Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

• Please log in to reply
1904 replies to this topic

#751 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

The split was definitely coming. What's interesting is that they aren't just releasing him. Seems like they want to hold on to him as a potential trade chip for the off-season.

I think it is because they missed the window where they could release him and take a lesser cap hit. By trading him for a pick I am assuming they either want the pick or want to mitigate the cap hit that L.O. is going to cause.

Glad to see that Odom is gone because he has been a joke all season long. He stunk it up non stop, put out absolutely minimal effort all season, and then wondered why people booed him. I hope he comes back next year and sucks just as bad as he did this year. Brandan Wright is much more deserving of his playing time and shows every time he hits the court he wants to play for the Mavs and wants to show everyone he wasn't a lottery bust.

Posted Image

#752 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

Celtics beat the Heat, 115-107. It was a really good game and the Celtics looked to be at top form. They'll play 5 in 6, meeting the Hawks at home tomorrow, a day of rest and then their lone B2B2B facing 3 basement dwellers.

Edit: Rondo's had 18 games with 10+ assists straight now too. He's leading the league with 11.2 per game.

#753 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

I'm glad to see that the Cavs have finally found a PG to back-up Kyrie Irving to fill in the role left behind by Ramon Sessions. Lester Hudson's been a huge contributor with Kyrie out for a bit and he's been nearly as clutch as the guy he's been replacing, so I'm happy to see somebody taking advantage of the opportunity to show what they can do.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#754 muffin1man

muffin1man

I love boobies.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

I'm glad to see that the Cavs have finally found a PG to back-up Kyrie Irving to fill in the role left behind by Ramon Sessions. Lester Hudson's been a huge contributor with Kyrie out for a bit and he's been nearly as clutch as the guy he's been replacing, so I'm happy to see somebody taking advantage of the opportunity to show what they can do.

I actually went to jr. high with Hudson. I remember him because he was one of the few who could dunk. Last time I saw him was about two years ago in a Family Dollar. He was playing for the Grizzlies that season. I'm glad to see he is taking advantage of the opportunity given to him because he has taken a long road to where he is now.

#755 muffin1man

muffin1man

I love boobies.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

Hey guys, what do you think the status quo of the 6th man? It's amazing to me how the role has changed. Look at how many former starters are coming off the bench: OJ Mayo, Zach Randolph, Ray Allen, and now the Knicks are contemplating Amare coming off the bench once he gets back!

#756 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Amare coming off the bench would probably be best for the Knicks actually. Have him replace Chandler and let him play 5. He's not as quick as he used to be and when he was kicking ass early last year.

Mayo/Randolph play for the same team. Both can't be 6th man. :D

#757 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

lolknicks strike again ill leave it up to soodmeg to find out if it was Melos fault again.

#758 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yeah the Knicks are doing their best to kill my running joke!

#759 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

looks like refs save knicks again

#760 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

Damn 30 rebound tonight for Andrew Bynum. Good win at Spurs without Kobe.

#761 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

And as far as Odom goes dude been through alot of shit through out this year and people expected him to somehow overcome it, then again i dont expect dallas fans to understand since they did boo him but usually they do talk out of their ass so its nothing new. Odom probably needs a personal break from bball

#762 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

yeah, nobody has problems and still goes to work.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#763 Quail-Man3000

Quail-Man3000

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

Celtics beat the Heat, 115-107. It was a really good game and the Celtics looked to be at top form. They'll play 5 in 6, meeting the Hawks at home tomorrow, a day of rest and then their lone B2B2B facing 3 basement dwellers.

Edit: Rondo's had 18 games with 10+ assists straight now too. He's leading the league with 11.2 per game.

C's won a grinder @ Home. One of the worst officiated of the year. Rondo managed to work up a Triple double (10pts. 10rebs. 20ast)

#764 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

And as far as Odom goes dude been through alot of shit through out this year and people expected him to somehow overcome it, then again i dont expect dallas fans to understand since they did boo him but usually they do talk out of their ass so its nothing new. Odom probably needs a personal break from bball

Seems like every Laker that gets traded or gets rumor of being trade has a lot of "problems" happen.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#765 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Man just end the season already...other than the east being pants on head retarded with only 3 teams being of any interest the west playoff run should be sweet.

#766 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Put up or shut up. Players from all sports go through shit in a season, dude needs to stop being a bitch. He is getting paid to play a sport, if he can't play he needs to let his team know and suck it up. Hell they even let him leave for awhile before the all-star break to deal with his problems. Probably had to film more shows with his wife, lol. You say we don't know what we are talking about? You don't know shit.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#767 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Lamarcus Aldridge is done for the season with hip surgery. Knowing the Blazers, they'll find a way to keep him re-injuring himself for the next three years before he decides to retire.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#768 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

No Rose? No problem.

#769 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

I thought you were a Miami fan?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#770 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

yeah, nobody has problems and still goes to work.

HAHA, thank you.

#771 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

http://www.blazersed...and-zig-ziegler

Good read on Greg Oden and Portland medical staff

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#772 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

Maloofs, causing disappointment to the people of Sacramento for the last 10 years. Completely backed out of the deal to keep the Kings in Sacramento, backtracking and lying. ugh

Posted Image

#773 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

Man just end the season already...other than the east being pants on head retarded with only 3 teams being of any interest the west playoff run should be sweet.

I don't see that this year honestly. The East and West standings are pretty equivalent for once. It's not the typical situation of recent years where the East has 2 or 3 teams with losing records in the playoffs.

As far as contenders I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bulls, Heat, Celtics or Magic (if they get healthy) get on a roll and win the east, or the Thunder, Lakers or Spurs win the West.

I think both sides of the playoffs should be very competitive this year as there isn't a clear dominate team, nor any sub .500 awful teams in the playoff picture.

#774 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

http://www.blazersed...and-zig-ziegler

Good read on Greg Oden and Portland medical staff

This article does point out what everyone has known for a really long time, and that is you don't ever trust a Trail Blazer's doctor. Just ask Bill Walton. It really is a shame that their organization doesn't handle medical care like they should. Paul Allen should just buy out PHX's staff. Sarver is a cheapass so they probably could get them for a reasonable price.

Also, was Roy actually amnestied? I didn't think that they actually used the clause on him, but I see conflicting information online. I know he did the medical retirement, and I didn't think they amnestied him.

Edit: I guess he was. I didn't realize they cut him after he retired.

Posted Image

#775 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

It was to get his payroll off the books so it wouldn't go towards their cap room.

#776 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

Fuck the Maloofs.

I guess I might have to find a new team to root for next year...

Sucks because right when we were starting to find an identity with Isaiah Thomas and Cousins, they back out of the deal.

Because 3 teams in Los Angeles is really a good idea. :roll:

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#777 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

Fuck the Maloofs.

I guess I might have to find a new team to root for next year...

Sucks because right when we were starting to find an identity with Isaiah Thomas and Cousins, they back out of the deal.

Because 3 teams in Los Angeles is really a good idea. :roll:

Living in Sacramento, this is causing absolute heartbreak. The Maloofs are the worst kind of owner.

Posted Image

#778 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

I would love to know why the NBA continues to let them own a team when they are terrible businessmen.

Posted Image

#779 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Because the Charlotte Bobcats.

I went to today's Bobcats-Celtics game to be disappointed that Pierce and Garnett didn't even fly here. Oh well. During the 4th quarter a guy won 3 prizes (a gift bag, a signed team ball (LOL) and an iPad). He was given the choice of taking those prizes or giving everyone in attendance free tickets to tomorrow's game vs. the Hornets. Considering the fans told him loud and clear 'we don't want to see this shitty team 2 days in a row,' he abliged, but the team did not.

So I now have tickets to tomorrow's game vs. the Hornets where they try to set the team record for consecutive losses in a season (17), which they matched tonight. The other time they lost 16 games in a row during season? Earlier this season.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#780 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Magic just can't get a break on the injury front.

Hedo's out indefinitely with the facial fracture, Howard has a herniated disc rather than back spasms, and is also out indefinitely. Van Gundy said he's preparing for them both to be out the rest of the season.

And now Glen Davis sprained his knee yesterday.