintain any level of quality. The plot itself isn't offensive, but there were no likable characters in the whole show to me, which hurt when so much of it was about the past relationship between the flat (in more ways than one, hurr hurr) protagonist and the unconvincing antagonist who was pretty much a bad knockoff of Revy from Black Lagoon. Add in a bunch of minor characters who are basically morons and viewer-inserts and just there to complicate the plot/establish relationships and there's not a lot of fun to be had.

I think that the only reason I made it through the show was because I'm partial to Type-Moon character designs.

---

#133 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

That's exactly why they're not releasing anymore. Because no one's buying the DVDs. Same reason Viz canned the manga release. These companies need to be shown there's some form of demand for the series outside of streaming.

I hate it when companies do this. It's the reason I haven't been buying the gintama sets to begin with. I didn't want to start buying something that wouldn't be completed, and with good reason.

If they just made a solid commitment and let customers know from the beginning that they would finish out the series I would've gotten them long ago.

Do you know if they're going to be giving Eyeshield 21 the same treatment?

MyAnimeList

#134 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

This is unrelated to the RightStuf sales, but I figure there's more traffic here and I'd have better luck getting a response: Can anyone recommend Eden of the East: The Complete Series (:dvd:) for just under $18 from Amazon? It's in my Gold Box today, and I'm tempted to bite for that price...

I enjoyed watching the show subbed as it premiered, but I've heard not-so-good things about the film sequels, which is why I haven't gotten the collection before now--I'd want to finish the story.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#135 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:28 AM

If anyone hasn't already bought Now and Then, Here and There, then shame on you. After you buy it, make sure to wait and watch it after the holidays; that is, unless you want to ruin your holiday cheer.

Everyone should also be buying Bunny Drop. Volumes 1-4 are fantastic. Volume 5 doesn't come out until March, so I can't speak to how good it is after things change in the story. However! with the way volume 4 ends, you could not buy any more volumes after that and be completely content.

I enjoyed watching the show [Eden of the East] subbed as it premiered, but I've heard not-so-good things about the film sequels, which is why I haven't gotten the collection before now--I'd want to finish the story.

As someone who loved Eden of the East and its ending, I would recommend living in ignorance by not watching the films. If you gotta know what happens though, like I did, then now would be a good time to buy them.

#136 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:09 AM

This is unrelated to the RightStuf sales, but I figure there's more traffic here and I'd have better luck getting a response: Can anyone recommend Eden of the East: The Complete Series (:dvd:) for just under $18 from Amazon? It's in my Gold Box today, and I'm tempted to bite for that price...

I enjoyed watching the show subbed as it premiered, but I've heard not-so-good things about the film sequels, which is why I haven't gotten the collection before now--I'd want to finish the story.

It's a steal at that price. Totally worth it. But it's true, the films are quite disappointing in comparison to the TV series.

If anyone hasn't already bought Now and Then, Here and There, then shame on you. After you buy it, make sure to wait and watch it after the holidays; that is, unless you want to ruin your holiday cheer.

Truth. Everyone should own this.
Posted Image

#137 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Gintama DVDs and Spice & Wolf.

Dammit, RightStuf. I can't keep throwing money at you!

I so agree with you. I already spent $200+ and can easily spend more. :(

A warning for those looking to pick up Gintama: From the research I've done it seems as if there won't be any more new DVD releases for the show.

This is why I probably won't pick it up.

You might as well watch it on crunchyroll, which seems to have all of the episodes.

I pretty much know that too, but I'd like to own a physical copy of what I can get. It's a shame we aren't getting it all. :(

Great price on Xam'd blus

Yeah, I wish I waited a month to buy the 2nd season. :( Oh well.

These deals are great. I already spent a lot and may order more. I did order Read or Die, Gintama, and Pandora Hearts Vol. 1. I am tempted on Canaan, Initial D, etc.
Posted Image

#138 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

Everyone should also be buying Bunny Drop. Volumes 1-4 are fantastic. Volume 5 doesn't come out until March, so I can't speak to how good it is after things change in the story. However! with the way volume 4 ends, you could not buy any more volumes after that and be completely content.

I've loved Bunny Drop so far. However, I read spoilers and the ending is just plain creepy.
Spoiler
Why did they ruin such a great manga with this creepy weeaboo shit? :(
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#139 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:06 AM

Hot hentai game bundle on sale!? Omfg yes! Been wanting to add that to my collection for years! /sarcasm

SteamWidget.PNG

#140 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

Hot hentai game bundle on sale!? Omfg yes! Been wanting to add that to my collection for years! /sarcasm

I feel like you're implying that you'd scorn me if I bought it, haha. That's not very nice, haha.

#141 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:45 AM

I know this is the rightstuf thread, but I just got the Ghost Hunt Save bundle from amazon, and it's missing the 4th disc O_O

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#142 wormraper

wormraper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

I know this is the rightstuf thread, but I just got the Ghost Hunt Save bundle from amazon, and it's missing the 4th disc O_O

contact amazon for a replacement then

#143 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:54 AM

Obviously, I'm not looking for assistance. I'm just saying, how weird!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#144 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

Curses. As if I already had an overload on new anime the past few days...
Any chance that this series will be on Blu?

Also, thank you so much CAG for providing me with tons of new animes to enjoy. It's going to be incredibly nice to sit back and relax after all my finals this quarter...:D

#145 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

Curses. As if I already had an overload on new anime the past few days...
Any chance that this series will be on Blu?

Zero chance.
Posted Image

#146 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

Zero chance.

Sounds good to me. Now I won't punch myself for not waiting.

If only Fist of the North Star went on sale... It's a shame that it's so darn expensive.

#147 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I hate it when companies do this. It's the reason I haven't been buying the gintama sets to begin with. I didn't want to start buying something that wouldn't be completed, and with good reason.

If they just made a solid commitment and let customers know from the beginning that they would finish out the series I would've gotten them long ago.

Do you know if they're going to be giving Eyeshield 21 the same treatment?

Anime or manga? I believe Viz may have finished releasing the manga. As for the anime, it looks like Sentai only released 4 sets, covering 52 out of the 145 episodes. Volume 4 came out on February of this year. So I imagine they're probably gonna drop it. I can imagine why no one would buy the Gintama or Eyeshield 21 sets - Sentai's releasing 12/13 episode batches per set, which drives the cost of owning the series' up by having to get several volumes.

#148 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

Anime or manga? I believe Viz may have finished releasing the manga. As for the anime, it looks like Sentai only released 4 sets, covering 52 out of the 145 episodes. Volume 4 came out on February of this year. So I imagine they're probably gonna drop it. I can imagine why no one would buy the Gintama or Eyeshield 21 sets - Sentai's releasing 12/13 episode batches per set, which drives the cost of owning the series' up by having to get several volumes.

I was referring to the anime. I'm gonna agree with you, they probably did just drop it. :wall:

MyAnimeList

#149 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

yay day 6 is up!

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#150 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hell to the yes. Amagami. On that!

It seems like Rightstuf is stopping their practice of shipping free shipping orders with preorders piecemeal, which I'm fine with usually. I felt bad seeing how much they had to have been losing on me. Only reason I mention that is the good price on Bride's Story.