Photo
- - - - -

$7.99 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition - PS3 - Best Buy !

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#91 DragonSlayerX

DragonSlayerX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Here's what I got from BB:

"Thank you for your interest in PS3-BULLETSTORM (SKU 1617214) on BestBuy.com. Your order is currently on backorder; and unfortunately, we will not be receiving more product. As a result your order will be canceled. We are sorry for this and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I ordered it as a Christmas gift but, hey, it was only like a month in advance. Why should I have thought that would work out?

Is this from an email they sent you or a response to an email you sent them? I ask because they cancelled my PS3 Collectors Edition as well as Vanquish from Black Friday but never bothered to even email or alert me that it was cancelled.

#92 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

This got cancelled for me but my Dead Space 2 CE shipped.

#93 xRandizzy

xRandizzy

Legendary Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

it ran out.. I am sad.

#94 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

So this deal pops up at nearly the exact same time that I receive an email from Best Buy stating that my order for SW:TFUII Col. Ed that's been on backorder since Black Friday will be cancelled because they won't be receiving any additional shipments of the product.

uh, this deal "popped up" because of said cancellation emails

#95 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

i got a email from bb that they will be sending me a $8 code because they cancel my order =)

email
I can only imagine how disappointed you were when you learned that Best Buy was unable to fill your recent online order. The holiday season is supposed to be a time for happy news, not for notices that may mean that someone special in your life is not going to receive the gift that you had planned for them. The experience you had ordering from Best Buy was unacceptable. You deserve better.

We know that we cannot fill the order you placed in time for the holidays, and for that we are so very sorry. However, we do want to make it up to you in one small way. Within the next few days, you will receive a Best Buy e-gift card for $8, the purchase price of the item that was ordered and subsequently cancelled by us. (You will receive this e-gift card in a separate email to this address.) The e-gift card is yours to use as you wish ...on whatever you wish...in a Best Buy store

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#96 ptuck874

ptuck874

It's me bitchez!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

i got a email from bb that they will be sending me a $8 code because they cancel my order =)

email
I can only imagine how disappointed you were when you learned that Best Buy was unable to fill your recent online order. The holiday season is supposed to be a time for happy news, not for notices that may mean that someone special in your life is not going to receive the gift that you had planned for them. The experience you had ordering from Best Buy was unacceptable. You deserve better.

We know that we cannot fill the order you placed in time for the holidays, and for that we are so very sorry. However, we do want to make it up to you in one small way. Within the next few days, you will receive a Best Buy e-gift card for $8, the purchase price of the item that was ordered and subsequently cancelled by us. (You will receive this e-gift card in a separate email to this address.) The e-gift card is yours to use as you wish ...on whatever you wish...in a Best Buy store

confirmed, same for me, that was nice :)

#97 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

dammit, i cancelled mine...
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#98 DragonSlayerX

DragonSlayerX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:10 AM

They cancelled my orders for Force Unleashed 2 CE and Vanquish and I got squat.

No email for the cancellation or any type of compensation. Best Buy sucks big balls.

#99 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

Got an email too, BB FTW!

#100 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Same E-mail for me. Can't complain at all.

76561198003985248.png

#101 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

They cancelled my orders for Force Unleashed 2 CE and Vanquish and I got squat.

No email for the cancellation or any type of compensation. Best Buy sucks big balls.

sucks to be you :bouncy:

#102 janesvilleninja

janesvilleninja

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

my order was canceled and then I got a email saying they are going to give me a 8 dollar e gift card in the next few days
Posted Image

#103 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:41 AM

Best Buy is great this year, I got the $8 Credit too.

#104 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

My PS3 CE came with cracked corners on the plastic cover, and the seal was already cut off. This was clearly used/returned or something. Oh well.

#105 mombbsmj

mombbsmj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

I got an $8 credit for Star Wars and a $11 credit for a Kinect game. Best Buy has been good to me this year.

#106 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

Got an email too, BB FTW!

Me 2. Plus i called about it and got $15 bucks worth of rz points.

#107 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

Best Buy is great this year, I got the $8 Credit too.

Same here man. Maybe I'll use it for the upcoming deal of the day or something. Who knows...

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#108 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Giftcard just showed up in my inbox

#109 mblackwl

mblackwl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Ah. Thanks. I was wondering why I got that giftcard.

#110 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Soooo instead of refunding my money I get an e card really!?!

#111 Tokyojon

Tokyojon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

Soooo instead of refunding my money I get an e card really!?!

Your card should be credited and you should receive a gift card. I got force unleashed, but my Duke copy was cancelled and that's what they did.

#112 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

Wow, I'm glad I saw this thread. Best Buy gave me $24 worth of e-giftcards for my cancellations. I guess this was for the bioshock 2 CE, the Star Wars Force Unleashed II CE, and for the Cabellas Dangerous Hunts bundle. I would have rather had the games, but the giftcards are better than nothing. That's for damn sure.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#113 Beorach

Beorach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

I got the gift cards also. The Best Buy CSR's I spoke with recently were either helpful or not. I'm sort of wondering if they changed their tune at some point w/r/t these orders. I had no trouble getting my "backordered" Crysis 2 switched to a store pickup (but had no luck getting my Black Friday deals adjusted in kind despite calling when they were also "backordered").

#114 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

I got the giftcards too! Amazing!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#115 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

Deal is dead, thread should me moved to graveyard.

#116 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

Anyone who didn't receive the gift card email check your spam folder - that's where mine was (and I order from bestbuy.com a lot).

#117 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

I got da e-giftcard also