Photo
- - - - -

Bioshock and Bioshock 2 PC ($5) and add-ons (Minerva's Den $5) 50% off on GfWL.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

http://marketplace.x...BioShock-Series

Bioshock $5
Bioshock 2 $5
Minerva's Den $5
The Protector Trials Free
Killing them Kindly Free
Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack $2.50
Rapture Metro $5
Zigo and Blanche $1

You can use Microsoft Points to buy. The game itself has been $5 dollars at a lot of places, but the only two places, at least that I know of, to buy Minerva's Den is GfWL and D2D (which still has to be activated on GfWL).

Since this is a Deal of the Week it should end 12/1/2011 unless Microsoft extends it for being buried in the site.

Edited by Zin_LG, 01 December 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#2 Qwertykeys

Qwertykeys

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

How long is the sale for?

#3 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

Thanks, I've been wanting Minerva's Den for a while and haven't seen it on sale before.

#4 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

Don't know it doesn't say. This is the first time I've seen Minerva's Den on sale for PC though so I made sure to jump on it.

#5 dancingcrab

dancingcrab

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:01 AM

Awesome, been waiting for MD to fall below the $10 mark!

#6 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

I would also like to know, really considering picking up Minerva's Den.

#7 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:43 AM

Not sure but I would buy before Thursday to be safe.

#8 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

if Microsoft wants GamesOnDemand on xbox to be taken seriously, they really should do sales like this on xbox. I wont buy them unless they do something insanely cheap, as I hate Digital Distribution for console games.
*The Cadillac of signatures*

#9 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

If Microsoft wanted these sales to be taken seriously they wouldn't have buried them on xbox site.

#10 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

They merged the GFWL site a few months back. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen the Bioshock 2 stuff go for half off.

Seeing as they still have yet to change the DOTW from Creed in ~week+ now, hopefully they will finally update it. MS really gives a shit about GFWL. Last good deal was Fable 3 for ~$12.50 and I have still yet to play it.

#11 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

I second this. Can anyone figure it out? I had Bioshock 2 for PC but never finished 1. Then I got Bioshock 2 for 360 via BB deal and bought all the DLC when it was on sale. I just wanna know if I have time to get to Bioshock 2 to see if I like it enough to play it on both systems (and double up on the achievements) and thus double buy the DLC...

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#12 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hard to tell that stuff really is even on sale. There's no indication I can find anywhere that that's the case (not that I doubt the OP). It's not listed as a Deal of the Week nor as part of their BF/CM sales.

MS really gives a shit about GFWL. Last good deal was Fable 3 for ~$12.50 and I have still yet to play it.

It's sort of funny to watch Microsoft in regards to GFW. They seem to go through waves of just completely pretending it doesn't exist and then sudden bursts of insisting they consider it a priority and here's why! I think even the merging of GFWL and Xbox Live was claimed to be some new benefit to the PC community, but it's obvious it is more a case of them moving into the apathetic phase. They want to compete with Steam, but they do such a half-assed job of it, it's no surprise it's been an utter failure.

#13 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

I've heard nothing but EXCELLENT things about this DLC. And I think it's going to be a long, LONG time before we see anything lower than a 50% discount on this.

#14 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

to many excelent new games out now to worry about 50% off dlc on what is now an old old game

#15 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

to many excelent new games out now to worry about 50% off dlc on what is now an old old game

Old games never die and Bioshock 2 is actually pretty good, despite everyones weird hate for it.

#16 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

Its not that they die its that ms needs to learn a lession from steam and give better discounts. 50% is nothing on an old game.

#17 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:22 AM

The site finally updated and Bioshock 2 is the deal of the week so the deal should end tomorrow.

#18 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

Only thing to add is on the deal of the week page, the original bioshock is also for $5.

#19 humidore

humidore

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

If i got Bioshock 2 on Steam, with this DLC play nice? I ask because i dont think i can use DLC bought on Steam for Section 8: Prejudice with my GFWL purchased copy....

#20 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

Securom

#21 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

If i got Bioshock 2 on Steam, with this DLC play nice? I ask because i dont think i can use DLC bought on Steam for Section 8: Prejudice with my GFWL purchased copy....

The dlc will work. It has to work for all copies since 2k only released the dlc on GFWL and D2D.

#22 namepl

namepl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

I bought Bioshock 2 on Steam a while ago and bought Minerva's Den on GFWL during this sale, and it worked fine. Just downloaded the DLC through the GFWL client and let it do its thing.

#23 SOLUSDEATH

SOLUSDEATH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up, got Minerva's Den:)

#24 humidore

humidore

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

Alrite, picked it up, thanks!

#25 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

It's sort of funny to watch Microsoft in regards to GFW. They seem to go through waves of just completely pretending it doesn't exist and then sudden bursts of insisting they consider it a priority and here's why! I think even the merging of GFWL and Xbox Live was claimed to be some new benefit to the PC community, but it's obvious it is more a case of them moving into the apathetic phase. They want to compete with Steam, but they do such a half-assed job of it, it's no surprise it's been an utter failure.

+1. Typical Microsoft.

#26 spcxxx

spcxxx

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up, got Minerva's Den:)

Does someone have this DLC for sale???

I like to play it, i looked even for cracked version everywhere and nothing...

In my country it is not so easy...:cry:

thanks

#27 spcxxx

spcxxx

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Does someone have this DLC for sale???

I like to play it, i looked even for cracked version everywhere and nothing...

In my country it is not so easy...:cry:

thanks

I forgot to mention i need PC version....

I have already bioshock 2 patched to 1.5 version