Photo
- - - - -

RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#211 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

How depressing Now and then Here and There? I've passed on certain series (like Wolf's Rain) due to them just being so depressing that they're not enjoyable to watch. Another example of that is Basilisk. I loved the show, but it was so depressing that I could barely get through it, and I will never watch it again. Would I like this series? lol

I didn't find it depressing at all found Wolf's Rain sad though. Than again I'm one of those who watched Grave of the Fireflies and wasn't depressed at all by it so I'm rare.

Zoombucks - http://www.zoombucks...f=Puppet-Master
InstaGC - http://www.instagc.com/59976 - Like this one since you can get 2% back from most Amazon purchases

#212 mxwise

mxwise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

You could try contacting customer service and say it was damaged when you received it.

I submitted the form to customer service listed as defective since their packaging is pretty solid so I doubt it was from shipping. Hopefully they accept it and send me a shipping label this thing is pretty heavy.

#213 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:28 AM

I didn't find it depressing at all found Wolf's Rain sad though. Than again I'm one of those who watched Grave of the Fireflies and wasn't depressed at all by it so I'm rare.

If you didn't find Now and Then, Here and There depressing, then I don't know what to say, since that show is messed up. Being depressing though doesn't mean that it isn't really damn good — because it is really damn good.

I submitted the form to customer service listed as defective since their packaging is pretty solid so I doubt it was from shipping. Hopefully they accept it and send me a shipping label this thing is pretty heavy.

Unfortunately with the way Right Stuf's customer service works, you have to ship the book back yourself.

#214 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:43 AM

They won't. They will tel you to reseal it and write return to sender on it, which I think is Illegal if it has been opened.

Unfortunately with the way Right Stuf's customer service works, you have to ship the book back yourself.

This is true and it is one of the reasons, I do not buy from them that often anymore.

#215 mxwise

mxwise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

They won't. They will tel you to reseal it and write return to sender on it, which I think is Illegal if it has been opened.

This is true and it is one of the reasons, I do not buy from them that often anymore.

You're right, once it's opened USPS can no longer take back the package as rejected. Seeing as how this was part of a large order with their giant boxes I can't reseal it. If I have to pay shipping I'll probably suck it up and keep it since I'm planning to buy more stuff by the time day 12 comes up.

I find Rightstuf tends to have the better prices on books so that's why I keep using them and until now I've never had any issues. Amazon tends to price at retail and Borders was actually pretty comparable when they were nearing their final months but obviously aren't around anymore.

#216 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

How depressing Now and then Here and There? I've passed on certain series (like Wolf's Rain) due to them just being so depressing that they're not enjoyable to watch. Another example of that is Basilisk. I loved the show, but it was so depressing that I could barely get through it, and I will never watch it again. Would I like this series? lol

I watched a few episodes on scifi channel, it was pretty depressing with some really unsavory moments in it, not to say it wasnt a good show. I loved evangelion and ergo proxy despite how depressing some episodes were.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#217 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

Right Stuf's customer service works,

Those words make sense separately, but put together... I don't understand them.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#218 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Day 9:

Edited by WTK, 06 December 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#219 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Ok, first time looking at the sale since it started, and I already have enough for free shipping. Just like last year, they are evil.

Eden of the East Movie 2: Paradise Lost DVD/Blu-ray (Hyb)
FLCL Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) - Anime Classics
Now and Then, Here and There DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Princess Tutu DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Trigun: Badlands Rumble Blu-ray (Hyb)

Question: how is the Disgaea anime?

Edit: Damn, I already have the Guin Saga novels. Also, might need to add the second FMA: Brotherhood Blu-ray to my list...
Posted Image

#220 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Those words make sense separately, but put together... I don't understand them.

Huh? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

#221 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Question: how is the Disgaea anime?

It's decent. It follows the story of the first Disgaea, but only the last half is the same storyline. The first half is very different.

They use the same voice actors as well, so it is very genuine. If you liked Disgaea the game and its style, you'd like the anime. Though I was a little embarrassed watching it around friends sometimes. I forgot how effin cheesy Flonne is...

SteamWidget.PNG

#222 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Is Guin Saga as good as the reviews suggest? Having a real proper sword fighting manly fantasy show sounds appealing, anime or not.

#223 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

It's decent. It follows the story of the first Disgaea, but only the last half is the same storyline. The first half is very different.

They use the same voice actors as well, so it is very genuine. If you liked Disgaea the game and its style, you'd like the anime. Though I was a little embarrassed watching it around friends sometimes. I forgot how effin cheesy Flonne is...

I'm kinda tempted because my 5 year old has a love of penguins, and I figured a lot of exploding prinnys would be entertaining for him. I just wonder if there is anything I shouldn't expose him to. (Just as a note, I haven't gotten that far in the first game, so I don't know where the plot goes.)

Is Guin Saga as good as the reviews suggest? Having a real proper sword fighting manly fantasy show sounds appealing, anime or not.

I think the books are very good. It has very much a Conan feel to it, and some interesting characters. While the character arc is covered in the 5 books, it is too bad that more of them haven't come over. (Apparently there are 130 books in the series!)
Posted Image

#224 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

I watched Guin Saga and was pleasantly surprised. The fantasy world is really goofy (imo) and the end was extra weird, but I really liked it. It's as much about manly ass-kickings as it is about the mystery behind Guin. There are a couple annoying kids thrown along as after-thoughts, but Guin is awesome. Kind of reminds me of a less cheesy hybrid of He-Man and Thundercats, where they even have a Snarf equivalent at one point.

#225 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

I watched Guin Saga and was pleasantly surprised. The fantasy world is really goofy (imo) and the end was extra weird, but I really liked it. It's as much about manly ass-kickings as it is about the mystery behind Guin. There are a couple annoying kids thrown along as after-thoughts, but Guin is awesome. Kind of reminds me of a less cheesy hybrid of He-Man and Thundercats, where they even have a Snarf equivalent at one point.

You know, I didn't even notice that the anime was also on sale.

As much as I'd like to see it, my backlog is so huge that it will probably be in a cheaper form by the time I get to it.
Posted Image

#226 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I disagree. Even hardcore Disgaea fans, including myself, don't care much for the anime. It's just not very good.
Posted Image

#227 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

You know, I didn't even notice that the anime was also on sale.

As much as I'd like to see it, my backlog is so huge that it will probably be in a cheaper form by the time I get to it.

I'm tempted to get it myself despite my backlog size, lol
Posted Image

#228 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

Blah day 9 and still no Rurouni Kenshin Blu-Ray for sale. I really hope this goes on sale during these 12 days!

#229 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

Blah day 9 and still no Rurouni Kenshin Blu-Ray for sale. I really hope this goes on sale during these 12 days!

I said before, I sort of doubt it does due to being a limited release. However, you never know (I already bought them although it did cost a lot).
Posted Image

#230 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

I said before, I sort of doubt it does due to being a limited release. However, you never know (I already bought them although it did cost a lot).

Hey dude! Yeah I know it's unlikely, but I'm just hoping that maybe they have leftover stock they want to get rid of.

#231 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

This is a pretty interesting deal on rightstuf:

Funimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb)
http://www.rightstuf...3825/4/2833/168

Funimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb)
http://www.rightstuf...3824/4/2833/168

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#232 mxwise

mxwise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:04 AM

Looks like I'll be picking up a bunch of Sentai titles once day 12 rolls around. The only one I haven't seen at least a few episodes of is Night Raid 1931. Is it any good?

#233 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

Looks like I'll be picking up a bunch of Sentai titles once day 12 rolls around. The only one I haven't seen at least a few episodes of is Night Raid 1931. Is it any good?

Not at all. It has a neat premise, but a completely botched execution. But on the plus side, the intro song is great.

This is a pretty interesting deal on rightstuf:

Funimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb)
http://www.rightstuf...3825/4/2833/168

Funimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb)
http://www.rightstuf...3824/4/2833/168

Yikes, steer clear of those.
Posted Image

#234 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

Not at all. It has a neat premise, but a completely botched execution. But on the plus side, the intro song is great.

Air gear was pretty good, although the anime never really ended.

#235 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:20 AM

Really, the only thing I got left to hope for is Squid Girl to match Guin Saga for free shipping. If not, I'll sweet talk the CS people to shove Guin Saga on my backordered Amagami.

I really need to stop buying anime.

Oh wait, Squid Girl part 2 JUST came out. Well carp.

#236 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

Really, the only thing I got left to hope for is Squid Girl to match Guin Saga for free shipping. If not, I'll sweet talk the CS people to shove Guin Saga on my backordered Amagami.

I really need to stop buying anime.

Oh wait, Squid Girl part 2 JUST came out. Well carp.

Squid girl is comming out on bluray, something to consider.

#237 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

Anyone care for Witchblade? I am trying to decide what to get.

#238 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

Anyone care for Witchblade? I am trying to decide what to get.

I really enjoyed Witchblade. The cover art is deceptive - it looks like a total action-and-boobs show, but it has a surprising amount of character depth. I recommend it.
Posted Image

#239 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

I really enjoyed Witchblade. The cover art is deceptive - it looks like a total action-and-boobs show, but it has a surprising amount of character depth. I recommend it.

Well, it would be hard to be a Witchblade show without action and boobs. Personally, I haven't been impressed much with what I've since on the Funimation Channel. Maybe it is the English dub that bothers me. (Or maybe I'm finally sick of the endless parade of big boobed heroines where they have to do big boob gags.)
Posted Image

#240 mxwise

mxwise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

The synopsis did make it sound like it would be interesting. Well if I ever renew Netflix I'll watch an episode or two if it's still around. Thanks for the input.