Photo
- - - - -

RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#181 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

FYI Personally i'd suggest Witchblade. Its definitely heavy of fan service and not meant for kids, but the story is actually much more in depth then you would expect from the previews and the show is dark but touching.

It probably has one of the most heartbreaking mother/daughter scenes I have seen in a long time.

#182 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

Day 7:

Edited by WTK, 04 December 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#183 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Not sure if serious =P Reminds me of I''s though.

I've read all of I"s and watched most of Amagami. They're way too different.

Honestly, I watched Amagami just for Kaoru.
Spoiler

Anyone have any experience with the FMPs on Blu?

Not sure if it counts, but I did see FUMOFFU in HD on Netflix. Quality wasn't bad at all.

#184 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

Honestly, I watched Amagami just for Kaoru.

Spoiler

Heh, I'm tempted to watch it now cause of Sae...

#185 9Tale

9Tale

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

Meh they can do better than today.

#186 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

+1 about Witchblade, Spice & Wolf, and Claymore. Enjoyable shows. Claymore's ending is meh, particularly if you follow the manga (it's the typical, "the show isn't faithful to the manga ergo it sucks").

Now the one thing I almost missed in Day 6's sale was Rideback. I watched this show and got pulled in for some odd reason. I can't say that this anime is really good, but it draws you in. Anyone else that watched it that can explain why it's good (or not good)? Debating buying it or not.

#187 ZachDeKoromaru

ZachDeKoromaru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

Nothing that piques my interests today, I was really hoping for another manga price drop (something that isn't Omamori Himari anyway).

Also, Ai is the best Amagami girl. This is a fact.

#188 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

I hope the Kenshin Blu-Rays go on sale.

I have a feeling it won't (due to being the Japanese release coming here and limited quantities), but you never know.
Posted Image

#189 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

How is Galaxy Angel?

I keep buying Omamori Himari and I don't know why.

#190 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

I keep buying Omamori Himari and I don't know why.

Oh God, really? Why would you torture yourself like that? You should probably stop, but I guess you might be too deep to back out now.

#191 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

Also, Ai is the best Amagami girl. This is a fact.

Nah, the person that said Kaoru got it right.

I kind of wish Needless was $10 cheaper for the set even though that's a good deal already relative to what it normally costs. It was a trashy s-CRY-ed wannabe with an imitation Gurren-Lagann look but damn it if I couldn't help being amused by it the whole way through. Still nothing for me today.

---

#192 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

I'm not sure if many people on this thread know anything about "KimiKiss: Pure Rouge," but I actually enjoyed watching it on The Anime Network's online streaming---if you're into light teenage romance anime stories, I'd say it's certainly worth a watch.

#193 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

How is Galaxy Angel?

I enjoyed the series when it first came to the states....lost track of it after the a thru z alphabet continuations. It has a cute story though.

Edited by killa5k7, 05 December 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#194 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

I enjoyed the series when it first came to the states....lost track of it after the a thru z alphabet continuations. It has a cute story though.

You should have edited Omamori Himari out of that quote; people might misunderstand you and start thinking it's actually good.

#195 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

Galaxy Angel is pretty good. Don't expect a story though. It's just silly. I've seen only Galaxy Angel, Z, A, and maybe AA. The OSTs are entertaining as well, if you're into that sort of music.

#196 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:22 AM

Nah, the person that said Kaoru got it right.

I kind of wish Needless was $10 cheaper for the set even though that's a good deal already relative to what it normally costs. It was a trashy s-CRY-ed wannabe with an imitation Gurren-Lagann look but damn it if I couldn't help being amused by it the whole way through. Still nothing for me today.

My thoughts exactly on Needless, its a pretty fun show but they the blus were way to expensive when they came out, this price is ok but I think Ill hold out alittle longer.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#197 mxwise

mxwise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but since everyone seems to have experience dealing with Rightstuf I figured I'd ask. I received the High School of the Dead Hardcover omnibus. On the interior right side cover there is a weird bubble on the upper right area. This left an impression on the first 20 pages or so. So as I'm reading I can't help but see that indentation on each page and feel it as well. Would you consider this enough of a defect to ask for an exchange?

#198 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

You could try contacting customer service and say it was damaged when you received it.

#199 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Omamori Himari is kinda cute for stupid harem fan service with adorable girls. But yeah. Dumb as hell

Is You're Under Arrest good? I know it won't be Gunsmith Cats with a badge but is it good?

#200 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Day 8:

#201 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

Will Maid Sama ever see a blu ray release in the US?

#202 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Nope. It's rare for Sentai to rerelease something on blu-ray that originally came out on DVD if it's ever even happened at all. Trust me, there have been several of their series that I really really wish had blu-ray versions but don't.

---

#203 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'm surprised Rightstuf hasn't matched amazon's Spice And Wolf prices. I'm hoping they do, so I can just get them here and bump me up to free shipping :D

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#204 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Nope. It's rare for Sentai to rerelease something on blu-ray that originally came out on DVD if it's ever even happened at all. Trust me, there have been several of their series that I really really wish had blu-ray versions but don't.

For Maid Sama is rather unlikely. However there have been a few series that Sentai Filmworks has done so (with the possibility for Clannad After Story later on).

• Clannad - 2 part DVD releases (sub only; Mar/May '09) -> DVD complete collection (bilingual release; Jun '10) -> Blu-ray complete collection (Nov '11)
  • Ghost Hound - 2 part DVD releases (sub only; Oct/Dec '10) -> DVD and Blu-ray complete collections (bilingual release; Sep '10)
  • Legends of the Dark King: Fist of the North Star Story - DVD complete collection (sub only; Sep '09) -> DVD and Blu-ray complete collections (bilingual release; Jul '10)
  • Tears to Tiara - 2 part DVD releases (sub only; Nov '09/Jan '10) -> DVD and Blu-ray complete collections (bilingual release; Oct '10)

#205 ZachDeKoromaru

ZachDeKoromaru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hell yes, been waiting for a good time to get the Pandora Hearts manga.

#206 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Given that there is a blu ray release in Japan, I will wait til next Xmas and see how things go. Spent too damn much already anyways. Really enjoyed that show despite how silly it looks.

#207 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

Given that there is a blu ray release in Japan, I will wait til next Xmas and see how things go. Spent too damn much already anyways. Really enjoyed that show despite how silly it looks.

There being a Blu-ray release in Japan doesn't necessarily mean it will be released here as well; a lot of the shows that Sentai has released on only DVD lately have a Blu-ray release in Japan, such as MM!, Amagami SS, Nyan Koi!, Maria Holic, Koihime Muso, 11 Eyes, etc.

#208 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

Another CAG from the Baltimore/Washington area, awesome. :D

Anyway, I haven't seen much that I wanted the past few days. I would like Pandora Hearts manga (I'm missing a few), but I'll wait a few days to see if there's anything else I want to order. I'm considering Shigofumi, Azumanga Daioh (Good possibility), Now and Then, Here and There (very likely I'm buying), and Chrono Crusade. Most everything else I already bought or own.
Posted Image

#209 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:25 AM

How depressing Now and then Here and There? I've passed on certain series (like Wolf's Rain) due to them just being so depressing that they're not enjoyable to watch. Another example of that is Basilisk. I loved the show, but it was so depressing that I could barely get through it, and I will never watch it again. Would I like this series? lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#210 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

How depressing Now and then Here and Now? I've passed on certain series (like Wolf's Rain) due to them just being so depressing that they're not enjoyable to watch. Another example of that is Basilisk. I loved the show, but it was so depressing that I could barely get through it, and I will never watch it again. Would I like this series? lol

Nope.