Bulletstorm (PS3, 360, or PC) $7.99 each w/ free shipping @ BestBuy.com

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#271 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:08 AM

The Epic edition comes with a Gears of War 3 beta key. So it's entirely irrelevant at this point.

Fixed.
Posted Image

#272 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

Thought the game was on sale again.

#273 yuuup

yuuup

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

BB just cancelled my order and issued a refund. It had been on backorder for me since the day it went on sale. I called to inquire, and they told me its because they are not getting anymore in stock =( Disappointed because I heard it was actually a decent game. They also cancelled Halo LE, Aragons Quest Wii, and Brutal Legend today from the BF sales. Everything that they put on backorder they eventually cancelled so watch out. They didnt give me an option to extend the backorder either, they just are not getting anymore I was told.

#274 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

BB just cancelled my order and issued a refund. It had been on backorder for me since the day it went on sale. I called to inquire, and they told me its because they are not getting anymore in stock =( Disappointed because I heard it was actually a decent game. They also cancelled Halo LE, Aragons Quest Wii, and Brutal Legend today from the BF sales. Everything that they put on backorder they eventually cancelled so watch out. They didnt give me an option to extend the backorder either, they just are not getting anymore I was told.

thats sad cuz my store has seriously 10 bulletstorms.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#275 tweeb

tweeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:40 AM

Thought the game was on sale again.

That's nothing. I thought this was a new thread lol.

#276 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

dammit, thought it was on sale.

#277 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

It's ironic. I've been buying games from Best Buy all week that I wasn't really interested in. I actually wanted Bulletstorm and missed it! Oh well, all those other purchases will keep me busy.

#278 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

That's garbage. There is no way they have no Bulletstorms left anywhere, it isn't a hard to find game.

#279 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

That's garbage. There is no way they have no Bulletstorms left anywhere, it isn't a hard to find game.

$10 used on GF and amazon warehouse. Hell it might be in the yearly GF sale on Wednesday.

#280 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

i used this deal as a filler to get my klipsch 2.1 promedia speakers up to $100 so I could get the extra $10 gift card. I didn't have any high expectations going in since Bulletstorm was just a filler item, but I found the game to be very boring.

I traded it back to best buy for $8, and have since been playing resistance 3 ($20 from amazon) and crysis 2 ($10 from best buy). I've enjoyed those two games a lot more because instead of doing trick moves with the lasso you get to pick your enemies apart with the cool sci-fi weapons present and delve into different strategies.

So, that's it i guess. Rating single player fps's this year, I'd go Resistance 3 > Crysis 2 > Bulletstorm. I've since traded in my Resistance 3 to Best Buy for over $20 though.

#281 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:16 AM

If you missed out, Bulletstorm is slated to be sent to the clearance racks at Target if the remaining copies your store has don't sell at ~30.

Posted Image

#282 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

Thank you for the heads up, I will keep an eye out for it.

#283 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

I just beat the game thanks to gamefly and at that price it is a steal.

#284 Dread Fox

Dread Fox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

My BB order was cancelled :(

#285 Melt

Melt

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

My best buy has several bulletstorms. If I take a copy of my canceled order email there and raise hell you think they'll give me the online price?

#286 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

My best buy has several bulletstorms. If I take a copy of my canceled order email there and raise hell you think they'll give me the online price?

I'm not sure anyone has ever tried this. I guess if you get a nice manager, have print outs of emails and your order status from BB.com that shows the price, you've got a shot. You may need to get 1-800 on the line while you're in store so you can pass it off to the manager. But that'll take you like 30-45 mins to figure out and possibly get shot down anyway.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#287 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Got this game on GF for $10. Worth every penny. Such a funny game. I haven't even touched the MP yet. Not sure if I will though.

76561197972337331.png

#288 dark-star

dark-star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

Got this game on GF for $10. Worth every penny. Such a funny game. I haven't even touched the MP yet. Not sure if I will though.

Some of the funniest insults and one-liners I've ever heard in a game. Generally excellent voice work, too. I haven't tried MP either, but the Echos are a fun diversion from the main campaign..
"The piracy can't be done." - EA Rep 'Russell', in chat with CAG crupp.

#289 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

I played though this and I haven't played many FPS, but I enjoyed it. The leash system is really cool. I would say $15 is the most I would have paid for it (actually paid $7.xx from BB BF sale)

Here is a tip though: The ammo boxes refill whatever guns you have equipped, so If you have one in storage you can swap it out to fill it up. I didn't figure it out until the last level.

Any word on a sequel for this game?

#290 Beorach

Beorach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

BB didn't honor my order and cancelled before e-mailing me about it. It's a motif (just like thread necrophilia)!

#291 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Oh how I remember the days when dead deals made their way to the deal graveyard...